"I Like You"

So, I had a chapter ready yesterday, but I accidentally deleted it and I was mad at myself. I wanted to cry because I worked so hard on it, but I think this re-make of the deleted chapter is better. Also, I have Liam's problem of claustrophobia and I do panic in large crowds. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Chapter 10:

LIAM

Friday came faster than I expected. I was so nervous for Louis' party, and I was so closed off today. I was constantly watching the clock, trying to make the time go bit slower. I was such a coward, but I was scared to tell Niall how I felt. I just needed more time than I had to think of the right things to say. If I screw this up I will never forgive myself. I don't want to seem like a complete idiot in front of him.

"You okay, Liam?" My mum asked me as I just played with my dinner. I was only poking at my vegetables with my fork, not eating anything at all. It was sort of a nervous habit, but I felt like if I ate, I would only want to puke into the nearest toilet even more than I already want to. I was never good with nerves.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just nervous about Louis' party." I commented, not exposing too much to her about what will go down tonight. All I've told her is that Louis is having a party and he wanted me there with him. She had her worries because sometimes I get panic attacks when I'm feeling claustrophobic, but I promised her Louis would be there for me. She also made me promise to call her if I wanted to come back home. She was supposed to drop me off after we finished dinner.

"Are you sure this is a good idea, Liam? You don't even like having a lot of people at your birthday parties, why would you want to be in a house full of strangers?" She asked. I could tell she was only worried, but I knew I had to be there tonight. Who knows how long I will harbor my feelings if I don't let them out tonight? It was like my one perfect chance.

"Mum, they're not strangers. They go to my school." I said, ans she gave me that look that said 'you know what I mean.' "I'm going for Louis. I want to support him with this, and I am way more organized than he is. I can handle things better if they get too out of control." I said, trying to search for any excuse to convince her that this way okay, though I was doubting it myself.

"Okay. I guess you know enough to take care of yourself. Let's get you to Louis' house now." She said and I followed her out of the house. I felt like every step I was taking was slower than the one before, but I knew it was just my worried mind playing tricks on me. I was a bit thankful for it.

The car ride was short and silent. I just kept playing with the sleeves of my long-sleeve shirt. My lip was probably close to bleeding to how often I was biting it. I just wanted everything to go right. I felt like this is one of the most important things I will ever do in my life.

"Are you sure about this?" My mum asked as we pulled up in front of Louis' house, already blasting with music and people scattered everywhere. I looked at the house, so hesitant about this. I could already feel my heart pumping and my breathing picking up, but I had to ignore it. I turned to her and nodded. "Okay. Just please be careful and call me if it gets to be too much." She said.

"Yes, mum. I already promised you this." I said, getting out of the car. I knew she was worrying about this because she has been around for my anxiety attacks and they can get pretty bad. Louis has seen one of them, but it was mild compared to others I've had. It's another reason I don't like school hallways because I don't like the crowds. It sucks.

"Love you!" My mum called and I blushed in embarrassment as a few people heard and looked over. "Love you, too." I said before walking into the house; a whole new atmosphere. There were people everywhere, along the walls, on the stairs, filling up a whole room. I could already feel the panic setting in, but then Louis found me.