Chapter 14: Going against the Rules

That night I told Headquarters that things are happening in the family and I'll be taking the night off tonight, which wasn't quite true since my family issues are actually better now.

I sat on a rooftop of a building, gazing at the lights around me and just thinking, thinking about Travis. I was finally true to my feelings and accepted that. My head went crazy with different thoughts, asking myself if I should tell him or not.

"He's not even over that Camellia girl." I sighed to myself. "But she's...gone, ugh still." I complain, not knowing what to do. "Headquarters won't be happy if they found out about this, or any of the secrets about, everything." I rolled my eyes.

Nothing made sense nowadays. School is about to be over in a few months.

Time passes and I don't even know how long it has been since I was lost in thoughts when someone below me called out. "Star?" The familiar voice called. I looked down and saw that it was Yui. When I was about to go down, she stops me. "No, I'll go up there, seems better that way." She says then jumped up here with the help of a metal rope that helps you climb things.

Yui's POV
After getting to where a Star was, I sat down near her, putting my metal rope away. "Mission done?" I asked her. "I never went on a mission , just decided to skip it tonight." She tells me. I turned to where she was looking and it was the beautiful night view of the city.

"How's your family doing? Better now?"

"Yeah." I saw her smile from the corner of my eye. But then her smile faded. "But..."

"Ah, there's a but..." I sighed. "I fell in love." She admits after a few seconds. I tilted my head in confusion. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No, it's..." Star pauses then kept going. "I fell in love with an enemy." My eyes widen when I knew she means Travis. After a few seconds, I finally said something. "I fell in love with an enemy too." I admitted. Star quickly turned her head towards me with shock eyes and I could tell she knew that I meant Jayden.

Her face gave out a relief smile, knowing that she wasn't the only one who was going against the code. "We're similar aren't we? You're not mad right?" I asked just to be sure. Star shook her head. "And you? He did said that he dated your sister. Travis looked like he wasn't over her yet. I don't think I have a chance unlike you." She sighed sadly.

"Both of us don't have a chance right now. And about Camellia, don't worry about it. Travis will soon find out his true feelings and forget about his feelings towards Camellia." I assure her. Her eyes widen. "I thought for sure you were going to be opposed by it."

I let out a soft scoff. "No, I'm not."

"So, what should we do? What would you do?" Star asks me. "For now, let's just leave it be and see what happens." I advised. Star nodded in agreement. That night, we promised to each other that we wouldn't tell anyone about our little secret.

"What do you want?" Travis's voice goes as he groans sleepily over the phone. I called him up while on the way home after hanging with Star. "So, you over Camellia?" I asked. Travis grunts and I can picture him rolling his eyes right now. "You woke me up just to ask me that?" He yawns.

"Oh come on, it's only—holy, it's already 12:50." I gasped when I saw the big clock on one of the big buildings. "Yeah, exactly." He tells me. "But are you?" I repeated. "Why do you wanna know?" He groans.

"Because, I'm telling you to stop looking back in the past and think of what's in front of you. Star's in front of you."

"I know, I see stars every night and they're always above my head."

Is he serious? I frown. "I'm talking about Star the person you idiot! Wake up!" I snapped at him. "Oh." He goes and I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, go to sleep, stop disturbing me, talk to me tomorrow." He tells me then click the end button and ended the call before I could say anything else.

What a jerk.

Travis's POV
After that, I just lied on my bed, staring at the ceiling and sighed as Star's face came up in my head. "I feel like talking to her." I hoped quietly. Then my phone rang again, but this time, instead of Yui, it was Star. "Did she just granted my wish?" I scoff to myself then picked up the call.

"Wow, the one person I wanted to talk to." I answered. Star's voice chuckles. "Something up?" I asked. "Just felt like calling you up. Hey, mom and dad made up, but I don't think they're getting back together cuz you know, wait, you don't know, anyways, I'm just glad they're on good conditions now and that mom knows the truth." I could see her smiling face as she starts speaking.

"Well that's good." I yawn. "Hey, did I woke you up?" Her tone of voice filled with some worried feelings. I chuckle softly. "Don't worry, it's okay." I assure her and she sighs in relief. "Wow, you care about the strangest things." I pointed out.

"It's not strange." She protests. "If I disturbed you then that'll make me feel like a disturbance to you so that's why I worry." She says clearing herself up. "I see, but you know, you'll never be a disturbance to me shining star." I smirked. Star scoffs.

"Two timing. Stop flirting with me when you're still not sure about your feelings with Camellia." She says playfully but I knew she was right. It's time I forgot about Camellia and look at what's in front of me, just like Yui said.

"Yeah, yeah." I sighed jokingly. "Go to sleep, we have a three day field trip tomorrow remember?" I reminded her about the school field trip to this opened flower field. I heard Star sigh, giving me a hint that she didn't felt like hanging up. "Don't worry, you can see my handsome face again tomorrow." I chuckle jokingly.

Star let's out a soft chuckle as well. "Night Travis." I can see her smiling face as she said that. "Night." I told her and we hung up.