Chapter 16: Unexpected

Two days had past and today was the last day of the field trip so we started packing up.

"Ugh, it's too bad we don't got service up in this place." Selene complains. "Relax, we're going back today anyways." I chuckled as I'm rolling my eyes.

"Hurry, we're leaving in 15 minutes!" I hear our teacher announcing as she's getting ready to go to the bus.

"Hey, we got gadgets that doesn't even need wifi so we're good." Yui lowers her voice. I sigh when all of a sudden my spy phone calls up. "Huh?" I go, not expecting anyone to call at the moment. "Agent Jean?" I guess but the caller wasn't. It was Dr. Willow.

She's a spy with Dark too.

I quickly picked up the call. "Hello?" I called. "Star dear, today your mother is having surgery, right now." I heard her voice go. I go confused. "I thought it was next week."

"Apparently not, no more time to explain, I'll need to go into the surgery room now. Please hurry." He voice was filled with worrisome so I thought that something could be wrong.

The others looked at me when they found that my face was scared and worried. Quickly hanging up the phone, I grab my things and ran up to the teacher without explaining anything to them.

"Sensei, we need to leave now." I demanded. "Now? But you still have—"

"No, we need to go now." I said with a firm voice when I cut her off. "Please, I'm begging you. My mother is having surgery because of her sickness and I just remembered." I begged.

Sensei looked a bit shock when she saw that my face was filled with terror and tears about to fall. "Okay, get in the bus then." She orders, and when I do, she announced to the whole class. "Change of plans, we're leaving now. Hurry! It's an emergency!" She shouted.

My mind was filled with so much negativities, just thinking about mom.

On the way back, I never said a word and although I could tell the others were worried and confused, they never pushed me to say anything.

When we arrived, I quickly ran off the bus. "Umi, take this to my house, you know where the spare key is. Please, I can't explain it right now." And with that, I start taking off, leaving them dumbfounded.

"What? Star!" I heard her voice call but I didn't stop. "Star! Wait! Star!" Jayden calls. I pause un patiently and looked back with the what do you want face.

"It'll be faster on car." He says when he starts going in his vehicle. I quickly ran into the front seat and Jayden drives off. "How did you know?" I asked him.

Jayden scoffs. "You think Dr. Willow will only tell you? I'm a part of your family too." He says. I smiled with a relief smile. Jayden went faster than usual since this was a total emergency.

When we got to the hospital, we quickly ran to where the surgery would be.

A doctor seemed as if he was waiting for us since he stood up when he saw me. Walking towards me, he start explaining. "Something went wrong with her organs, that's why we're doing it now. She's in the room, for now, that's all that's left." He says.

I looked down and saw that he was handing me a paper. I took it and me and Jayden took our seats.

Star,
     You know I love you with all my heart. I wanted to see you for the last time in case I'm off to heaven but I guess it can't be helped since this unexpectedly came up. Just know that you don't have to apologize, you are already forgiven. Knowing you, you'll probably still say sorry. Star, if I don't make it, know that I'm always with you in your heart. I'm sorry if it's not enough. And I'm sorry for keeping the secret about your father, not telling you what happened. I hope that you'll forgive me for all my mistakes and I feel that you will. I forgive you for all of yours, so you don't need to apologize. And Star, about Travis, you should listen to your heart and see what happens. Follow your heart and let it guide you. From what you've described to me about him, I think he's a great guy for you even though he's enemy. Don't let things like that bring you down, I know you can do this. Try making a difference... You can do it if you believe in yourself, and don't do it alone, let your friends help you, even your Blood friends. You're going to have to face this someday. And when you do, make it so that you won't regret it. Time is running out, you never know when it will be gone, just like how I didn't know about this. But never stop shinning, your lights must never fade away, shine bright like the shooting star I know you are.

     I love you with all my heart,
Love, your loving Mom. Goodbye... ^_^

P.S.
Smile for me, I'll be looking down from heaven if I don't make it.

And with that last word, my tears dropped down to the paper. Bringing it towards my chest, I hug it tightly as I cry silently. Jayden pulled me into his arm as I cried.

God, please let mom live, if not, I know that she's in a better place. I prayed and prayed with all my heart.

30 more minutes past and finally, the doors opened and came out Dr. Willow. I gasp and ran up to her with the letter still clutched in my hand followed by Jayden behind me.

I search for her eyes for the answer and it showed it all. Her head was down low with very sorrow eyes.

I gasp and covered my mouth in shock. I shook my head multiple times. Not wanting to believe it, I quickly ran into the room and saw mom laying on the bed motionless.

"Mom! Mom!" I cried, shaking her arm but there was no answer. "Star calm down." Jayden says but I was still shaking.

Then my knees collapse to the floor as I understood what had just happened.

Mom was gone, mom is gone...She's gone.

Shakingly, I cried and cried. I didn't knew where dad went but I kept crying, just worrying about mom now. Jayden bends down and strokes my back softly as I'm crying there.

My head went dizzy from all the crying and it hurts, but my heart aches way more. I was scared, I was a shock, I was afraid. I just felt like crawling into a hole and staying there for the rest of my life.

Mom told me to smile but I can't right now. Mom...tell me this is just a dream, please, make this all a dream, please! I begged and begged but everything seem to be real.

Then, unexpectedly, the doors flew opened. "Celine!" The familiar voice cried. I looked up and saw that it was dad. When he saw that mom was laying on the bed motionless, dad stood there speechless and tears formed up.

I could see that his hands were also shaking. Then finally, dad saw me. I got up and ran into his arms, crying and crying as he hugged me back and cried too.

It was weird, it felt like mom was also there hugging us, her ghostly self was there, but she wasn't crying, she was smiling. Mom was in a better place now, but I still couldn't believe it, so I just cried in dad's arms.