"Oh," he uttered thoughtfully. "Now why on earth didn't I think of that before?"

Devon sounded innocent but the layer of taunt beneath it didn't miss my ears. Argg, this boy! He had been playing around with me all this while. I fucking hated him so much!! U...hm, I actually don't...

"I...I want to let you know something," I said, this time looking straight into his eyes.

The very next second, Devon changed. Completely. Every hint of playfulness in his demeanor vanished as though it weren't there on the first place...His pupils grew heavy as he stared deeper into my hazel orbs. His body language grew intense and ardent as he began advancing towards me slowly with his long legs.

"What?" he asked, his voice bearing a dark sensual edge.

As expected, I turned speechless. Words froze against my throat as I stood gaping at him in a dazed manner. Soon enough Devon stood close, way too close to me. My uneven breaths intertwined with his untamed ones. I bit my lips to hold back a moan when his hands went around my waist and he plastered my soft frame against his hard one.

"What is it that you want to tell me?" he breathed hoarsely against my cheek making me gasp.

Damn I couldn't speak. Heck, it was harder even to hold on to my senses. I was so fucking lost in the coziness of his arms....

"I like the way you feel my muscles, Eleanor," he whispered, stroking my earlobe with his luscious lips making me breathless as hell...

I realized my hands were moving on his arms, like caressing. And I just knew he had that lopsided smile lingering on the edges of his lips knowing I had grown aware of that.

"I'm not feeling up your biceps!" I retorted, my voice came out so cracked. My breaths hitched further as I felt his fingers wander along my waist line...

"Liar, liar, Sanchez on fire," he whispered against my jawline, smirking.

"Don't say that," I snapped at him, my heart beats drumming in my ears as he kissed me on my neck...

A gasp suddenly fell out of my moaning mouth when he pushed me backwards and I was soon caged between the wall and him. His fiery eyes were hooded and dazed as he looked at me.

"Let's get to the point," he said ardently. "I want to hear your thoughts. Tell me what it is."

I was panting but still managed to speak clear enough. "I...I like you, Devon. I really, really do. I like the things that you do to me. I like the way you make me feel so high. And I just can't see you doing all of these with any other girl except me."

I said it.

I felt his pulses jump with every word I spoke. I felt my heart strings weaken seeing the intense passion in his dark flaming irises. And then, all of a sudden, Devon stepped away from me.

I watched in fright as he clenched his jaws hard while his expressions grew hostile. His eyes had turned cold and frosty and I soon found myself looking at two dark empty holes. In a matter of few moments, he came across as a complete stranger to me, someone I had never seen or known before and never even wanted to....

"W-What happened, Devon?" I asked, my heart sinking in terror.

"I don't like you anymore. I have no feelings left for you, Eleanor. You're not good enough for me and I had been blind to not see that. I've found someone else. I've already kissed her. So forget about me."

Pain shot through my chest smothering my breaths. I felt life slipping out of my fingers hearing that.

"N-No, Devon....don't—don't say that...I-I can't live without you....give me a chance...I can make you happy!!"

"You can't, Eleanor. She can. You mean nothing to me. You deserve to be alone. I don't want to see your face ever again."

"NO! Devon, WAIT!!'

I screamed in midst of tears gushing down my face when he turned his back to me and started to walk away.

"No, Devon!! Don't go!! Don't leave me!! Please come back!! Please!!" I begged, running after him but no matter how fast I ran, I couldn't reach him. And soon Devon disappeared.

My eyes flew wide open as I sat straight with a jolt. I found myself in my room seated on a chair breathing heavily. My heart was pounding ruthlessly and I was shaking violently all over. No matter how hard I tried, I could calm myself down.

I hadn't even realized when I drifted off to sleep over my book while doing homework and now the pages were all soaked with my sweat and tears.

I somehow stood on my trembling feet and dragged my shivering exhausted body downstairs. It was evening. I was glad Gran wasn't at home to see me in this pathetic hapless condition. I opened the freezer with my fading strength and pulled out a box of Ferroro Rocher.

It was only when I felt the spherical chocolates melt in my mouth than I was beginning to get better.

Devon will never do that. I will no more let my fears make me weak. I don't deserve to be alone. I deserve to be happy. And happiness is not being lonely.

And moreover, Stef says I deserve to be happy. Whatever she says comes true. Like she said she was gonna defeat Josh in bowling and that's exactly what happened last weekend.

I didn't know where Devon was. He was neither at home nor in the neighborhood. I was getting impatient every passing second. I couldn't wait to confess my feelings to him. Hope he returned soon from wherever he was gone.

It was sunset when I walked out of the neighborhood park. I came across Stef and Adam who had been out on a date.

"Hey, how are you guys doing?" I greeted my favorite people with a wide smile.

The two exchanged anxious looks and I immediately got an inkling something was terribly wrong.

"What happened? Is everything okay?" I asked, all my senses on alert.

"The thing is..." Stef trailed off hesitantly, looking pale and distressed. Adam looked grim as well.

"What's the matter? Why don't you guys tell me?!!" I asked, dreading all the possible bad news that there could be.

Taking a deep breath, Adam spoke, "Devon got arrested sometime back."