One hit to the nose and blood was spewing out, dripping down to my mouth as I let out a choked sob. He punched me in the throat, and I gasped for air, feeling winded as my vision blurred from already feeling pretty weak. I felt like puking, all of my non-existant dood ready to come out of my mouth.

Then, he hooked his fingers in my hair before pulling my head up and slamming it back down on the ground. I sobbed out in pain, pleading for someone to help me, but nobody came, nobody heard. "You stupid little fag! You're nothing!" He yelled as he stood, throwing kicks to my side as I curled up to protect myself.

"Bet your little lover boy is out fucking other people, people more attractive than your ugly ass will ever be! He's probably so happy to be away from you. You're a worthless, pathetic, needy little fucker. He probably never loved you- faking his emotions out of pity. Because..." He grabbed my face in his hands, squeezing it between his fingers, and I tasted the blood in my mouth. "Nobody loves you. You're better off not even breathing."

He threw me down before standing there, smirking down as me as I groaned and sobbed in pain. "If Nathan wants you're sorry ass, he can have you. Just have to teach him a lesson, too." He chuckled, then he turned and walked away, leaving me wounded, bruised and bleeding, on the empty hall floors, wondering what I ever did to deserve this.
------------------------------------------------------

I stumbled all the way home, the streets being nearly empty from how dark it was getting outside. It took me a while to finally get the strength to get up from the floor and walk out of the school building. I skipped on the guys, texting them that I had a lot of studying to do.

I made my way home, hoping my mum was in bed or too busy cooking to notice my appearance. Blood was dried all over my face, some on my arms from defending myself. I felt broken and battered, and I was so tired. I'm pretty sure I blacked out once or twice while laying on that floor.

I opened the door and walked inside, trying to go to my room as fast as possible, but my mum was sitting right on the couch. She looked up and gasped when she saw me, quickly walking over to me.

"Liam! What happened? Oh my gosh! Are you okay? Talk to me, Li, please?" She asked, and I would talk, but I felt so heavy and sleepy. I just wanted to lay down. Still, I managed to mumble out a few words.

"Nothing. Just... bullies." I said, and my mum gasped again. I felt bad as her eyes began to water. Her hand covered her mouth and she shook her head quickly, not wanting to believe that this was true. Because how could this happen to her son? Her son that was so popular and had so many friends? What a joke.

"No. N-no, Liam." She said, and tears fell from her eyes. "Oh, my poor baby. Why? Why didn't you tell me this was happening? Does anybody know? I can help you, Li-"

"You can't help, mum!" I said, managing to get that out just fine. I felt so defensive and worked up. I didn't need to be reminded of how helpless I was. I didn't like feeling this weak. Only around Niall because he always made me feel strong. God, I wish he was here.

"How long?" My mum asked quietly, and I knew what she meant. How long has it been going on.

"Since I came out. Since I told people I was attracted to guys. Funny, huh? I'm the freak for loving someone." I scoffed, crying myself now. "I never... I never told you because you had this perfect image of me, mum. I was happy! I was your perfect son, but I'm really not! I have bruises- so many bruises. And now I have no one to fix that because now I'm bruised on both inside and outside. My heart hurts just as much as my body does. I'm just... I'm just so tired." I cried.

My mum came up to me, enveloping me in a tight hug. "No, Liam. Honey, you're still my perfect boy. Everyone has struggles, but what is happening to you is wrong. You're such a lovely person, Liam. Niall saw that, too." She said, and I burst into more tears at his name.

"Come on. Let's clean you up. Do you want to eat dinner?" She asked, but I shook my head. I was hungry. I was starving, but right now I was tired. I just wanted to sleep and forget this day ever happened.

My mum helped my clean up all of the blood and bandaged a cut on my forehead. I felt cleaner, but there were still bruises beginning to form on my face and stomach. Some were small and some were big, but they still held so much hate in them.

She left to eat dinner in the dining room, and I left to my room, laying on my bed. I curled up in a ball, tears spilling from my eyes at how much I hated life right now. I needed Niall. I needed something good.

I took my phone out of my pocket and unlocked it, surprised to see two voicemails from Niall. I desperately played the first one, crying silently as I listened intently.

"Hey, Li. Had my first day at school today. It was okay I guess. Really want to talk to you, love. I was also thinking that maybe I could try and drive down there this weekend. I really want to see you. Call me when you can. I lov-"

I sobbed louder as the final sentence got cut off. It hurt so much. I just needed to hear him say it- even just over the phone. The news of him trying to come over this weekend gave me hope, but sadly, not much. My tears blurred my vision as I clicked on the next voicemail. It was sweet and simple, but it made wrecked sobs leave my lips.

"I love you." The very message I needed to hear.

I played the message on repeat, listening to those three words over and over again, wishing Niall was actually here. I felt my eyes get heavy, forgetting that Niall wanted me to call him back. Nothing else crossed my mind but that small fact. Niall loves me. And I love him, too.