Fortunately, the last few weeks went by quickly. But I was worried with my grades, which would come soon. Something in me had changed, and both my friends and my teachers noticed this. Even though my exam results were excellent, many times now they have catched me out of focus during lessons, in which I was constantly remembering the concert. I could not stop thinking about the concert, and once in a while out of the blue, a image of a pair of light brown eyes, one of them lazy, seemed to flash across my mind. My heart would jump beats with this, and I would go back to the same moment in which those same eyes were locked with mine, their owner singing and playing the guitar to me.

Beside me, Ella was reading her book, and next to her, Bailey kept poking an already annoyed Ella on the arm every time she found a good movie on the plane's movie selection.

"Oh my gosh, look! They have Avengers! This is going to be the best trip ever!" Bailey says , poking Ella for the third time already. Only a few minutes later, Bailey squeals again, moving her finger to poke Ella, but before she even manages to touched her, Ella snaps. "I am trying to read my book, don't you see? If you are going to be like this every night of this trip, you're sleeping in the corridor!"

Noticed someone missing? That's right, Violet is not here. Unfortunately, her parents did not let her come, claiming she was too young to travel to the other side of the world alone. So our room would only consist of Ella, Bailey and I, which I was glad about. Imagine if I was assigned to stay with someone I did not get along with?

The flight was, as expected, a very long one. With my weird thing of not being able to sleep in planes, I read for a bit, and then watched 'Frozen', 'Big Hero 6' and 'The Little Mermaid'. If you have not guessed already, I am a huge Disney fan.

We finally arrived at the huge airport, the biggest one I had already been in. Compared to this one, the airport in my city is not even a quarter as big as this one. This one even has freaking monorails! Ours has not even got a golf cart.

After a very, very, long time in immigration due to the large number of people, we finally get our luggage and exit the airport, entering a bus. Unlike inside the plane, after only hearing a few songs, I fall asleep.

I am woken up by the abrupt sound of cheers, and look around frantically.

"What? What?"

And then I see it. The beautiful landscape of far away tall buildings, all arranged in an organized manner. Here, I can already see the new World Trade Center, with its' structure made out of mirrors reflecting the setting sun's light.

Too focused taking photos and admiring the view, I don't realize when we are already on the base of the buildings, entering Manhattan, moving slowly due to the intense traffic. I had come to Manhattan once before, but just as the first time, I am awed by this all, admiring the looming buildings that we pass by slowly.

Thinking I couldn't get be more hyped with this trip, we arrive at the hotel, which proves me wrong and makes me even more excited. It is awesome. Bailey, Ella and I enter our room, which looks very comfortable, and dragging our still not very heavy luggage into the room, we go straight to the window  to see the blazing colourful screens and colourful lights of the Times Square, contrasting with the now already black sky.

We stay there appreciating the view and taking pictures for many minutes, until Ella scared us with a gasp, and points at the screen of her phone.