Chapter 15: Fireflies ✨

Star's POV
"Wow!" I exclaimed excitedly as I got out of the bus and arrived at the opened flower place. All around me was flowers everywhere. 😍

My arms glided across from me as I felt the cool breeze blowing and the smell of flowers. "Well somebody's excited." Travis comes unexpectedly by my side when I let my arms back down to my sides. "How can a girl not be excited to see flowers?" I chuckle as we watched the rest of our classmates fooling around in the field.

My heart was fluttering just like the butterflies flying across the flied. But there was also another thing on my mind instead of the flowers. I really like him.....

Quickly, I shook my head to try to take my mind off of that when I felt a blush forming. Travis looks at me confusingly. Gosh, I gotta stop. I tell myself.

"Hello? Earth to Star?" Travis calls, snapping me back to reality. He looks at me dumbfounded and before I'm guessing he could ask me why I was acting the way I did, Umi calls out to me.

"Star! Let's play!" She invites. I smiled and shouted back as I headed towards her. "Okay!"

That night, I couldn't fall asleep. I kept twisting and turning, trying to fall asleep but the drift never came to me so finally giving up, I sat up sighing. But before I could sit up fully, I felt a tug on my hair and let out a quiet ow. Looking at where it came from, it was Umi who was leaning against my hair while she slept peacefully.

"Ugh, Umi." I complained softly as I slowly take her arm away from my hair and finally got it free.

I want to go to the flowers right now but I was afraid of the dark especially since it's the middle of the night. Taking a flashlight, I relent myself and decided to go.

As I'm making my way towards the field, I keep having to shift my head everywhere, just to make sure I'm okay and it always seems to accrue that nothing will harm me, yet.

When I arrived just some seconds later, I saw a shadowy figure which made me jump. But when I looked closer, I saw that it was only Travis.

What's he doing here? I asked myself curiously. Oh who cares, at least I won't be alone. I shrugged off then trying to be brave, I slowly make my way towards Travis.

But as soon as I stepped on something nosy like a stick, I let out a gasp and quickly run to Travis, gripping his sleeve. Travis at first jumped since I suddenly came and grabbed him but when he saw that it was me, he sighs.

"If you want to sneak out in the middle of the night then at least do it quietly." He orders. "I'm sorry but I don't like the dark, it just creeps me out." I said tugging on his arm, looking back at where I came from.

"Well then why did you came out here?" He asks.

"I can't fall asleep." I replied as my head turns towards the field. "Wow." I gasp in awe. "The way the flowers glistens with the moonlight and the stars." I said.

"Turn the flashlight off." Travis tells me. I raised a brow. "Why? I can't do that, I hate the dark remember?" I protested. "Relax, I'm right here so just turn it off." He assures me.

I sigh and decided to trust him but before that, I tangled my arm around his just to be sure then I turn the flashlight off. "Now look. Fireflies." He says pointing out to the flashing yellow lights.

I gasp softly when I saw. "Wow..." I whispered in awe.

We watched silently as the fireflies blinked throughout the night.

Minutes after minutes had past when all of a sudden, I see a flying star ☄. I gasp and pointed out for Travis to see. Please make Blood and Dark to become friends. I pleaded silently towards the wishing star when I clasped my hand together and prayed. 🙏

**

After what seemed like forever, the sleep was finally coming to my head. A yawn quietly escapes my mouth. "Go to sleep." Travis says when he saw that my eyes were getting heavy.

"Aren't you sleepy?" I asked him between another yawn. "Go before your eye bags shows up tomorrow." He says rudely. "Fine, fine." I said giving up. As I flash up my flashlight again, I tug on his arm.

"But you gotta come with me, I'm scared I might get kidnapped."

Travis raises a brow. "No there's no way anyone would kidnapped you in the middle of woods."

"Maybe not but animals might." I half jokingly said. He looks at me as if I was really stupid but sigh and took me back anyways.

Once we got back to the tent I was sleeping in, I look back at him. "Thanks Travis. You're not sleeping yet?" I asked. Travis shook his head. "Just worry about yourself, go." He says giving me a small push towards the tent.

Finally I give up and went back in. The last thing I saw was his assuring smile face which made it easier for me to fall asleep. That's when the dark consumes me and I drifted off.