Chapter 46: Strawberry Panic

I didn't know where I was going. Home wasn't the answer. If my mom saw me like this she would want me to go to the principal and say something. She would be furious and want me to embarrass myself just to get whoever did this expelled.

I needed to hide and then find a way to change and get home. I needed options and plans. The only logical outing for a 'hiding spot' resorted back to none other than that janitor's closet.

It surprised me how many people were actually in the hallways. Most everyone should be at home or in a club. There were only a dozen or so, but still.

I pulled out my phone that managed to stay dry in my bag; actually my bag was pretty dry all together. I dialed the first number that I thought would actually help. Haruhi.

She answered pretty confused. "Tess?" She asked.

"Haruhi, is there anyway you can get me a change of clothes. Possibly a girl's uniform?" My voice was house and file with a mixture of worry and doubt.

"Ugh... Maybe? Are you ok? Where are you?" I made her worried.

I paced around the room. Pulling at the ended of my, pun intended, strawberry blonde hair.

"Please! I just need you to bring it down to the janitor's closet near the school garden. Please?" I begged.

The way she paused to talk I could imagine her scrunching her face as if she was remembering something. "That's weird, Financier said he had to go down there for something..."

My jaw dropped. "Where is he now?" I growled.

"Here... Why?"

God her and her question!!! "It's nothing. So could you do it for me?"

"Yeah ill be down there in a sec. I won't tell anyone why I'm doing this!" Her cheery voice hung up.

I waited a few minutes until Haruhi showed up. Her face looked horrified by my red-sticky appearance.

"Woah.." Her eyes shot open.

Giving a have smile I replied softly. "Yeah."

I changed quickly, leaving the red dress in the trash in the closet. Perks of being in a janitor's closet!

My hair was still gross so I was going to have to go the bathroom. But that could wait. I had bigger fish to fry.

"Thank you." I said to Haruhi about to leave.

Her hand collapsed on my shoulder. "Wait, where are you going?"

"To get Finn."

Her brows furrowed. "Why?"

I sigh. "I'm pretty sure he's the one who made me into a strawberry shortcake."

"I'm coming with you." She said.

We ran down the halls all the way to the Club. Our feet hurt and my strawberry hair was really annoying. But I didn't care. I was beyond done with all these people walking all over me. IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!!

I bashed through the door with such force I thought I broke it.

"Tess?" Tamaki asked me. He looked disappointed. "Where have you been? I had to make the tea without y-"

"Suck it blonde! I have no time to deal with you."

Tamaki backed away slowly and curled up into a ball on the couch. The girls around him comforted him.

"Where's Financier?" I growled, scooping out the area before me.

My eyes stopped at Hikaru. His face was complex and worried.

"Whoa! Hey Tess. What up with your hair?" Finn pointed at my strawberry filled bun that sat on my head.

My upper lip quivered at his remark. He did this! So why is he acting all smug?!

"Oh you know. It's a new look. All the cool kids are- Fucking YOU asshole!!!" I spat.

I looked closely at his eyes. They were shocked and almost terrified.

"Hey hey, easy... What did I do?"

"Oh don't play dumb with me! Haruhi told me that you went to the rose garden not too long ago."

Finn nodded in confusion. "Yeah, I needed to hand back some papers to our teacher. The fastest way is near the garden."

He only said garden. It was small but the information there made it seem like he didn't write the note. Knowing him, he would use the same word as the one from the note.

"Ok, who did you see on your way there?"

"Well I didn't walk through the garden, I went around it. We are on the second floor."

The second story window was open. That's where the culprit threw the strawberries at me and dashed away safely into the halls. He just ruined all hope I had for him not doing it... Back to making him the suspect.

"What did you see?" My voice was low and my eyes were slits.

I saw him swallow. "Ugh... Students..?"

If he wasn't going to say it was him and if I had almost zero proof, I was fucked. My strawberry attacker was no where to be found.