9 • Ice Cream Sundae • 9

Third Person's POV

It was Monday morning and both schools were gathered in the field to hear the announcement of the next battle, it was Barnhill Academy's choice this time.

Doyoung had been given permission to choose as Jaehyun felt bad for losing the basketball match and being friendly with Yunji High.

'So everyone, the second official battle of this year will be a cooking competition! There will be five pairs consisting of one lead student from Barnhill and one from Yunji. The pair will battle together and Mr Lee and Ms Denny will choose the best dish out of each pair, the school with the most wins, wins the battle.'

'What?! Mr Lee and Ms Denny are obviously going to choose you guys over us, regardless of what your dishes taste like. Make them wear blindfolds.' Ten protested.

Doyoung sighed, 'fine, they will wear blindfolds. Okay, I will read out the pairings.'

'We don't get to choose our own?! Who chose these.' Taeyong whined.

'I chose them, Taeyong.' Doyoung's eyes burned into Taeyong's. His eyes were full of hatred and jealousy.

'Jaehyun will be with Ten, Kun will be with Yuta, Johnny will be with Hansol, I will be with Taeyong and Taeil will be with Mark.' Doyoung announced.

Taeyong sighed, he didn't want to battle against Doyoung. He chose the battle so he'll probably be good at cooking and he just didn't really like Doyoung.

'The pair have to decide which dish to cook, you'll be doing the same one but it's a matter of whose is better. You can put your own twist on it but it has to be the same dish. The competition is on Wednesday, so start preparing. Jaehyun and Ten, you'll be making a starter. Kun and Yuta, you'll be making the main course. Johnny and Hansol, you'll be making dessert. Taeyong, we are also making a main course and Taeil and Mark are making another dessert.' Doyoung finished explaining, 'okay, you're all dismissed now, have a good day.' He ended quite flatly and everyone dispersed.

'Jae! What are you thinking about for the starter?' Ten beamed and rested his hand on Jaehyun's shoulder.

'Maybe spicy rice cakes? Does that sound good?' Jaehyun replied, smiling back.

'Yeah! I love spicy rice cakes oh my god. I know you're gonna win because I can't cook but it will be fun cooking next to each other.'

By this time the other boys were gathered with them.

'Kun, Yuta.' Doyoung spoke, 'what are you thinking for the main?'

'Uhhhh...ramen? But not like instant ramen of course, like with proper grilled chicken or something like that on top.' Yuta suggested.

'That sounds good..I'm not that good with Korean cooking but ramen shouldn't be too challenging.' Kun agreed.

'Johnny, Hansol?'

'We already discussed it, we're gonna make hot gooey brownies.' Johnny smiled because he knew Doyoung like them.

'My favourite! You better give me some.' Doyoung laughed and Johnny felt that he was a bit more relaxed today.

'Taeil, Mark?' Doyoung called but they were lost in a conversation and both suddenly burst out laughing.

'TAEIL.' Doyoung poked his side.