Chapter 29.1.

I

 was stood by the window of my room that evening waiting for Devon to get home. My heart was banging against my chest at the thought of confessing my feelings to him.

I had no clue what, or rather, how I was gonna tell him. I didn't prepare any special lines or something to say to him because it was obvious I was gonna be driven speechless by his alluring gazes, husky voice and his seductive intimacy. Just hoping I don't act like a bimbo in front of him.

My heart missed a beat seeing his car pull up in their driveway. Next thing I saw was Devon walking inside his house through the front door.

I instinctively rushed out of my room, bounded down the staircase, then out of my house and finally I was stood right outside his door. I was gonna ring the doorbell but realized that the door was already ajar.

I pushed the door further apart and entered my neighbor's house. The house was dead quiet. No one seemed to be in the house except Devon who had just got back. And sure enough I saw him emerge out of one of the inner rooms. He was about to head upstairs but stopped seeing me, a look of surprise came over his face.

My heart skipped a loud beat when his exotic gazes fell upon me. And I couldn't help but notice that the first two buttons of his white shirt were not buttoned which gave a tempting view of his enticing chest and it gave rise to a desire in me to see his dishy hot torso that was veiled by the shirt over his blue jeans. I knew I was staring but I couldn't resist. He was so fucking hot!!

"There's no point in you keeping on gawking at me like that 'cause I don't have a cleavage like you do. Apologies for that," Devon ridiculed huskily.

I immediately averted my eyes off him. My cheeks were boiling out of embarrassment. I can't even explain the immense awkwardness I felt right then. Bloody Shit.

"I wasn't looking at you anyway," I said casually simply because I had to say something.

"Sure, how can I ever question the truthfulness of someone who is an epitome of honesty," he taunted, crossing his cozy arms across his chest. I even saw the lopsided smile on his lips. Argg!

"By the way," I drawled, turning to him, my eyes narrowing into slits. "The cleavage thing that you said was pretty much indecent, don't you think?"

"It was you who started it with your eyes. I ended it with my words," Devon countered instantly, a smirk flashing on his face.

Darn it!!

He was such a smartass. Darn it again!!

"So what brings you here?" he asked casually, giving a royal ignore to the scowl on my face. "I assume you've come to meet Jackson 'cause that's only why you come here ever. But Jackson's not at home right now. He is out playing."

"I--I didn't come for Jackson," I said, braving the nervousness in my voice. I looked everywhere but not at him.

"So you've come to meet Dad?" he asked again. "Apologies again, he hasn't returned home yet. I think he has a business conference till late night today."

"I'm not here for Mr. Parker either!" I denied. I was about to speak again--

"Then Cheryl?" asked Devon. "She is also not----oh wait, I forgot, nobody ever wishes to see her 'cause she's a filthy motherfucking bitch."

The extreme level of callousness in his voice made me flinch slightly. I thought it best to ignore that and move ahead.

"I've come to speak to you, Devon," I said, calming my breaths down.