Chapter 21: True Feelings

Luckily Aoi didn't say anything to agent Jean when we left or that would've been horrible. We were walking to her car and got in. She didn't say any word until she started driving. "I was wondering what took you so long, care to explain?"

None of us wanted to admit what Blood did, at least what Yui, Selene, and Drake did. "They stole Star's necklace, the necklace that connected her mother and father and the one in the middle, she threw it in the pool after some harsh words about Star's livings. That's why Star and Jayden are wet ma'am." Darold explained.

Agent Jean nodded understandingly. "Those Blood, always wanting what they want. That's why you never want to be friends with them, they're backstabbers if you ever do." She says.

Behind her words, we exchanged glances when she didn't looked at us.

~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~
That night, all I could think about was that backstabbing word that agent Jean said. Yui didn't do that under her own power, she was forced to, and to spies, being spy was their number 1 priority, if they're out of the team, it'd be hard to live, and be hard to join that team again or another.

Dad did it differently, he quit, he wasn't kicked out, that's how he got into another so team easily.

I really understand Yui, Selene and Drake, they had to do it, for the good of them and us. Because if their secret about us were to be out to their head agent, then that would mean back luck to us too.

That time when I didn't killed Travis, agent Jean was considering, if it was someone else, then they'd definitely be out of the team, that's how strict she is. Which means if I don't do my job to kill Travis and fail her a second time, then I'm out of the team.

I understood those three, but I didn't understand Travis. Travis felt so distant. Thinking about the new Travis, I started crying again as memories flooded back.

The time when we first met, when we shared our moments under the bridge, when we went to the street market, when he helped me find my father, when we went skiing together, when he saved me from almost 'dying' that time, when we laughed together, when we gave each other's a smile, when he made me feel better just by the look of him, the shooting stars, and the fireflies...

The last time he smiled at me was when I came back to school, to my friends, to him...so I decided, I can't just let things go like this. I grabbed my phone and dialed his number. It kept ringing and ringing. I called him about five times then gave up and gave a voice mail.

Travis's POV
While I was looking up at the stars through my bedroom window, my phone rang. I looked at the name and saw that it was Star, I couldn't talk to her now though, I can't...

So I decided to leave it be. But when the rang stopped after two seconds, she called again, I never picked up. Star called about five times then it seemed as if she finally gave up. I looked at my phone and saw that she had left a voice mail.

'Travis...I...I'm sorry if I've ever done anything bad towards you...I'm really sorry...Just, just know that I'll always be there for you when you need it, even if you think I'm bothersome. I...the glares that you give me, you must really hate me huh? Especially since you're not picking up, you're usually not asleep at this time, anyways...please know that I'm seriously sorry...thank you for listening to this at least...I'm sorry.'

Star, why was she apologizing when I'm the one who should? Maybe she thinks that she did something for me to ignore her, but honestly, I'm doing this because of Aoi. Of course Star wouldn't know. When she talked, her voice was shaking, as if she was crying and had been crying.

I'm sorry, I'm hurting you so much and I'm not even apologizing...I'm really sorry...

Jayden's POV
That next day when we came to school, no one said a word about what happened yesterday, we barely even made eye contacts, it was like we were averting each other's eyes.

Star still looks shaken up by Aoi's words. During lunch, we went on the rooftop, wanting to avoid Blood for the day, not that it was all their fault.

We heard the door creeped open and turned our heads. There we found the three of them. This time they didn't averted their eyes, instead they made serious eye contact, letting us know that what they have to say are true words.

"Listen..." Yui started. "We're really sorry about yesterday, I didn't knew Aoi-chan would go that part to the point where Star was drowning. And as Blood, we're really sorry about Aoi's words, Star. We never meant to become enemies like this."

I looked at Star and she gave a soft smile after a few seconds. "We know...we know you guys did it for the sake of both of us. If your secret was out, then that would mean that us Darks are also out of spy business. Thank you for doing that. And about me drowning, don't worry, I was just being stupid, forgetting that I couldn't swim."

Me and Darold both let out a snicker. "You drowned." I laughed. "Seriously, you could've just let Jayden fetch the necklace." Darold added. "Shut up, I'm stupid, I know, geez, don't need to actually tell me." Star says rolling her eyes.

Then there was silence when we looked back at Blood. But three seconds later, the seven of us burst out laughing. "You should've seen your face!" Drake laughs. "Deng, what were you even thinking?" Selene asks through her laughs.

"I mean, I just couldn't let the necklace go like that, but then again, I should've just let Jayden get it." Star replied. After a few more seconds, our laughs calmed down and Star wiped her joy of tears away.

"We're friends now?" Drake asks. "We were always friends." Darold scoffs off.

"Hey..." All of us turned to Star with her serious tone of sad voice. "How's Travis...?" She asked. We turned to look at Blood for the answer. Star really likes Travis and she's feeling so hurt by his actions.

"He's totally hypnotized." Selene says sadly. "It's not his fault, Aoi's doing this. I seriously miss the old Travis though." Yui added with her head looking down. "But don't worry Star, we'll get him back. We got you." Drake smiles. Star smiled back and I knew from that point that we were the same again, just like back then when Aoi was never here.