Weird Feelings

Chapter 8:

LIAM

I woke up to a weight on me and opened my eyes to see Louis sitting on me as he shook me. "Liam, get up and get ready for school!" He complained, and I groaned, wishing we didn't have any school today.

Last night was a blast after I was pulled out of my saddened mood. We played a lot of games, like twister and would you rather, and we just had a lot of laughs. It was nice to just focus on a friendship with all of the lads and get my mind off of my crush for a while, even if that was impossible when he was in the same house as me. Last thing I remember was falling asleep on the couch.

"C'mon, Liam! I don't want to be late for first hour!" Louis whined and I grunted.

"Fine!" I rolled over to sit up and Louis fell off of me, almost face planting into the floor. I tried to contain my laugh, but I heard Niall's laugh, looking up to see him standing there ready for school. I lost it as soon as he laughed and didn't even care when Louis glared at me.

"What was that!?" He asked as he got up and turned to me. He sassily placed his hand on his hips and looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"You told me to get up. Your fault for sitting on me." I said as soon as my laughter died down. We both turned to Niall as he spoke.

"That was hilarious to see so early in the morning. Thanks for making my day, guys." He joked. I then heard footsteps getting closer to the living room, seeing Harry and Zayn emerge from the hallway, both ready for school as well.

"Harry! Scold Liam for dropping me on my face!" Louis demanded and Harry looked a bit shocked for a second before I saw him grin.

"He dropped you on your face?" He asked and Louis almost growled as he started laughing, Zayn groaning to himself saying "It's too early for this."

"It's not funny!" Louis yelled and then he pouted, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"Hey, I'm sorry, Boo. I won't laugh anymore." Harry said as he went to hug Louis, and it took a few seconds before Louis finally smiled and accepted Harry's hug. "And you, don't you dare drop my Boobear ever again!" Harry scolded me as they broke from the hug. I should be replying, but I couldn't help but notice how comfortable Louis and Harry looked together.

Harry still had an arm wrapped around Lou's waist, and he would usually push someone's hand away, also offering a sassy comment, but he didn't push Harry's away. In fact, his head was leaned onto Harry's shoulder and Harry seemed to pull Louis in closer. I narrowed my eyes at them. Was there something going on that my best friend didn't tell me?

My thoughts were interrupted as I felt warmth on my shoulder, looking up to see Niall there. He defended me against Harry. "Maybe your boobear shouldn't sit on people." He joked and Louis faked hurt while Harry comforted him.

I smiled at the scene taking place around me. This was all great, but then I remembered that I had to get ready for school. I hopped up, pushing Niall's hand up, making him hit himself in the face. "Fuck!" He yelled in surprise and we all ended up laughing, even Zayn.

"Language! Still going to defend him?" Harry said in a teasing way and Niall smirked. "Yes."

My heart soared at that, and then I felt like I was in heaven as he turned to me, a stunning smile taking over his features. It brightened my world up more than the sun did. I snapped out of it again, remembering that I still had school, and I don't want my mum to get on my case about being late.

"Be right back." I said as I grabbed my bag and made my way to the toilet. For some reason, I feel like this day is going to be great!
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°♥°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

NIALL

I don't know why I felt sad when Liam walked away from us, but I did. My smile faltered a bit, but I quickly contained it as we all spoke for a bit, waiting until he stepped back into the room.

I looked over as soon as Liam stepped into the room, and I swear my heart skipped a beat, but I can't determine why. He was only wearing a simple black t-shirt and some jeans, but there was just something about him. Maybe it was because I remember everything we talk about last night? Yeah, that's it. I just feel a bit awkward about that conversation. Liam was just a friend, and maybe we could be best friends.

"Ready to go, everyone?" Zayn asked and we all replied with small 'yeah's' before following him out of the front door. Zayn seemed to take the lead, Harry and Louis following after, laughing at something they were talking about, and Liam and I trailed at the end, silently walking along. We all decided to walk to school, seeing as my mum needed her car, and we couldn't all fit on Zayn's motorcycle.

"Hey, thanks for having that talk with me last night. And cheering me up." Liam said, and I smiled at him. He always spoke timidly, and I found it quite adorable. I could tell he wasn't one hundred percent comfortable with the whole group yet, but he was getting there.

"Of course. You needed to talk, so why not?" I said with a small shrug. He only nodded before he looked at the floor, watching his feet as he walked. I noticed that he was trying to avoid stepping on any lines, just like a game a child would play. I have done it before, but also involved the challenge of trying not to step on cracks.

We finally arrived at the school and Liam bumped into Harry, as he wasn't looking up. He blushed a bit as Louis laughed at both of them, Liam stumbling back and Harry stumbling forward in shock. I caught Liam by his arm and helped him get stabilized. I felt him flinch a bit, but I thought it was just a normal reaction since he did just bump into Harry.

"I'm fine. Thanks." He said, and I noticed a small blush creep onto his cheeks as he turned away.

"You sure?" I asked. I had to admit that he was pretty cute when he looked embarrassed. His blush was such an amazing pink color, barely noticeable on his tan skin, but beautiful nonetheless. Shit! I shouldn't be thinking this way. Friends. Friends. We are friends.

He only nodded and then pulled Louis' hand as he said "We have to get to class." I yelled a goodbye, but got no response. Why was he acting so strange?

I watched him walk away, Louis balancing himself and walking beside him. They seemed to be in a deep conversation, and I was so curious on what it was about. Something seemed to be bothering Liam, but maybe he didn't want to talk about it. I mean, I didn't want to talk about my feelings or problems. That is why I can only see Liam as a friend, no matter how strong the connection between us feels at times. I can't fall in love. Like my parent's proved- love can die and it will leave you wishing you would, too.