More Than Love

Chapter 41:

NIALL

"Are you sure you want me to meet your mum? You seem a bit nervous." Liam stated. We were currently sitting down on the living room couch, and I kept bouncing my leg in anticipation for what's to come. I was nervous about my mum's reaction, but I really was in love with Liam, and hopefully she would see it.

"No, I do want you to meet her. It's just... a bit nerve wrecking I guess. Can you really blame me?" I asked, and he laughed a bit before shaking his head.

"I totally understand. But, hey, maybe she'll see how much you mean to me and things will be fine. Only hope for the best. And even if she doesn't, oh well. I'd never leave you anyway." He said, turning my face to him as he pressed a kiss to my lips.

I kissed him back in an instant, loving the butterflies that erupted in my stomach whenever I was with Liam. His lips were just so addictive, and I would never get tired of kissing him.

We pulled apart and just smiled at each other, never breaking eye contact. Then we just started laughing, not really having a reason to, but Liam made me so happy that I could just laugh and smile all day long when he was near me.

We heard the front door open and close, and our heads snapped over to the living room entrance. My mum walked into the living room, busy burying her keys in her purse. "Niall, honey, I want to say- Oh! You brought a guest. Um, Liam, right?" She asked, and Liam nodded, immediately standing up and walking to her.

"Hello, Ms. Horan. Nice to meet you... again." He said, holding out his hand politely. My mum completely ignored him and looked at me. I was afraid of what she would say, but I knew that if she rejected us it wouldn't stop me from seeing Liam.

"Why is he here, Niall? You didn't even inform me of this." She said in a stern voice. I knew she was upset with me and trying not to explode in front of Liam. My mum may not approve, but she has her own morals.

"He's here because he's my boyfriend, and last time I checked, mum, I have never had to inform you if I wanted a visitor over, so why is Liam different?" I asked while crossing my arms. Liam dropped his arm slowly and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Because you are two teenage boys with very active hormones, Niall. That's why!" She said, setting her purse down on the recliner with a loud thump. Liam jumped a bit, but I glared at me mum.

"We wouldn't even do anything, mum! Stop being so damn ignorant." I said.

"Niall, I don't think-" Liam began to say, but my mum cut him off with her anger finally shooting out at me as she pushed past Liam and crossed over to where I stood.

"I have no ides what you would do in my house! I didn't even know my own son was gay until a few days ago! How am I suppose to trust you with anything!?" She yelled, and that was completely unfair. How could she throw that at me?

"Don't even try to interrupt, mister!" She said as I opened my mouth to speak. "Now, Niall, I know that you think that you love this boy. You probably think that you'll be together forever, right?" She gave a small humorless chuckle. "Good luck with that. You might think this is love, but I'll tell you now this is teenage lust! Hormones acting up! And if you do love him, how can you ever be sure he loves you back?" She said, finishing, and I felt so broken right now at her words.

"FUCK YOU!" I spat out at her before I stood up from the couch and walked away to my room. I was so pissed at my mum. How the hell could she say these things in front of Liam? He never did anything wrong and he was being so polite to her. He should have just been rude back, but I knew that's not how Liam was raised. He was so sweet and polite and caring, and I loved him so much. I was so in love with him, and I wish my mum would open her eyes and see that.
------------------------------------------------------

LIAM

I watched as Niall stormed out of the living room, and I instantly wanted to run and comfort him, just let him know that everything was alright, but his mum turned to me. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave." She said.

Normally, I would leave politely as requested, but I couldn't. I couldn't leave when I knew that Niall was upset, and I had the power to make him happy again. It was way out if my character, and certainly above my confidence level, but I had to check on Niall.

"I'm afraid I can't do that Ms. Horan." She looked at me in a bit of shock and anger. It was intimidating, but Niall needed me right now. "I understand that you think that I'll hurt your son or that I'll just use him, but I know that I am deeply in love with your son. I love him more than anything, and if you can't see that then I guess there's nothing I can do. If you don't want me anywhere near or in your house again, I will stay out, but right now I have to make sure Niall is okay before I go." I said before I walked by her and into Niall's room.

I opened the door and frowned when I saw him curled up on his bed crying silently. I closed the door and then walked over to him, sitting down and pulling him into my arms. "I hate her!" He cried, and I felt my heart hurt for him. I knew he didn't mean it, he was just upset.

"Niall, you don't hate your mum." I said.

"Yes I do! I hate her because she doesn't listen. She doesn't know anything. She doesn't know how much I fucking care about you. She thinks she understands everything that goes on in my life, but she never even listened to how much my parent's split hurt me. You did! And I hate that she always speaks so little of you when you are sweetest person I have ever met in my entire life. I mean, you love me, so you must be a miracle." He said.

"Niall," I breathed out as I pulled his face up. He straddled my lap and looked into my eyes. Everytime I look into his beautiful blue eyes, I was hypnotized. They were such a beautiful cerulian blue- mesmorizing. "Anyone could love you. You're just so loveable. If anything, the real miracle is that you love me back. And it's fine if your mother doesn't trust me. She can talk about me all she wants but it won't effect me because you're all that matters. Nothing else. Niall, I love you so much, and it hurts when you are this upset. I'll always be here when you're hurt, and I promise that I will never leave you, darling."

I wiped away the small tears that slipped down his cheeks and kissed him gently. He relaxed into the kiss and then pulled away. "She just doesn't know how much I love you. She doesn't understand. Liam... I don't just love you. I-it's terrifying me to death, but I think, no, I know that I'm madly in love with you, and if you ever did decide that my mum was too much to deal with and left, I have no idea what I would do without you." He said.

I rested my forehead against his and smiled softly at him. "You don't have to worry, Niall because I am deeply in love with you. You are my whole world. And I will never, ever leave you." I said. He nodded before leaning in the small distance and pressing his lips to mine again.

I pulled back after a while and said "Now, let's see that pretty smile." He laughed at that and I smiled at him. I was so fond of this boy. I was truly in love with him, so much that it hurt. I loved the feeling though.

We both froze as there was a knock on the door. Niall got off of my as we both turned to see who it was. Niall's mum walked in and adverted her eyes frok both of us, looking at the floor.

"Liam, may I speak with you?" I nodded, but then Niall spoke up.

"Mum, you're drunk." He said. Only then did I notice the bottle of alcohol in her hands. She seemed fine to me though. Maybe she was also use to it that she was like that all the time.

"I only had two glasses. Liam, may I speak with you please?" I looked at Niall before nodding again. His mum nodded, walking out of the room again. I got off of the bed, about to make my way out to follow her, but Niall pulled me back.

He crawled onto his knees and then pulled me into a passionate kiss. He pulled away with a delighted sigh and said "I am in love with you, Liam."

"And I am in love with you." I promised, kissing him once more before walking away to see what his mum had to say. I was hoping for good news.