Chapter 13: Prank Day

Rules to being an awesome prankster:

Rule number 1: Never let your guard down.

Rule number 2: Less is more.

And most importantly,

Rule number 3: Never take it too far.

And Prank Day seems where all that is thrown out the window.

When I entered homeroom I found out what 'Prank Day' officially was. Sadly to say, I was today's first victim and possibly only victim.

It all started when I was late for homeroom and was rushing through the hallways. Bad idea. I fell right on my ass when I slipped and fell all over the greased floors.

I stormed into homeroom half soaked until I actually opened the door, that's when I got completely drenched. A water bucket fell above me and splashed over a gallon of water all over me.

"Ugh! Is this punishment for being late! Kinda lame!" I pushed my hair out of my face to see what was in front of me.

"Happy Prank Day!" The twins high-fived each other.

I spit out water that entered my mouth. "Prank Day?" I was getting seriously angry. First the greased floors, now this?

"Oh you fell on that? Nice!" Hikaru laughed.

"That was you too!" I grabbed the student pass and headed for the nurse for a change of clothes.

Leaving was the right idea, coming back was not.

~

"So then you add five to the-"

"WATER BALLOON FIGHT!!!" Three boys ran into my math class with a barrel of colored water balloons.

Before I could almost blink, a red water balloon zipped right past my face to the left. I moved my face quickly to the right and that's when my face became in contact with a 3 pound water balloon.

"Ow!" I guarded my right eye with both hands. My eye hurt real bad and I seriously wanted to kill the boys who did this. "What the hell!"

I heard others yell back and get splashed. What is seriously wrong with this school?

"Chion and Makoto, to the principal's office!" The teacher stormed out the room with the two boys. Half the students were soaked with water.

"Are you kidding, I look like a raccoon!" Some girl grumbled in the front when she looked in the mirror, fixing her eyeliner.

"How did you not get soaked!?" I looked over to the twins who sat perfectly unharmed.

"We ducked." They nodded together.

Haruhi even had a splash on her shoulder. Were they like super heroes?!

~

Lunch came soon after I left the nurses'. My eye was just a little swollen, but none the less it was fine. She gave me some ice for it.

"Hey, you ok?" Hikaru held a tray and walked with me.

I nodded. "Yeah it's just a little swollen, why," I pulled the ice away from my eye. "Does it look bad?"

He cringed. "Not particularly." I put the ice back where it was. "You're not getting lunch?" He asked.

"No, I'm not really hungry." I shook my head glancing around the lunch room.

Most tables were filled with a few select seats opened. I stopped looking when I saw Haruhi and Koaru wave to us.

"No lunch?" Haruhi sat in front of me.