~Chapter 20~

~Vylad's POV~

I was still tied to the bloodied chains in this Hell. I was gasping for air at this point. I saw a shadow move across the room.

It was him.

"W-what do you want?" I managed to get out.

"I am here to give you your daily dose."

I screamed, but not much came out. My throat was severely dry. Every 12 hours, they would give you a 'dose.' At least that's what they called you.

The 'dose' is a drug that drives people into insanity. It makes there demons come back and destroys there mins to the point, where they have no emotion. Their eyes are a void of nothingness, being controlled by their leader. At that point, they don't even realize that they are insane.

The King of the shadows has complete control over them.

But I have managed to not go insane.

Now you may be wondering, how on Earth did you manage to do that?

Well I would tell you, but I don't know how I managed to keep my sanity myself. I have been beaten, (mentally and physically) but I just never gave up.

He walked towards me with a smile that can scare any man.

But it didn't affect me. Somehow, I am immune to his actions. He gets closer and closer to me, but I'm not afraid. I am quickly making a plan inside of my head.

I want to escape, and this is the perfect opportunity.

When he comes over to me, I will pretend that I am terrified of him. I will act defenseless.

Then I will surprise him.

I sigh as I go limp. I am pretending to have given up. My dirty, dark brown locks are resting on my head, and my now dark green eyes are closed. I am waiting until he reaches for my arm.

He slowly reaches for my limp arm, and that's when I act out my plan. I kick him.

Hard.

He steps back, dropping the keys to my chains. He is enraged now, and comes back to me, with no good intentions.

When he gets near me I knee him, (with my good knee) hard in his face. He backs up, and falls on the ground in a sitting position. I see the keys in legs reach. I use my right leg to grab them. Before he has a chance to get to me, I have already unlocked my chains. My wrists are purple, but it feels good to be free. But I'm not done here yet. He stands up, and his eyes are glowing red.

Instead of his usual steel armor, he had a dark red body suit with black edges. His armor his glowing a slight red, and he turned a little paler. His eyes are a pool of nothingness. He looks like he is going to murder me.

I quickly scan around the room, to see if there are any weapons I can use. I see that the exit out of the room is open for me to escape.

He steps closer to me with a murderous glint in his eyes. I sprint over to the exit.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING?" He booms over to me. I give him a sly grin in response.

He starts to growl, as he rushes over to me. But sadly for him, it's too late. I have already barricaded the door with extra netherrack I found next to the door. I quickly ran over to the dirtied stair case to escape.

That is before I heard someone scream.

I looked over my shoulder, and I saw that there was another room next to mine. I started to walk over there, but I suddenly felt nauseous. I put my hand on the netherrack wall, and I started to breathe heavily.

I guess I forgot I had wounds.

I need to keep going. Whoever is in there, is going through the same thing I am. They not be as lucky as me.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. I have lost so much blood, but I will refuse to run away.

I start to walk over to the room. When I finally open my eyes, I am right next to the door. I have to stay hidden, or I might get caught and be in those horrible chains again. I peek in from the corner of the wall. I see another Shadow Knight, walking over to a red haired man. His pupils in his eyes, are small as they can be, and it looks like he is staring at death right in the face.

Which he is.

I start to slowly walk to the back of the room. The ginger looks at me with a surprised look. I put my finger on my lips, and I continue. He looks back at the Shadow Knight with fear. I start to walk a little faster behind the Knight. I was surprised that he haven't noticed me yet.

When he is right next to the ginger, I grab him and put him in a headlock. He yells, but I cut off his air supply. His face turns a light shade of purple, and he passes out. I look in his pockets, and I see the rusty keys. I grab them and I face towards the guy I am saving. He looks at me with such joy, but he is crying.

"T-thank you so much..."

"Shh. Don't waste your breath. W-we need to l-leave."

I unlock his chains with the recently equipped keys. He fell onto the ground. He looks up at me, and he stood up. We put our arms around each other, and we escaped out of Hell.

Dang! Almost 1,000 words! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

~Kawaii