Delaney

I visited Jordan twice. The first time was with Izzy, Eddy, and Cass the day after the accident. The second time was when her father came into town. When I heard the news from Eddy and Cass, I almost fainted. It's scary to drive out in the middle of the night.

• • • • •

When Izzy walked out of the hospital room, I told Alex, "Alex, people make mistakes. I make mistakes. Eddy makes mistakes. Izzy makes mistakes. Cass makes mistakes. Even the janitors at our school make mistakes. But, we learn from our mistakes. Will ya make this mistake again?" He shakes his head no and I give him a long hug.

Then, I walk over to Jordan. I whisper something in her ear and, then, go find Izzy.

"Jordan, wake up! Your killin' Alex!"

• • • • •

The second time I came in, I came with Eddy. Alice and Jordan's mother weren't their. Just her father and Alex. They were talking when we came into the room. Alex introduces us to her father.

"Nice to meet you all," her father says. Eddy talked to him first, then, he went over to see Jordan.

"So, you're Laney, short for Delaney. And your twin brother is Eddy, right?" I nod my head yes.

"Well, I'm Eric, Jordan's dad. Came here all the way from the big city of Chicago."

"Nice to meet you, Eric. Your daughter's the most sweetest girl in the world. She wouldn't hurt a fly." He starts laughing.

"She loved killing flies with a fly swatter when she was younger." We talked for a while. Asking questions. It was great to finally meet Jordan's dad.