Chapter 34.

Instagram: rashmita_b

The following day when I came face to face with Devon in school, he was wearing his famous poker face expression. I rolled my eyes.

"Hello to you too," he drawled.

"Did you speak to Jackson?" I asked solemnly, crossing my arms over my chest.

"No."

"Great," I said in a sarcastic tone. "And I'm not someone to stand and talk to a cold heart. So I should go."

I turned my back to him and started to walk away.

"Cold heart is a strong word!" he retorted, coming after me.

"Oh I'm sorry! Please excuse my inability to come up with a stronger word!" I shot back.

I could practically feel him rolling his eyes at my back. "Atleast I'm being honest with you! Isn't honest a base for a strong relationship?"

"So does that make the whole thing better?" I turned to face him grimly. "A kid is crying bad for you and you're pretending to be least bothered."

Devon was about to speak but I cut him off. "And don't even think of asking me out for a long drive again 'cause I'm gonna say a No."

I spun around and continued to walk away...

"Tonight 11 pm, you're gonna be sitting next to me in the car," he called out to me from behind.

I shook my head, rolled my eyes and left.

I really hoped he was kidding and that he had already spoken to Jackson.

Later in the day at school, I happened to spot Devon sitting in an isolated corner engrossed in talking on Skype on his ipad. With Jackson.

".....your mother is not around, is she?" Devon was asking.

And then the two brothers got talking. It was a really emotional one. My heart sank seeing Devon in so much pain yet trying to cheer up the kid. He missed Jackson being around and it broke him completely.

Once the call ended, I saw tears rolling down Devon's eyes as he hugged the ipad tight as though it were Jackson.

Devon didn't look the reckless, cheeky, blunt, seductive and mysterious that he was. Instead he came across as an extremely mild and sensitive teenage boy who looked upon his little step brother as more than even a real brother....

I quietly slipped away from there knowing that he would need sometime alone.

***

I shared my next class with Devon. But by the time he walked into the classroom, almost all the seats had been occupied. Our eyes met. And it was obvious he was back to being the Devon that he was. I felt the blood grow warm under my flesh when his pupils became heavy as he continued staring deeper into my orbs. I lowered my gazes feeling breathless.. When I looked up at his direction again, I saw a scowl itched on his handsome face seeing a guy sitting on the seat next to mine.

Devon was so jealous. I couldn't help but smile.

All the time while the teacher was teaching, Devon kept on staring at me. And his dark pupils were so dilated with passion that it made my heart throb insanely against my ribs. I couldn't concentrate in class 'cause the way he was looking at me, it made me feel very conscious...

And once the guy sitting alongside asked me something that he didn't understand and I got to explaining that out to him, through the corner of my eye I caught Devon become all grumpy and fidgety on his seat until I stopped speaking to the guy. If I weren't in the class, I would have laughed in amusement.

As I exited the classroom, I knew Devon was following me closely behind. My heart was beating mad and I bit my lips to stop myself from blushing. Gosh he makes me so crazy!

Once I got around the corner and there was no one in there, Devon caged me between the wall and him and crushed his lips onto mine knocking my breaths off with the very first stroke of his ardent tougue. His breaths were ragged as he groaned against my lips. I wanted to tone him down but his alluring tongue explored deeper into my mouth for a long, passionate and breathless kiss making me stifle my gasps of delight till the very end....

"I wish I could kiss you all day long Eleanor," he groaned against my jawline, causing ripples on my skin.

"Stop it, Devon," I said in a slight reprimanding tone.

I saw the edges of his lips curled into a sly smirk at that.

His hands slid down to my waist while mine automatically moved up his arms to rest on his shoulders.

"Don't stare at me so much the next time when we sit in the same class," I said, trying to not blush.

"Why not?" he asked. "You make me happy. Your simplicity makes me lose myself to you."

His voice was intense, his eyes solemn. I flushed.

"Blushing, aren't you?" he whispered huskily against my ear. "Come with me on a date tonight and I will make you blush even more sweetheart."

The way he said 'sweetheart' got my cheeks hot and burning. Gosh I was such a gone case!

"You need to stay quiet, Devon!" I punched him lightly on the chest.

"I'm serious!" he said. "You haven't seen much of us. You need to, Eleanor," his voice was dark and sensual which got me aroused...

It wasn't the right place if I stay with him here any longer, he will drive me insane!

"I need to get to my next class," I said, releasing myself from his possessive hold and trying not to sound shy.

I was walking away when I felt his firm grip around my wrist from behind. Devon tugged me backwards and I felt my back colliding against his hard frame sending waves of arousal down my spine.

His other hand circled around my waist from behind making me hold back a gasp. I squirmed feeling his hot breaths in my hair...

"I will wait for you tonight baby," he whispered in his baritone voice, placing a wet kiss behind my ear sending my heart into insane wildness...

"Actually," I spoke, turning to him, "Stef and I have already planned a sleepover tonight at her place."

"Tell her you will come some other day. Simple, " he shrugged.

"I can't do that Devon. Why don't we go for the drive tomorrow night?"

"Fine," he grunted. "And you expect me to be polite to your friends. How can I be good to them if they fuck my plans so bad?"

I giggled at his grumpy face. "On that note, I'm being nice to you because I know you've spoken to Jackson. And I proved my point that you were just pretending to not care about him."

Devon grew poker faced hearing that. "I didn't speak to Jackson. You must be day dreaming," he said quietly.

I rolled my eyes. Typical Devon!

***

Later that night, I packed my things in a small bag and left for Stef's. I had almost got to the lane of her house when I realized I had forgotten to carry a box of Ferrero Rocher chocolates for my friend. Thus I made my way back to my house. I had just taken a turn when I saw Devon going off somewhere in the opposite direction. I was hit by a strange vibe. Acting upon my instincts, I decided to follow him....