Alex

I never left her side. Unless Brent, Loretta, or Samuel would come up to the hospital to get me to fall asleep in my own bed.

• • • • •

Sometimes, I would play with Alice's hair. Putting it up into a ponytail, braid, or bun. I learned how to do hair by the Gregory girls. Amanda, Ellie, and Katlyn. Rachel sometimes lets me do her hair instead of Loretta. She likes when I do her hair so I started doing Alice's. Now, Alice practically begs me to do it.

• • • • •

When they took out the piece of glass in my right thigh, pain like no other ran through my body. I screamed and cried but, I never moved my leg. Being in a wheelchair for a week wasn't the greatest but, my dumb mistake had that specific consequence.

• • • • •

I contacted Light in January. I went up to her palace.

"Light, be honest with me, did ya do it?" Anger rising in my voice. I'm practically yelling at her.

"Do what?" Light answered so innocently.

"Oh, ya know what ya did. Don't act like ya don't know what's goin' on in my life right now."

"Oh, you're talkin' 'bout Jordan, right?"

"Duh? Wasn't it obvious?"

"Well, I did do it. On purpose." Let's when I lost it.

"On purpose! On purpose! Why?! Ya took the chance of me bein' dumb n' used it to break me. Light, I'm broken. Ya can't do this to me. Ya can't. This is wrong. Ya need to release her. I don't care what your little elaborate plan is. All I care 'bout is her. My love is too strong for ya to break. Ya won't break my love, you'll just break me." Tears start rolling down my face.

"Are ya sure?" That's all she asked. I calmed down a bit. Is she starting to understand me now after that whole yelling match I had with myself.

"Yeah, I'm 100% sure I love her. Even though she looks a bit like Samantha."

"Okay, this is what ya have to do, Alex. You'll have to go to the hospital room. Go with someone. Then, 'round lunchtime, have them leave. Touch her forehead n' try to pull her out. You'll come here. This can be very dangerous cause she'll figure out who ya are. I'll release her. Then, I'll send ya back to the hospital in a jiffy before the person ya came with comes back. Good?"

"Good, let's do this," I say, even though I'm a bit worried in what I'm getting myself into.