Chapter 6 Savannah

"Hey, Honey!" Dad greeted me as I came into the house.

"Hey Dad, did you happen to go by the pharmacy and get-"

"Yes, it's on the table, are you okay Sweetheart?" Nothing gets past him. I thought I was doing a good job of hiding my pain. Noah only seemed to notice.

"Yes Dad, giving "Do you want desert Savannah? Their strawberry cheesecake is good as shit! " She laughs. Good I think she lightens up again, she looks tense sort of as if she is in pain.

"No I'm okay," she reaches for her forehead. Digs in her bag for sunglasses and puts them on.

"Are you okay? " I asked getting a little worried.

"Yeah just a little headache, getting sensitive to the light."

"Well we can leave, I'll drop you back home. You should get some rest." She smiled gratefully. As we were leaving Josh was walking back out, his behavior was odd tonight. Savannah's presence definitely has some type of effect on him. Mike, Britt, and I said our goodbyes to him.

"See you guys around, nice meeting you Savannah, come back anytime. " He smiled.

She smiled and said thanks. Getting in the car I noticed Savannah sitting in the back and Britt and her were whispering about something couldn't hear them. The ride back was silent, Savannah had this face of concentration. I knew that headache wasn't just some little headache. Mike and Britt were their thoughts not knowing what to say to each other. I think they reached the breaking point. We pull up Savannah's house. I get out of the car to walk her to the door.

"I had fun tonight Noah."

I give her a look of disbelief. I cleared my throat. "You sure there were a lot of awkward moments tonight between Sarah the waitress and the weirdness with the Wilsons? I was pretty sure you were ready to run and never look back."

She removes the glasses from her face and immediately clenches her eyes from the porch light. "No really, she tries to reassure me. I like Mike and Britt, and the restaurant was amazing so thank you. I do appreciate you guys letting me be a part of your weekly tradition." She smiles genuinely.

"Well, I'm glad you had fun. We should try this again but just us?"

"I don't know Noah. I think you great guy. I like you, but I don't think it's a good idea for us to date."

"Why? Is it because of Sarah? She didn't mean anything to me. I mean yeah we had sex a couple of times. I didn't want you to think of me as some man whore. I mean I-" I stopped talking I'm screwing this up before it even starts.

"No, I'm damaged. It would be unfair to put this burden on you." She says with tears in her eyes.

Damaged!? Burden!? What is she talking about? "I want to get to know you, Savannah Johnson." Looking her in the beautiful light brown eyes ." I really do."

"I don't know what to say, Noah. We can be friends. I don't wanna hurt you Noah that's why I'm saying no to a relationship. I'm sorry. Goodnight I had fun", she kisses me on the cheek. Turn away and go into her house.

Walking to my car. I couldn't stop thinking about what Savannah said. How could she think those things about herself? What did she mean by burden and hurting me? Getting in the car I heard Mike complain about being hot.

"So Noah I like her, she's cool don't mess this up. "Britt pointed her finger at me.

"Well, there won't be anything to mess up. She just completely shut me down."