Chapter 24 Savannah

Start from the beginning

I sat in the park for 30 minutes as it started getting dark. I know I should be heady back home. My phone died an hour ago Dad probably getting worried. Walking into the house Dad is on the couch.

"Hey, Dad! "

"Hey, honey."I was calling you where did you go?

"I took a walk to the park and started talking to a girl I met there. My phone died so that's why you didn't get an answer."

"Oh okay well next time please charge your phone fully or better yet notify me where you going."He grinned with one eyebrow raised.

"Sorry, Dad will do." I smiled.

"So who's the friend you met today?"

"Her name was Mia she seemed nice. She's from here and noticed I looked new. Something about a small town." I shrugged my shoulders.

Dad laughed. " Well, there's food in the oven. Eat something and I'm not asking."

"Okay. Okay."I said surrendering. Smiling it felt good hearing him laugh.

"Oh yeah, I talked to Doctor Jane about the therapy or support group. I know you didn't mind either one. We found someone who has experience.  She's a psychologist. I think one-on-one support with someone who understands will be great." He smiled.

I agreed. I smiled. "Yeah, I agree it will be better. I'll feel more comfortable opening up to one unknown person about this instead of a whole group of unknown people. Thanks, Dad. So when do I start?" I hugged him and he hugged me tighter.

"Next Tuesday. I'm so proud of you Savannah." His eyes got watery. "You becoming so much stronger and wiser with everything you have been through."

"We've been through," I said breaking the hug and looking up at him. "With everything WE have been through Dad. Not a single thing happened to me that didn't happen to you. So if I'm getting my strength from somewhere it's you. I'm your daughter's only daughter and you had to watch everyday me get sicker." I paused to wipe the tears. "You were watching me die and there was nothing you could do about it. I watched you pick me up when I was low and took care of me without a complaint or blame even though I was the reason you lost the love of your life." Wait did I just say that out loud, it slipped.

His eyes opened wider. He looked at me incredulously. "Savannah you don't think you are the blame for your mother leaving? You are not the reason. Your mother and I problems existed long before you got sick. Don't ever blame yourself for her mistakes. She couldn't handle you being sick. She couldn't watch it. She loves you and couldn't handle seeing you so sick. Sweetheart I'm fine with losing your mother I got to keep you." He smiled and wiped tears from his and my eyes as well. He hugged me and I snuggled my head in his chest. I love my dad. He is everything to me I don't know what I do without him. I stayed with my head on his chest until I fell asleep.
**********************************************************************************************
I woke up the next morning with Noah's ringtone blasting in my ears.

Hello. I said muffled. With my eyes still closed.

Hey beautiful, he laughed. Did I wake you?

Kind of, it's okay. I'm finally opening my eyes. I'm in my room!

Is there somewhere else you should be? He said a little sarcastically.