Chapter 8: Gift for Senpai

"Well, sucks to be you." Hikaru and us walked out into the pouring rain. Sadly, I left the mall empty handed and I couldn't find a single gift for Kyoya.

"Sorry you couldn't find a gift for your brother, Tess." Koaru patted my back.

I closed my eyes a breathed out. "Thanks, I'm going to walk home." I stated.

"But it's raining out." Haruhi grabbed my upper arm. "Just get in the car with us, I'm sure they wouldn't mind driving you home.

I shook my head. "No it's OK, I just need to clear my head." I told them.

They had worried expressions on their faces. "Get home safe." Hikaru nodded gettng behind his brother.

"Bye, text me." Haruhi hugged me and went into the car. I waved as the car pulled out of parking lot into the murky road to be dissaped into the fog.

I scuffed my shoe on the paved side walk and began to walk home. The rain fell down hard and fast as soon as I passed the overhanging roof. Thankfully I had a umbrella. The streets were lined with lamp posts every few feet along with cars' wheels splashing in wet puddles. It was a sad day.

"I still can't believe I didn't manage to get Kyoya a present." I muttered to myself. "Haruhi got something." But I just couldn't chip in or get the same thing, that's not me. I let out a breathe I had been holding in. I passed the busy streets and cut across to a more remote road. You could still hear the cars passing but not as many.

But who could honestly blame me. What would I get him? A new pen? Maybe a little black book, or even a white one this time? Fruit scented erasers? I'm sure he's the type to be thankful for any gift you gave him, whether he was lying or not. Fixing my bag's strap I heard a faint noise. It was weird, inhuman, but defiantly made me question its whereabouts.

"Hello?" Ghostly puffs of smoke rose from my mouth. Then, I heard it again, it was the sound of an animal.

I continued my walk home until I spotted a toppled over cardboard box on the side of the road. I had been down this road plenty of times and never had I once seen trash or boxes for that matter scattered on the side of the road. I made my way over to the box, getting closer ans closer to the animal noise. I fixed my bag again to the higher part of my collar bone so I could have a free hand. I flipped open the ripped plastic tape that had previously been removed by another. I pulled up the top flap of the box making my way to the bottom. Low and behold there was two kittens shaking in the corner of the box pleading with evey shaky meow that would escape their mouths.

I put my hand inside finding the wet blanket underneath them and putting my hand near them. The black one sniffed my hand and gently pressed it's face against my palms. The white one joined it and them were so adorable. I put my umbrella over the box, putting the handle on the dirt so I could used both arms. I looked inside my bag and found a bottled water that was half filled, and a slim jim.

The rain beat down harshly on my back as squatted down. No wonder they were freezing the air was so cold. I rapped my coat tighter around my body, putting my phone quickly in my pant's pocket not my coats. Tipping some water into the cap from the bottle that kittens licked it quickly. I petted the tops of their head as they chewed the small pieces of the slim jim in my hand.

After they hungrily finished the quick meal I gently lifted the white one off the ground, It's breathing quickened and the black one hissed at me. I softened my eyes at the protectiveness of the other. Putting my hand out to the black one who sat confidently under the umbrella, sniffed my fingers again. He slightly licked my index finger and rubbed his face along the tips of my exposed fingers. I lifted the black one next and put them in my hands at the top of my chest. They were so helpless and lonely I need to help them.

I unbuttoned my top button off my coat and placed the white one in my shirt first. It made itself comfortable, finding itself a seat in between my breasts. I chuckled as it curled up in its wet fur. I held the black one and it sat next to the white one under my coat. Rushing to stay dry (as much as I could), I took the umbrella off the ground making hast to get home.

~

"I'm home!" I called as I slammed the wooden door shut.

"Hello, Princess." My dad walked in with a blanket and hot chocolate. "Why are you soaked? I thought you brought an umbrella?"

"Oh Sweetie, let me get your coat." My mother rushed down the stairs frantically.

"No!" I pulled myself back.

My parents exchanged looks and gave me a questioning look. I folded up my umbrella and put it in the box next to the door. Reaching into my coat I pulled out the two kittens to show my parents.

"They were abandoned by the street, freezing and cold. I just had to." i persisted before either could even make out a word.

"Oh Honey." My mom just shook her head with a big smile on her face.

"I was hoping we could keep one."

"Just one?" My dad took the black one in his hand, while my mom took the white one. He handed me the blanket after I took off the coat and hung it up.

"Thanks." I rapped it around my shoulders, letting it hand loosely down my body. "Well you see, it's my friend's birthday tomorrow so..." I let them figure out the rest. I took back the kittens and pulled them into the blanket for warmth.

"If that's what you want." My dad nodded. "Which one do you want, Princess?" My dad ruffled my wet hair with his hand as we all walked into the living room.

I sat down, crossing my legs under me and making a small bed for the kittens with the open space in between my legs. They patted down and curled up together.

"I want the white one, I've always like plain white cats. Plus, something tells me that Kyoya likes black cats." I stroked their damp fur.

"I will go out and get some cat food and treats, can you handle them together for one night?" My mom took her purse and pulled off her coat from the hooks on the wall.

"Of course, I'll be in my room." I took the hot chocolate off the end table where my dad had put it, along with the bundle of kittens.

"Ok then, have fun." My dad patted my back as I rushed upstairs.

~

I was woken up the next morning by some pesky kittens pawing at my face and then meowing in my ear like crazy.

"Mmm, What?" I rubbed my eyes and yawning as an attempt to wake myself up. I stretched and pushed all the blankets off myself.

More meowing and purring rubbed all around my legs, scaring the shit out of my in the process.

"Oh god I forgot you were still here." I breathed holding onto my heart. The cats sat patiently around my feet just staring at me. "What?" I hissed. "Oh...food."

I took a quick shower and dressed for school, then stumbled down the stairs as quickly as possible to get Kyoya's 'gift' ready with breakfast.

"Here eat all the food!" I threw cat food into two bowls, getting little bits all over the floor making a mess. After washing my hands, I check the clock. i was going to be late if I didn't make it out the door in less then 10 minutes. How long did I sleep for?!

"Crap!" I muttered under my breath, realizing i had zero time for breakfast for myself. Aside from that problem, i had an even bigger one. How does one bring a cat to school? i couldn't just invite Kyoya ALL the way to my house for his gift, that seemed rude. Especially since it WAS his birthday in the first place. "Well you're coming with me then. Mimi make sure to walk the....cat!" I screamed as I pulled the black cat from it's bowl and grabbing my bag off the island in the kitchen. School was going to be just purrrrrfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Look at me and my cat-tastic puns, oh god I need to stop. ANYWAYS, soooo thanks to my dear friend Emily, she came up with the brilliant idea of giving Kyoya a kitten. So credit goes to her and her smart ideas. On the topic of thanking I want to thank you all for reading again, and keeping up with the story and such. Also, please leave a comment about what you think or what you would like to see in the next chapter. (BTW Em, your character will come in soo, sorry for zero character at all) IM LAZYYYYY! But so yeah, thank yeah and BIEEEEE!!!!!!