4

...

-

"Why did mom leave?"

A 13 year old child said, huddled up in blankets at the corner of the red couch, looking at her father who was currently watching television with her. He looked at her with a shocked expression, but then it faded. It wasn't like her mom died or anything, she just left at three in the morning, not leaving a note or anything. The two didn't even file a report to the police.

"I told you before, Touko. Neither of us know about this. She just left and didn't tell us anything about it. Can you drop the topic?" The father looked at her daughter with a soft smile, receiving a grumble from her and stuffing half of her face in the extremely soft blanket, making sure that she can see the television. The two remained quiet, not talking to each other for the next hour they stayed on the couch.

It's been a year ever since Touko's mother left without a trace. The mother had been acting strange, but the two didn't bother her about it though. They should have. If they did, she might not have left in the first place, or maybe she would have, who knows.

It might have something to do with the fact that her mom would leave at different times at night to hang out with some friends. She would always leave her phone behind when she left, and she left it behind when she 'disappeared'. The husband kept it in a hidden spot in his closet, a place where only Touko knew, and nobody else. Because of this, they weren't able to track her mother down, and find her.

But maybe it was best if they didn't look for her.

Or find her.

"I'm going to bed." Touko said as she dragged the blanket she was draped around with to her room, tiredly walking towards her bedroom door.

"Alright! See you in the morning."

Touko nodded to her father and entered the room, shutting the door and threw herself on her bed, cuddling into a cocoon, her short hair getting messy in the process. In her opinion, she liked it this way, without her mother. The father and daughter haven't talked to each other as much like they used to, though.

Maybe it was better this way...

-

Touko's body started to wake up, not feeling the blanket's warmth anymore. Instead, she could feel herself hugging the pillow that her head previously laid on. Strange.

She opened her eyes, adjusting to the sunlight that was pouring out of her window. Touko breathed in, smelling cinnamon, making her faintly smile and sit up in her bed. Her room always smelled like cinnamon somehow, and it become her favorite scent once she got used to it. She got up from her bed and walked out the bedroom and towards the kitchen, wanting some breakfast in her stomach. 

"Morning, dad." Touko said as she looked in the pantry, and grabbed a box of oreos. It will have to do. "Dad?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and looked around the living room and kitchen, not finding him there. He always responded. 

Touko opened the bag of oreos and ate one, while walking into her father's bedroom. "Dad!" She yelled, looking around his bedroom. Okay, now she started to freak out.

"Shit!" Touko yelled, looking around the room, looking for any note.

Great, now her father was gone too.

"Alright! See you in the morning." 

Liar.

Touko spotted a napkin with green marker writing on it that was on his bed. She walked towards it, hurriedly grabbing it and reading it. It was an address and a phone number? Was she supposed to go here? Her hands shook, not knowing what to do. "Damn it." She muttered, walking to her room. It would be one of those cliche moments, where you would pack up your things and runaway towards somewhere. And she was going to do just that.

-

Touko was already walking outside, a hoodie on, along with carrying her green backpack. "Where the hell is this place." She muttered, looking down at the napkin, and then back up at the sidewalk, trying to find the correct house, not wanting to miss it.

"Why did he leave me too, did he suddenly join what mom was doing or something? No, that's not possible. He's too... different." Touko mumbled and stopped in her tracks, gripping onto the napkin, almost ripping it.

He must've died.

Something could have happened to him, oh god.

Tears formed in her eyes but she ignored them, and started to continue ahead towards the house address that was on the napkin. Touko didn't bother to call the person anyway, she would just explain her situation, that's all. After a few minutes of looking around and walking, a smile grew on her face as she ran up to a door.

This was the address, finally.

She knocked loudly three times on the door, taking her hood down, welcoming the cold weather. Footsteps could be heard and she saw a woman with green hair open the door. 

"May I help you?"

-

i'm sorry, touko.

((a/n: heyy! would you guys possibly like a boku no hero academia x reader story where you are a [angsty+badass] villain? also, there will be a part two to this in one of the future chapters! ))