Chapter 3

Chapter 3:

"Hey buddy! Here he is! I saw what you did today Liam! I am very proud of you," my Dad said as I walked in.

I held Ruby's hand as we walked into the kitchen.

"Thanks Dad," I replied with a smile.

Ruby stood by my side closely as she swayed sleepily.

"How are you Ruby? Did you see it?" Dad asked her.

Ruby smiled, "I'm okay, just a little tired. I did I saw it, it was amazing! It's a shame you couldn't be there."

"Yes, my bloody work got in the way, but I will definitely be there for the big game in two weeks, I promise that," Dad replied.

"Geoff, have you seen my keys? I'm going to go and get some ice," my mum said as she walked in.

"No sorry love," Dad replied.

"Oh Liam, baby you're home! Oh how was the game? I heard you scored the winning touchdown," Mum said as she hugged me.

"Mum it's called a basket," I replied with a laugh.

"Same thing. Hello Ruby, how are you? Did you bring all the things you need? I promised your mother that I'd get you to your audition tomorrow, right on the dot," she said.

"I'm okay thanks Karen. I brought all my things, but I don't have a wig, I couldn't find one and they wanted black straight hair, so I was wondering--"

"No problem dear, I have one and if mine isn't right, Ruth has one that she wore when she went to a 1920's themed party," Mum told her.

Ruby nodded, "Thank you."

"Now then, dinner will be ready in an hour or so, it's a baked dinner," Mum said.

I nodded and then brought Ruby into my room. I set her things down on my floor and she set all of her things up around my room. I laughed as she claimed my room and then wrapped my arms around her waist, my front to her back. I rested my chin on her shoulder and kissed her neck lightly.

"You're nervous," I told her as I watched as she fiddled with her hands.

She did that when she had anxiety.

"I really want this part. I mean it's Velma from Chicago, I've wanted this part since I was little," she replied.

I turned her to me, keeping my arms around her, now she faced me. I looked down at her upturned face and smiled.

"You will do great, you know the routine, you know the songs, you know the lines, and you'll rock the audition, I promise," I vowed and I gave her kiss as if to seal the deal.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too."

"Are you feeling okay sweetie, you are hardly eating anything," Mum asked Ruby.

We were seated at the table, me next to Ruby and Ruth, 19, and Nicola, 21, across from us, with Mum and Dad at either end.

"I think it's just the nerves for tomorrow, I'm really nervous," Ruby confessed.

"Oh sweetie you'll do great," Mum assured her.

"I hope so, I really want the part," Ruby replied.

"Trust me, I was there when you were rehearsing, you were good," Ruth told her.

"Hey! How come she was allowed there during rehearsals?" I protested.

Ruby smiled as Ruth awkwardly coughed.

17 Again Liam PayneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara