A Girl?

"Hey, Alex! How was school today?" My foster mother, Loretta, asks me once I step foot into her house.

~~~~~~~~~~

There are three levels. The basement, the first level, and the main level. The first level and main level are open to each other.

The basement has an entertainment room, Brent's bedroom, and a bathroom.

The first level has the living room and the front door is on that level.

Then, on the main level, there is the kitchen, dining room, master bedroom, master bathroom, two bedrooms which are Rachel's and mine, and a Jack-and-Jill bathroom.

~~~~~~~~~~

I smile once I smell her cooking in the kitchen. It smells good so I walk over to her.

"Whatcha cookin'?" I ask her, as she walks over to put something in the oven.

"Pizza," she says, turning around to hug me, "How was your first day of school?"

"Great. Everyone was glad to be back. But, I did meet-" I got interrupted by Brent.

"Who did ya met today? A girl?" I turn around and see him laughing. I roll my eyes at him.

"Stop it, Brent! Alex, who did ya met today?" Loretta asks me while giving Brent The Ultimate Mother's Evil Eye.

"It was actually a girl. A new girl," Loretta's eyebrows raise as I ignore Brent, "Her name's Jordan. Jordan Weaver."

"Aw! Alex and Jordan sittin' in a tree, k-i-s-s-i-n-g, first comes-" My little foster sister, Rachel, sing songs as she strolls into the kitchen.

"Stop! Everyone just leave me alone!" I yell over everyone's voices. Loretta goes back to cooking. Brent and Rachel just stare at me in awe. I make my way out of the kitchen and go to my room, down the hallway. I shut the door to my room.

My foster family is so over-dramatic. I met a girl at school and they goes nuts! They're definitely crazy! I throw my backpack on my bed and grab my phone out of the back pocket of my jeans. I see that she's already texted me. I see that she has texted me first.

• • • • •

"Hey, Alex! Sorry about today. I have no clue what came over me. Sorry if I made u feel uncomfortable in any way. We kind of went really fast & I wasn't really ready 2 go that fast in our relationship today. Get that?" Jordan Weaver says at 4:21 p.m.

"Yeah, I get that. And u were fine today. I know how hard it is 2 move 2 a new place. A new school w/ new people." Alexander Green says at 4:27 p.m.

"Thanks 4 understanding, Alex! I really appreciate it 😉" Jordan Weaver says at 4:30 p.m.

"I need 2 ask u something tomorrow @ school. Meet u early @ ur car?" Alexander Green says at 4:34 p.m.

"Sure thing. How early?" Jordan Weaver says at 4:38 p.m.

"The time u came 2 school today. 7:45?" Alexander Green says at 4:41 p.m.

"👍🏻 See u then 👋🏻" Jordan Weaver says at 4:44 p.m.

"Bye 💪🏻" Alexander Green says at 4:47 p.m.

"Whoops! Wrong emoji! 👋🏻" Alexander Green says at 4:49 p.m.

"LOL!😂😂😂😚" Jordan Weaver says at 4:53 p.m.

"Talk 2 u later, Jordan 😊" Alexander Green says at 4:57 p.m.

• • • • •

Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God! Jordan sent me a kissing emoji! Oh My Texting Gods! Did she really just text me that?

She didn't send the kissing emoji with the heart, but I think she does that for the same reason why I don't send that one. It's because one eye is open. Who kisses with their eyes open? That's just weird.

I think I played it cool with the blushing emoji but, who knows? Maybe she'll think I'm weird or something like that. I don't know. I'm not that great at texting as the kids are nowadays. For Pete's sake, I was born when their was no such thing as a GPS or a car.