Mistake

Chapter 29:

I was so excited for gym class. I immediately went to Harry's locker and found him already getting changed. He seemed to be in a much better mood than this morning, and I was so hopeful about this.

"So...?" I questioned, and he looked up at me with a small smile. "C'mon, Harry! Did you talk to Louis about how you felt?" I asked, hoping he did because Louis seemed to be in a better mood when he walked into class today.

"Yeah. I talked to Louis." He said. He was holding back information and it was torturing me. I wanted to know what happened between the two of them. I was dieing to know.

"And? What happened? What did you say? What did he say? Did you tell him you liked him? How did he react? Are you dating now? Please, Harry!" I whined, and he chuckled at my many questions.

"I would tell you, but Louis wants to do that. Maybe we will date. Maybe we decided we're better off as friends. You should hear it from your best friend." He said. He then winked at me before walking out and to the gym. I think I hate him now.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Niall asked as he walked into the locker room and saw me. He came up to me and looked at me with a concerned look on his face. Maybe it wasn't such a big problem, but I wanted to know what happened between them.

"Harry won't tell me what happened between him and Louis. They both like each other and I made them talk about how they felt, but Harry won't tell me how I went, and I really want them to be a couple!" I cried out, and Niall chuckled before pulling me into a hug.

"I'm sure everything worked out fine between them. Harry loves to torture people, as kind as he may seem." Niall said. I made a whining noise and he laughed. "It'll be okay, love." He kissed me gently, and that definitely made my frown disappear.

"I lo-" He was about to speak, but then he cut himself off, his eyes wide. "I mean, I think you should get dressed. Coach wouldn't like either of us to be late. Luckily, I changed beforehand." He said in a cocky tone.

"Well, then Mr. Perfect, leave me alone so I can change." I said. He chuckled again and shook his head. "You are something else." He gave me one last small peck before he said "See you out there."

I laughed this time as he gave me a wink and then walked out to the gym. I sighed, finally getting around to changing. I managed to change my shorts and was about to change my shirt when the locker room door was pushed open again. Someone was obviously later than I was.

I took off my shirt, but then froze as I heard a weak voice speak my name. I turned around and saw Nathan standing there, but he looked so beat up. His eyes was black, he had a few cuts, his nose was bleeding, and he looked rough. I wasn't heartless, and I was compelled to help.

"What happened!?" I gasped out. I have never seen Nathan beat up before. Matt and him were known for hurting others, not getting hurt themselves. Oh my gosh, did Zayn actually go through with hurting him?

"I'm fine. Nothing I can't walk off, right?" He said, giving a dry chuckle. He tried to walk towards the bench in the locker room, but his knees gave out. I rushed towards him, helping him stand upright. "C'mon." I grunted as I supported his weight and helped him sit down.

He mumbled a small thank you and then reached for one of the towels on the side racks for his nose. Once he wiped up all the blood and it stopped bleeding, I finally questioned him. "What happened? Last I checked, people feared you."

"Not so scary when they know you're gay." He said, and my mouth fell open in shock. I was lost for words, and I guess he understood that because he continued. "I told Matt that you didn't kiss me, I kissed you. Long story, short, he beat my ass for being gay. He said I put him at risk of catching my disease. Some fucked up shit." He said.