Divorce & Noticed

I decided it was time to post something on this shared user we have! I am British-1D-Irish and this is my story You&I (Niam). Anyways, please read, enjoy (hopefully :) ), and comment/vote! <3

Chapter 1:

Niall

"Niall, I know that you hate this but it's for the best." My mum explained to me. This summer was horrible, the fighting between my parents got worse and they ended up getting a divorce. Since my older brother is already moved out and is legal age, he didn't have to go through the whole custody battle, but I did because I was only 16. My mum got custody of me, but I can visit my dad and stay with him on weekends if I want to. My mum gets me whenever she wants me home and she usually takes care of me. I go to the school closer to her home and I guess my life is as good as it gets right now.

"But, why didn't you and dad work it out like always? Don't you love each other still?" I asked because they always said that they would always be in love and I thought they were the most perfect couple and that they would be together forever, but that wasn't the case. Now, love just seems like a lost cause and a huge lie. She sighs and she finally parks out front of the school building and turns in her seat to face me. She holds my hand and says "Niall, your dad and I will always love each other, but just in a different way now. It just didn't work out how we thought it would. Sometimes you fall out of love and then you just gotta do what's best from there."

"How is this what's best? I feel miserable." I said and she just hugs me close and says "I know my baby but it will get better in time. Nothing lasts forever." She says. I sigh but nod and get out of the car. "Have a good first day back, Niall." She calls and I wave goodbye to her. Once she is gone, I turn to face the school and decide to go look for my friends since I have time to spare before class.

I walk into the building and see some people laughing and talking in the halls while others are getting their stuff out of their lockers and are hurrying to class. I looked around and headed to my locker before searching for anyone. I threw everything in and took out the books I needed before backing up from my locker. I was about to close it when it slammed shut. "Hey!" I yelled at the person who slammed it shut. "I'm so sorry." They said. I looked to see a guy with brown hair, brown eyes, and a nice, shy appearance rubbing his head.

"I'm really sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going and I didn't see the locker there and I just hit it and it slammed and-" He rambled on. "Dude, it's fine. Are you okay?" I asked with a little chuckle at his rambling. "Yeah. Fine. Just have pain on my forehead." He said and I gave him a pat on the shoulder and said "Good. Have a great day, mate." I said and began to walk away to find my friends when he spoke up. "Um, my name's Liam." He said and I nodded. "I'm Niall." I said and then walked away before I was too late to meet up with my friends.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°♣°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

"Hey Niall!" Zayn called to me. I walked over to him and he said "How did your summer go?" That was the one question I was trying to avoid, but I knew that it would come up sometime. "A total bummer. My parents split." I said and he frowned. "You mean permanently?" I nodded. "Full on divorce. Mom got full custody." Zayn nodded and said "Sorry bro." I just shrugged and said "It's cool." Even though it was a total bummer and really effected me. I just didn't want anyone to know how much it really hurt me.

"What about your summer?" I asked to change the topic. Zayn instantly smiled and said "We went to New York and I met the most amazing girl there." I nodded and asked "What was her name?" His eyes seemed to glaze over in pure adoration and he said "Perrie. She doesn't live far from here. Only a couple of hours." He was so excited about it and I was happy for him.

"Hey guys!" Harry yelled at us as he ran towards us in the hall. "Hey Harry!" Zayn yelled and I said "'Sup Haz." He smiled and said "Best summer ever! My mom bought us a bigger house and Gemma finally left for college." Zayn and I laughed at his enthusiasm over his sister leaving. "Now the house is my temple." He said with a really posh accent.

"That's great Haz. So does that mean more parties?" Zayn asked. Harry shrugged and said "Depends on how the school year goes. If the teachers aren't dickheads and dob't give give tons of homework then absolutely." I laughed and then heard a voice calling me. "Niall?" They asked and I turned to see that Liam kid I met this morning.

"Oh, hey. What's up?" I asked and he held up a blue journal. Wait, was that my journal? "You dropped this at your locker and I have been trying to return it. Glad I finally found you." He said as he handed it to me. "Oh, thanks Liam." I said as I took it. He nodded and said "Well, I gotta go. See you around?" He asked and I nodded and then said "Wait." He turned back to me and I said "Liam, this is Harry and Zayn. Guys this is Liam." Harry and Zayn both nodded and shook hands with him. "Nice to meet you both, but I have to meet up with someone soon so I should get go-"

"Liam!" A guy with brown feathery hair and blue eyes that almost matched mine, yelled out as he walked up to us. "I've been looking for you since school started. Where the hell have ya been mate?" He asked. He got to us and said "Hey, I'm Louis!" He was really energetic and seemed like a fun guy. "Louis, calm down." Liam said "This is Niall, Zayn, and Harry." He introduced us. We all waved and, much to our surprise, Louis pulled each of us into a hug. "Nice curls." He told Harry and Harry gave a smirk towards Zayn because they always have disagreements when Harry says that everyone loves the curls. "Told you everyone loves the curls." Harry said and Zayn just stuck his tongue out causing me to laugh.

"Well, we really should be heading off now." Louis said and Liam nodded. "Yeah, um, see you later?" He asked me and I nodded "Sure." He smiled and then said goodbye to Zayn and Harry before walking off. "He seems friendly." Harry said with a wink and I just laughed and said "Shut up." The bell then rang and we all went our own ways to get to class.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°♥°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

LIAM

He was absolutely gorgeous! He had the face of an angel. His blue eyes were like the ocean and his blonde hair was like the sun. His smile was incredible and his laugh was adorably infectious. I loved his hot accent and he was just everything from a dream. I feel like I'm dreaming and he isn't real.

It was kind of a good thing that he dropped his journal because then I don't think I would've had the confidence to talk to him again. Right now I'm sitting in first period just waiting for the bell to ring. "Soooo..." Louis said and I looked up at him from doodling in my journal. He had a knowing look on his face and I raised my eyebrow. "What?" I asked and he squinted his eyes.

"So Niall?" He said and I rolled my eyes. "What about him?" He smirked and said "What do you think about him?" I shrugged and decided to play it off as nothing. "He's pretty cool. Seems nice I guess." Louis smiled and said "Sure. You like him don't you?"

I looked at him with wide eyes for a second and then looked at my desk and played with my hands. "What? No! Pssshhh! Never. Why on Earth would I be attracted to Niall? I mean he has such deep and beautiful blue eyes and- I mean... Is it really that obvious?" I finally asked Louis and he laughed. "No mate. I only know because I'm your best friend. I know when you like someone. Also, you made it pretty obvious." He said and I looked at my journal and saw that I drew a very detailed heart with Niall's name in the middle of it. I blushed and Louis laughed while patting my back.

"Promise you won't tell?" I asked and Louis nodded. "He is just so perfect. I know that I probably have no chance with him since this is the first time he's noticed me." I said and Louis looked confused. "Wait, is he the one that you were always talking about? You know the guy you thought was cute but you wouldn't tell me who?" He asked and I nodded.

The truth was, I already knew who Niall was, I was just too shy to talk to him. He wasn't shy and knew so many people that I just thought he wouldn't ever talk to me, nor notice me. He is really nice and now I feel a bit stupid for being so worried to talk to him. I have liked him since my first day at this high school last year. This was the best day ever since he actually acknowledged me.

"Well congrats on him noticing you." Louis said and I smiled. "I know! It's so unbelievable and I am so happy. I just hope we will be good friends." I said and Louis smirked. "Sure you just want to be friends?" I blushed and looked down at my drawing. "No." I replied in a whisper. I wanted to be so much more than his friend.