9

you're friend sure is strong, touko!

-

"He got over 700 meters?"

"Finally, a hero like record!"

"His finger's swollen! The was an entrance exam too. He has a strange quirk..."

"It's not very stylish."

Everyone started mumbling, but then there was Katsuki. Staring and shaking at shock by how Izuku threw the baseball into the air. His mouth was agape from shock, as Touko looked at him confusingly, wanted to laugh at his expression. Everyone froze, seeing Katsuki running towards Izuku as small explosions came from his hands. "Hey! Tell me what's going on, Deku, you bastard!" Katsuki stopped, suddenly grabbed by Aizawa's scarf. "What the--? These cloths are hard..!" He said, struggling against the fabric as Touko let out a sigh of relief. "They're weapons made out of carbon fiber woven together with a metal wire made of a special alloy. Jeez... Don't make me keep using my quirk over and over again. I have dry eye!" Everyone leaned back in uneasiness and nervousness, sweat dropping at how Aizawa was acting. "We're wasting time. Go ahead and talk, I'll tell you your results when I get back." He said, and walked off without another word, leaving everyone to talk to each other, waiting for Aizawa to return.

After a few minutes of talking to one another, Aizawa returned, making the students huddle in front him. "Okay, I'll quickly tell you the results. The total is simply the marks you got from each test. It's a waste of time to explain verbally, so I'll show you the results all at once." Aizawa said, pressing a button, making a blue hologram appear in front of everyone.

Touko stood next to Izuku, shaking with nervousness and worry, fearing he would get expelled. It was a very high chance he would get in last place, but there was nothing wrong to hope that he doesn't get expelled at least.

She folded her hands right over her mouth, seeing that she was in fourteenth place. Her heart dropped, seeing that Izuku was in last place. She took in a deep breath and looked over at her friend. Izuku was currently looking down at his clenched fist, making it unable to see if he was crying or not. "Izuku-"

"By the way, I was lying about the expulsion," Aizawa said, making everyone freeze in shock. "It was a rational deception to draw out the upper limits of your quirks."

"WHAT?!"

Touko let out a huge sigh of relief and felt like falling, feeling lucky that her friend didn't get expelled. "With that, we're done here. There are handouts with the curriculum and such in the classroom. So when you get back, look over them." Aizawa said, and walked over to where Izuku stood. "Midoriya. Have the old lady fix you in the nurse's office. Tomorrow will be packed with even more rigorous tests. Prepare yourself." He said, handing Izuku a piece of paper and walked off.

-

"I'm so tired..."

Izuku said, walking next to Touko as the two exited school and walked home. They were both lucky today since Aizawa was just lying about the last person being expelled, or Izuku for that matter. "Jeez, my hands hurt." Izuku mumbled, rubbing her hands together as gloves occupied them, their cool insulation helping the pain.

The two stopped walking, seeing that Iida has placed a hand on Izuku's shoulder. "Iida!" Izuku said nervously, as Touko just watched the two chat. "Is your finger healed?" He asked, making Izuku give off a closed eye smile as he held up his hand. "Yeah, thanks to recovery girl." The two started walking again, with Iida following beside them. "I was really taken in by Mr. Aizawa. I even thought, 'This is the best of the best' and such. I didn't think a teacher would encourage us with a lie." Iida said, crossing his arms and closed his eyes as they walked.