Chapter 24: Sister's Secrets

(Another read along for yeah to the right!!!)

Hikaru loss ends his grip on my shoulders and pulled away from the hug slowly. His eyes looked confused and baffled by the statement I just said.

His eyes blinked repetitively until he finally closed his mouth. He shook his head gently trying to clear his thoughts. "Did you just say sister?"

I arose from the floor and pushed myself onto the couch.

"Do you want to know?"

"Wait! So you have a sister? Where is she? Is she back I'm Florida? Why don't you just visit her?" Hikaru baffle with questions. "I knew you had to brothers, but a sister?"

I sucked in some air, wiping away my tears and composing myself. "Do you want to know?"

"Well duh, what's she like?" He was utterly infatuated with my family.

I straightened my back and looked directly into his eyes. "Hikaru," I placed my hands on his hands to get how serious this had to get across to him. "I will tell you everything, all I ask is that you don't say anything during or after. Until I tell you, ok?"

The redhead nodded softly, he was all ears.

Taking a deep breath I stared down at my gold chain and locket.

"Did you know being different can come in two?" I smiled sadly at the metal.

"What?"

"Two of the same things can be different, right?"

Hikaru thought it over a little while before answering. "Then they are not the same.."

"But they are.." I corrected him.

"If one thing is the same as the other thing then they can't be different." Hikaru was confused.

I shook my head lightly. "My sister told me that two things that are the same can be different."

"Who is your sister?"

I swallowed hard an closed my eyes shut. "Maria.. Her name is Maria."

"How come you never talk about her?" Hikaru asked.

"Because she's dead."

The air was thick, really think, almost hard to breath. The air was sucked from me. I couldn't cry even if I wanted to. There was no tears left to cry. So I had to sit there morosely. I closed my eyes, breathing in the corse air into my lungs. Taking the lead in the conversation I continued.

"She died on our birthday, three years ago." And the story began.

"What do you mean... O-our..." He choked.

I swallowed. "We were twins."

"Maria and I were a lot like you, same face, same hair, same interests, and almost impossible to tell the difference of." I laughed. "That's kinda why I can tell you two apart. Anyways, she was sick for a while, her heart was really weak. That how she died, I was lucky. Maybe if I was born just 7 more minutes... I could, I could have been the one to suffer."

"Don't say that!" Hikaru held my shoulders roughly. "I damn as hell sure she would do anything in her power to keep the way it was, she probably loved you as much as you loved her."

"I know, I know, I just... I miss her. Not to mention we had to move back here."

"Move back?" Hikaru was practically sobbing.

I nodded. "My family and I would visit here a lot during the summer, which I too you before. But the only reason we moved here was because my grandfather died an we took over his estate. I think the real reason was to get us out of our house. It reminded me so much of her."

We sat there, I felt better. A lot better. Even though I would have to tell the story again to our group of friends, I didn't care. It felt great to feel like you weren't holding back anything.

Hikaru stiffened. "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" His composure seemed off.

"What do you mean?" I half laughed.

"I mean, I'm not trying to sound rude, but don't you think a lot of drama could have been stopped? No offense.."

I felt offended. He was 100% true with his statement, but was he kidding? She died only three years ago. Most people don't get over a death that easily in the short amount of time. And to think I started in Ouran less than a year ago. So if I told everyone on the first day, that would be two years. Two years.

I scrunched my face and narrowed my brows. "Are you kidding?" I spat.

Hikaru and I got off the floor at the same time. Every breath that was passed as we stood up made me want to chock him even more.

"Did you just tell me that my sister's death and my pain could have just... Went away!?"

"No, I never said that, I mean after we have all been through.. Why was it such a big deal to tell me?"

It felt like someone just uppercut me in the kidney. It physically an mentally hurt, did he have no idea what his words did to me? No, no one did.

"A big deal? A big deal is failing a class and not wanting your parents to find out. A big deal is breaking your moms fancy china. This, my friend, is not a big fucking deal. This is a story, a heart breaking tragedy, a thriller where you fin out the protagonist is the killer, this is real life. Not some silly mistake you get a scolding for I a time out. Hikaru you just have no sympathy do you?!" I screamed.

"Maybe if you cared about people more than yourself then you would understand that you could learn to sir-press it and move on." Hikaru stepped to the front door and shouted through the door way.

"No one should ever move on or sir-press a death, they learn to cope and work with the sadness and live with it. They cherish the memories they had together and AXCEPT the death not FORGET it! And if you can't get that through your head, then-then I don't want to be with you!"

"We were never together! You said it yourself, you were using me all along! Leave me alone Tess Valentine!" He slammed the door shut in my face.

This wasn't how I thought this day would end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.... Umm... Tell me your feel? If you still like me that is.... Please don't kill me. Thank you! Bie!!! •w•