5

good luck, touko!

-

"You are worthy to inherit my power."

All Might said as Izuku and Touko looked at him, with odd expressions.

"Inherit, your power?" Izuku said, and All Might laughed. "What's with that face? It's just a suggestion. The real show starts after this." All Might said, taking two steps closer towards us. "Listen, young man. You need to decide whether or not you will accept my power!" He pointed his fingers towards the both of them, blood spurting out of his mouth.

"I'm talking about my power, young man. The tabloids called it "human strength" and a "boost," and I currently dodged the question with interviews with a funny joke. Because the symbol of peace, All Might, had to be a natural-born hero. But I will tell you the truth." All Might said, raising his arms and spreading them by his sides. "My quirk has been passed down to me like a sacred torch." All Might said, shocking both of them.

"It was passed on to you...?" Izuku questioned, as Touko had a plastered, tired look on her face as she stared at All Might. "That's right, and next, it is your turn." All Might said.

"W-Wait! Wait a minute! It's true that your quirk is something hotly debated as one of the world's greatest mysteries. So much that a day goes by where we don't see a day go by without seeing someone talking about it online..."

"But, well, I don't really understand what you mean by inheriting or passing on a quirk... I've never heard of anything like that before, and it's never been conjured in the debate. Why is that? Is it because since the dawn of history, a quirk like that was never confirmed? In the first place, its.." Izuku mumbled to himself, making Izuku sigh and rub the back of her head.

"You always start with denial, huh? Nonsense!" All Might said, making Izuku look up from the ground. "Wh...?!"

"I may hide a lot of things, but I don't lie! The power to transfer power... that is the quirk I inherited! I was crowned with "One For All"!"

Wha?

"One For All..." Izuku mumbled as the two stared up at All Might in wonder. "That's right. One person cultivates the power and passes it on to another person, who also cultivates it and passes it on. it is the crystallization of power that spins together the voices who need help with a courageous heart." All Might said, clenching his fist.

"Why are you... why are you giving me something so great?" Izuku said as Touko started to stand back up. "I have been looking for a successor. And then, I thought it would be all right for you to inherit it. You are just a quirkless fanboy, but you two were more heroic than anyone else back there!" All Might said, making Izuku tear up.

"Never mind! Well, it's up to you, though. What'll you do?" All Might asked, patted his head. Touko looked down at Izuku, who was currently looking down, clenching his fist, thinking of what to say. All the sudden, he looked up, rubbing his eyes with his black sleeve and stood up next to Touko.

'Say yes, say yes...' Touko thought frantically, shifting in her places as she glanced at Izuku and All Might.

"I'll do it!" Izuku said, making Touko laugh to herself in enjoyment. Izuku would finally have a quirk, and that thought just made her smile.

"An immediate reply. That's what I thought you'd say!"

-

"Hey hey hey! This is such a comfy fridge to sit on!" All Might said, as Izuku tried to pull the fridge with ropes, but ended up falling on the ground. Touko sighed at the sight, sitting on the ground as a bucket of water laid in front of her, her gloves right beside it as her hands laid in the ice cold water.