Chapter 27: Finally Together

I smiled and ran back into the crowd when everyone tried to make friends with each other. "Star! Good job! Your mother would be proud." Jayden smiles as he gives me a hug.

"And who was this guy that you fell in love with?" I heard a familiar voice ask from behind us. I turn around and saw that Travis was walking towards us with the others, his arm crossing against his chest, waiting for an answer. That's right, I confessed my feelings in front of everyone. I blushed and went nervous when Travis smirks. 😳

"No one." I said and when I tried to leave, Darold holds me back. "You ain't going no where girl."

I'm so flustered as I cover my face with my hands but turned back again anyways.

"Star." Aoi spoke out after giggling a bit with the other girls. "Thank you for being my friend even though all that had happened." She apologizes with a bow. "Hey, don't need to be so formal." I said as she gets back up. "Besides, you were the reason why I knew what to say about our pasts." Aoi smiles in response.

Then without me expecting it, she pushes me to Travis, making me tumble to his chest. I gasp with a blushing face but when I tried escaping, Travis puts his arm around me to keep me by his side. "Looks like our wish came true after all." He smirks.

"W-wish?" I asked. "I wished for us to end up together." He says and my face goes more red. 😳 "You're saying this in front of everyone!" But when I'm pulling away, Travis just keeps his arm more tighten around me. The others laugh. "Well, I did wished for Dark and Blood to be friends."

"How'd you guys wish? From dandelions?" Darold jokes. "No, from a shooting star." I replied turning to him. "What?! You guys saw a shooting star?!" Yui exclaims. And the other gasps. "Twice." Travis says.

"What?!" They go. "Well the first one we didn't asked specifically. We asked for her mother to get better, her mother did, but she didn't live." Travis explains. "But you still saw a shooting star! Two!" Serene exclaims. "When?"

"One was months ago. And the other was during the field trip, on our first night." I told them. "What?!" Yui exclaims sadly. "But you two are together right?" I said pointing to her and Jayden. "You can date now since the team is friends again." I smiled. Travis squeezes my arm and I knew what that meant.

I gasp and went flustered again as I hid my face. "So what do you say?" He asks. I look up at him confused. "Huh?" Travis chuckles. "I'm asking you to go out with me." He smiles.

I gave a long look at him. My heart was pounding faster than usual as I'm seeing from the corner of my eye that the others are also waiting for my answer.

The silence was probably too long cause Travis sighs turning away. "So that's a no?"

"Y-yes!" I exclaimed so that he doesn't get the wrong idea. "The answer's yes."

"Good." He says turning to me and we both smiled at each other. "Ah geez, stop flirting. Why don't you go home already? Half of us already left." Darold sighs😒. I look around and sure enough, the room looked halfway empty.

**
Me and Travis walked home together but came upon the playground and decided to stop. "Look! It's a clear night!" I smiled pointing at the stars. "I think I'm gonna become an astronomer when I go to college, or a chef, I can learn to make all different kinds of food. Gosh, that'll be heaven."

Travis sighs. "You Darold with food."

"You know that was actually how we met. Me and him were fighting over the last piece of pizza." I smiled remembering that moment. Travis chuckles. "That's sound like you guys."

After a brief moment of gazing at the stars, I start remembering about mom. "Mom always liked the stars, that's why she gave me this name. And my middle name, heh, it's Moonlight. I love the moonlight stars." I smiled.

"It suits you." He smiles.

"Doesn't it? Hey look! It's a swan! And that's a crown, and a lion, ooh the lion." As I'm saying the names of the animals I see up above, I'm also pointing at it so that Travis can see. "That looks like a bull, and that's a bear, ooh, it's the small and Big Dipper! And there's the North Star. It's so bright, I think that's the brightest star right now and—"

I turn to Travis looking at me. "Are you even listening?"

"Of course I am." He replied. Liar. Travis was only looking at me while I was pointing at the animals and stars. I could see him from the corner of my eye. "You know, Valentine's Day this year was really horrible, first I saw you with Aoi on the rooftop and you never even looked at me. And I stuffed myself with cake and water, then I threw up and didn't made it till the end of the period cause I had to leave home since I was sick." I complain.

"My bad. I had to do my job, besides, I didn't even know that Aoi was on our side that time." He says scratching his head. "Ooh you should've seen me, I was crying my eyes out every night. Did you even heard my message that I send you?" I asked.

"Yeah and I was like 'why is this girl apologizing? She's so stupid, I should be the one apologizing.' And I laughed myself to sleep by how dumb you were. But seriously, jumping into the pool when you knew you couldn't swim?" He laughs. "That's not funny! I almost drowned!" I shouted but he laughs more.

"You wouldn't have if you just let Jayden get the necklace."

"Ugh, shut up." I pout. Travis calms downs and chuckles. "Getting upset now?"

Deciding to go onto another subject, I look up at the sky again. "Let's find the brightest star up there! Right now, I think it's the North Star."

"I see a brighter star." Travis says. "Where?!" I gasp looking around. "You." He answered and I turned to him a bit confused but when I turned around, his lips meets mine and I stood there frozen and shock 😳. Travis doesn't pull away though, instead, he places his hands on my jawlines, cupping my face. I close my eyes and return the kiss, that's when he gives me a kiss much more deeper...