1 year anniversary special part 5

Start from the beginning

It was huge up close. Fluttershy pushed down any fear she had. It was just a giant cat with wings, she told herself.

"Here goes nothing", she whispered.
-------------------------------

Applejack smiled, her arms crossed.

"Ah'll never know how ya do that".

Fluttershy smiled. She looked at the Manticore who was sitting right beside her. She gently stroked its fur.

"Good boy", she said.

She looked at her friends.

"I'll stay out here with him. I'll come in and warn you if someone's coming".

"You sure??", Applejack asked.

Fluttershy nodded. "Yeah. I'm sure".

"I'll stay with Fluttershy", Spike said. "Just in case she needs an extra person".

"Alright Spike", Twilight said. "You two stay here and keep quiet".

Twilight looked at Applejack, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie. The four went through the gate and down the path.

Soon enough they got to a broken down, old castle.

The five stopped and looked at it.

"Here we are", Twilight said.

The women looked around. It was quiet. Too quiet.

Applejack looked up suddenly. She gasped.

"Get down!!".

She pulled the girls down. Seconds later something swooped over their heads.

"What was that??!!", Rarity asked.

They looked up and gasped. Two griffons soared above. The women got to their feet. They stared up with wide eyes at the griffons.

"Go", Twilight said, looking at Pinkie and Applejack. "Rarity and I will handle these guys".

She made two swords appear. She held them out to them.

"Take these just in case".

Applejack and Pinkie grabbed the swords and examined them.

"Nice", Applejack said.

"We'll catch up with you after we handle these monsters", Rarity said. "Now go".

Applejack and Pinkie ran towards the castle. Once they were in the safety of the doorway, they looked back to see Twilight and Rarity using their magic against the griffons.

Applejack looked at Pinkie.

"C'mon", she said. "Let's go find Rainbow".
------------------

The halls were kinda dark. It was freezing cold. Pinkie and Applejack walked silently through the broken down castle.

Applejack felt the cold snow and wind rush in from the crumbled and broken parts of the walls. She rubbed her arms.

"Hey", Pinkie said.

Applejack looked at her. Pinkie walked over to a door. She peeked in, looking around..

"I think this is the dungeon", she said quietly. "I see cells inside".

She looked at Applejack. Applejack walked over to her.

Applejack nodded. "Ah'll go in there and take a look".

Applejack pulled on the handle of the door. It budged.

"It's unlocked", she said. "Pinkie. Help me".

The two women put down their swords and gripped the handle. They pulled the door open. Applejack picked up her sword. She peeked inside. She took a few steps in. She looked back at Pinkie Pie.

"Stay here", said said. "Warn me if anyone is comin".

Pinkie nodded. Applejack went on down the stone hallway. It was dark and it got colder as she went further in. There were jail cells so she knew it was a dungeon. She remembered Crystal telling her that she was keeping Rainbow in the dungeon.

She had to be in here somewhere.

Applejack gripped her swird, prepared to fight anything that came out at her. Applejack passed the cells. She still hadn't found Rainbow Dash. She was sure she'd be locked up in a cell. It made sense since it's a dungeon.

Applejack continued on. She came down to a separate section of the dungeon. She upon some steps that descended down.

She looked back, starting to hesitate. Then she remembered Rainbow. She needed her.

Applejack started doing down the steps without a second thought. It seemed to get unbelievably cold. Applejack pulled down her sleeves. She exhaled. A large cloud of fog left her mouth. Applejack pursed her lips together to keep them somewhat warm.

Applejack came down to the bottom. She suddenly saw a light. She followed it to a room. She looked at the light source. A torch on the wall. Figured. It was a castle dungeon after all.

Applejack looked around the partially lit room. The torch only gave so much light and no heat at all to the stone room. Immediately something caught her eye. She gasped, her tense stance falling.

She couldn't believe it. Relief, anxiety, joy, dread and shock washed over her like a raging storm of emotions. Applejack exhaled and smiled tiredly.

"Rainbow".

Yay!! Rainbow is finally found :) so let me know what you think and blah blah. I'll update as soon as possible