~Chapter Forty-Two~

A/N: hi cherubs brit k is back mwah mwah, just a quick note to say this is a double update as I haven't wrote since 900BC and at least now usa k can be happy with me again - although she's at the beach this week having a good time and shit, so jealous of the little hoe  ANYWAY enjoy the updates and I'll probs see u in another 10 years as I usually take ages when it's my turn to update lmao lol enjoy x x x
_____________________________

Katie's P.O.V.

"Wait, I don't get it." Harry states, huffing slightly. "Seriously, she's all like 'I'll never let go Jack!' two seconds later she's all like 'ha, bye Felicia'. Damn, girl, see where your loyalties lie."

"She didn't mean literally!" I replied, my eyes concentrating upon the tv screen whilst my head rested upon his shirtless chest. "Then what the hell did she mean? Since, to me, it looked like she completely contradicted herself." The curly haired lad responded in a smug like attitude, referring to the scene of Titanic that was playing.

For once, Harry and I finally managed, for the first time in ages, to have some time together. Alone and stress free, nobody to pester us, as well as allowing us to just not think about the dreadful case that's been on our minds for weeks. It's nice to be able to chill, be lazy, eat a shit ton of junk food and just spend time together alone; as a couple.

"Have you not been paying attention! Rose meant she wouldn't let go of the promise she made to him, she didn't mean holding him!" I exclaimed, lifting my head off his chest to look at him. Harry quirks an eyebrow, an expression of confusion swiping across his face. My lips let out a small sigh, as they attempt to fight the growing smile. "When he said the whole, 'promise me that you'll survive and not give up, whatever happens. No matter how hopeless, promise me now and never let go of that promise.'" I state, quoting the line from the movie. Harry stares blankly, still looking slightly confused until a light smirk forms on his features.

"As if you know the exact quote." He blurts out, puffing out a deep chuckle. I nodded my head proudly in response, the smile now evident on my lips. "That actually makes more sense to be fair... but still! Plus, there was definitely enough room on that bit of wood for the both of them! Rose just hogged all the room." He continued, whilst he gestured his hands towards the television screen.

"Shut up, Harry." I simply said, "Nothing you can say can ruin this film. It's one of my favourites and shall forever be." I laughed, rolling my eyes playfully before my head rested back onto his chest. "You know I'm right, Kat." He shrugged, a smile still lingering on his lips. His large arm snaked around my smaller frame, his hand lay under my shirt; his thumb massaging the smooth skin of my lower stomach slowly.

"You know," he started, his emerald eyes darting down towards me. "We're like titanic." He said, causing me to narrow my eyebrows. "What? You trying to say that we're a disaster?" I questioned, a nervous laugh escaping out my mouth. He shook his head rapidly. "No, no, no. I mean because I'm like the iceberg because you always go down on me." He chuckled, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"You're a cheeky bastard. I don't see you complaining though." I teased, my hand tracing little shapes across his bare torso. "No, never." He replied. "But on a serious note, promise not to let go? Whatever happens? Within the case or not." He added on, his voice faint. I looked up at him, a wide grin displaying on my face. "Pinky promise." I lifted my pinky up, locking it with his. With that, he pressed his lips against mine.

"Who knew you were such a cheesy romantic, who likes to steal promise lines from movies?" I joked, scrunching my nose up at him. He rolled his eyes, flipping us over in position so that he was now hovering above me. "Problem with that?" He arched up an eyebrow, as he gazed down back at him.

"Actually, yes."

"Oh, in that case, would you like to borrow my phone?"

"Your phone? Why?"

"To call somebody who's bothered." He smirked, obviously proud of his witty, sardonic comment.

"Hilarious. Really." I replied, shaking my head towards him. "You love it, now, just shut the hell up and kiss me."

Seconds later, I found his lips crushing back onto mine as he remained hovered over my smaller frame. He propped himself upwards with one arm, as the other held a tight grip onto my side. His tongue began to trace over my lower lip, before it finally darted pass my lips, attaching itself and moving in sync with mine. The soft kiss, now becoming more heated and more needy. The hand he had placed on my side, moved to my thigh, allowing himself to separate my thigh from the other to enable him to situate himself between the two. He finally broke away from the kiss, his lips moving down to the exposed skin of my neck as he began nipping and sucking, leaving red little marks - thus earning a faint moan from me.

Until a loud vibrating noise arose, indicating his phone was ringing. An irritated groan followed from Harry's lips. "Every. Single. Fucking. Time." He muttered, annoyed. His long arms reached over to the bedside table, grabbing his phone and immediately hitting the answer button, not bothering to see the caller ID.

"Hello, hi. This important? I was just about to shag my gi-" He started, resulting in a light giggle from me. "Yeah, then people like you who call prevent that from happening!" I said in the background, causing a chuckle from Harry.

But his laughter immediately stopped, when the caller began speaking. "What, uh, no. No! Shag doesn't mean sex, God, I know you're old and all... but jeez, everyone knows that Shag means bag shopping. Like, shopping and bag, equals shag... The 'Sh' of shopping and 'ag' of bag. Get it? And no, that wasn't Katie either. Why would I be with Kat? That's so unprofessional. Sorry, sir. Yes." He pauses, I look straight at him as he proceeds the phone call, refraining myself from laughing at the shag comment.

His jaw suddenly drops and he jumped off of me, quickly slipping on his shirt whilst he pressed his phone to his ear with his shoulder. "Okay, yes. Give me 20 minutes, I'll be right there. See you." He hangs up, sliding his phone into his pocket. "Katie, get in your uniform, then we need to head to some warehouse, not far from here."

"What, why? What's happened? This was supposed to be our day off, that we've earned." I sighed, displeased.

"That was chief who called. There's been an incident, again. Wes and Drew have both been reported missing, but their whereabouts have been located through their last radio locations. Chief, Hanna and some other members of the force are meeting us there, they think it's in relation to the same person who's responsible for the other murders. We gotta get there. Asap. No fooling around, we can finally bust this sick bastard."