~Chapter 19~

Warning, this chapter is going to contain blood. If you don't like blood, you might not like this chapter. Just a warning. Happy reading!

~Vylad's POV~

I was tied to cold, metal, blood stained chains. My sword arm has been cut from my elbow to my wrist. The cut has been opened again and again, to the point where the blood has been left brown. My hands, have cuts all over the palms. The cuts are a symbol of my fighting. They were slowly dripping blood. It hurts when I try to move my bloodied fingers. My other arm, has the dirtied blood of my past. There was a streak of blood going from the socket of my arm, to the crease of my elbow. My hand was shaking. My eye had a dark purple ring around it. It looks like I have been punched there 5 times. My bottom lip has been cut half, and the blood was dripping down to my chin. My knee has a gash from the top of my knee going to the bottom. The blood was half way dry by now, but that doesn't mean it has been healed.

My other leg with the intact knee, has small cuts all over it. The brownish blood has been mixed in with each other so much, that you can't distinguish the cuts from one another.

The bottoms of my feet have scratches. They are almost black from all of the running I have been doing. My shoes had gotten so worn up earlier, that I had to abandon them.

I am currently shirtless, and my chest has bruises that I have gotten from them. My body was hanging helplessly tied to the wall. My eyes were closed with dried tears on my cheeks, refusing to see any more pain. I was still alive.

I don't know how.

Maybe it's my determination not to die in the hands of them.

Maybe it's because of the people I had back at home.

Or, maybe I'm fighting for nothing.

Maybe, I'm fighting just for the sake of my pride.

Maybe, I just die. Maybe, I'm not actually fighting for anything.

Or, I am just crazy.

That's a reasonable option. I have been beaten, mentally and physically for a while now. I have been hanging on for my life.

What is my motivation? What am I staying alive for? Everything home is destroyed. Everything there has been ruined.

Everything there, was caused by me.

I couldn't help but feel, like I caused this.

I can't, help but feel like I'm useless.

That's also reasonable.

I have been doing nothing to help retaliate against my once loved brother. I have done nothing, to help my brother come back to sanity.

Because I was scared.

Because I was scared, that I was going to be hurt while in battle?

But what was I really so afraid of? Afraid of me dying, when living is pointless when my brother is in charge? Afraid that my family is going to be scared, when they were already terrified? Scared of what my dad would do to me?

That is a sin.

That is to be frowned upon.

That, is the actions of someone, who doesn't really care.

But what's the difference of me and someone who doesn't care? The difference of someone who won't mind if my own home gets corrupt? Someone who can't love?

I don't even know myself.

I am a Shadow Knight now, if I like it or not.

And I can't change that.