Chapter 11 Noah

The past couple of days have been a blur. I have been at Savannah's side. Ignoring her Mr.Craig protests for me to go home. If I did go home I wouldn't be able to sleep or eat when I'm worrying about Savannah. It's still shocking to believe her mom left her. Now I understand why she never talks about her. It's too hard. Her dad is my hero. He did it by himself. It had to be tough. He won't be alone this time. I'm here. Even when she pushes away.

"Hey!" She stops me in mid thought.

"Hey beautiful I kiss her . She smile, it melts my heart every time. How did you sleep?"

"Good as it get since I was on a hospital bed."

"You ready to go ? I told your dad I'll bring you home so he get some rest."

"Yeah doctor Jane just going to give me my discharge papers ,and she gonna wanna talk about my next steps."

"So what does happens next?"

"I start med-" (Knocks at the door).

"Good Morning! How are you feeling Savannah?"

"I'm okay."

"So are you ready to go?"

"Yes I am ."

"Okay I started you on these antibiotics. You'll come back in a week to see if the antibiotics treating the infection."

"What if these treatments doesn't work? Then what will be her next steps." I got worried when I heard If.

"Well if treatment doesn't work we will have to start over. We have other antibiotics. But we are confident the medicine will work."

"Okay thanks."

She smiled and told Savannah she will see her in a couple of days.

***************************

"Whooo! It's cold as shit outside! I said unlocking the car doors." Walking over to open Savannah door,

"Yeah it is the middle of January!"

"Yeah yeah smart ass it was an statement. Get in !" I said pointing to the passenger seat.I smirk at her comment remembering how much I missed her these past couple of days. She smiles .

"Turning on the heat. Do you think my dad's okay"Looking me dead in face.

"Umm..."

"I guessed she senses my confusion before I could answer. I mean when you was in the waiting room."

"Yeah he was worried and concerned like the rest of us."

"Us? Who is us ?" She seemed embarrassed.

"Britt and Mike came, they were there for like 3 hours too."

"Really why no one told me I would have called them."

"They understand you were just in the hospital."

"I need to know the look on his face ."

"Van you need rest, your body needs time to heal."

"Noah. "She said rolling her eyes getting annoyed. "I'm fine. This isn't my first time in the hospital. And it won't be the last time."

"I don't know what to say he was worried and concerned!"

"Yeah, he did look scared? Was he hurt? Noah I know it's weird of me to be asking you this, but I know my dad, and he will never tell me how he really feels. He wants to be strong for me. He probably think I can't handle it."

Truth is I did see the hurt in his face. I know the look all too well. My mom had it everyday. I can't tell her that. Her dad keeping his feelings away from her maybe the best thing for her. I don't think she could handle it either.