Chapter 19: A Rival?

The next day, we had a new classmate. I was stunned by who it was...Travis's claimed to be 'girlfriend.' She seemed pretty lively and adored by all the guys, well, except for Drake, Jayden , and Darold of course.

"Hi! I'm you're new classmate Aoi Astui, please call me Aoi-chan! I hope you'll treat me well. Please take care of me!" She smiles and gave a bow. All the boys were so enchanted by that as they gave out compliments.

"Thank you Aoi-chan, you can sit over—"

"Sensei, I'd like to sit next to Travis-kun please." She says smiling towards Travis. "Oh, but there's no extra seat near Travis, he does after all have a window seat." Sensei rejected but it looks like she wasn't going to give up. I was the one sitting next to Travis so Aoi-chan looked to me.

"Then I can trade seats right?" She asks. "Um, well, if Star lets you then—"

"May I sit there and you sit in the front please?" She pleaded. All eyes turn to me. It's not like it matters sitting next to Travis anymore, he clearly doesn't like me cause this morning I tried greeting him but he literally ignored me, as if I was invisible or something.

I sighed. "Sure." I told her and Aoi-chan gave out a beam. "Wow, thank you so much!" And came skipping over to my seat. After taking my things, I got out of the seat to go to the front seat, far away from Travis.

"Aoi-chan, why is it that you want to sit next to Travis so badly?" A girl asked. "Oh, that's cause me and Travis are dating." She smiled. "Right Travis?" Travis nodded. All students went shocked. Girls and guys went jealous too.

"Wow, but you two totally match!" They smiled encouragingly. "Thank you!" She beamed. "Okay students, back to class." Sensei says.

I tried so hard to not pay attention to all that stuff about them dating but it never seemed to get off my mind. In the end, I never leaned anything today.

When it was lunch, before we went in, Yui told us to wait for her. So us Darks waited for Yui. When Yui finally came, she was with Selene and Drake.

"So what's up?" I asked. "You see." Her voice went low. "Aoi is also a Blood, which means as long as she's around, we can't be seen together." She explains.

"So basically we'll be separated for a long while." Umi guessed. They nodded regretfully. "Sorry." Selene says. "Hey, it's not y'all fault. That's just spy codes." Darold shrugged off. "Thanks for understanding man." Drake says patting Darold's shoulder. Then they left.

So now we can't even be friends as long as that Aoi girl is here, ugh.

That whole day, Travis ignored me, at least the others smiled at me when they had the chance, but Travis, Travis was distant and the smile in his eyes faded, his heart seem so dark.

And every time I see him, he's always with Aoi, smiling, but that smile wasn't the same, it wasn't like the smile he smiled to me, the smile he gave me was sincere, this smile, it seemed fake. Maybe it's just my imagination though, like I want that to happen, but I don't know anymore...

**
Last period was science and we were paired up for a project due next weekend. I had to pair up with Aoi for some reason. She protested, not because she didn't wanted to be my partner but because she wanted to be with Travis.

Luckily our science teacher was seriously strict so she gave up and decided to work with me. Aoi seems smart when we started brainstorming what our project would be about.

"And add cream to made it stand!" Aoi exclaims. "Yeah!" I agreed. "Sensei, we're making a—"

"Cake tower!" I heard Darold yell just as we were about to say that. "No Darold, we got it first!" I argued. "You wish. Who ever gets to sensei first gets the project." Darold started running to sensei. "Run Aoi-chan!" I exclaimed. She gasp and made her way to sensei but apparently Darold got there first.

"Ugh." Aoi complains when she comes back slumping in her chair. "That was a perfect idea to involve food."

"Ugh, that Darold." I rolled my eyes when I saw Darold sticking his tough at me.

I heard spraying sounds and me and Aoi looked out the window. A kid apparently dropped its coke and when he opened it, the coke sprayed out. I gasp. "Coke!"

"Volcano!" Aoi finished, reading my mind. "Yes!" We shouted together then started drawing out another idea. "You know Star, you're not bad, for a Dark. I hope that doesn't come out offensive." She says. I shook my head. "Oh, no, that's okay."

"By the way, how did you met Travis? Was it spy stuff?" I asked. Aoi turned to me. "No, not really, we were childhood friends and joined Blood together." She says. "I see." I said. Nothing beats childhood friend huh? I thought when all of a sudden Aoi pops up a question.

"Oh, do I have a rival now?" She asks. I quickly shook my head multiple time. "No, I don't like him. Besides, we're enemies, and he's already dating you so if I were to like him, I wouldn't have a chance would I?"

"Ah, that's true. It'd be fun to have a rival though." She smiled and went back to work.

Aki's POV
After hearing her deny, I just shrugged it off and went back to the drawing. The truth is, agent Collins from Blood found out about Travis liking Star so us dating right now was arranged, no one else but Travis and I knows about this. I could tell why he liked Star.

When Star denied it, it was as if she denied her true feelings because of the look in her eyes. I feel so bad for her, knowing that she actually fell for Travis as well and now I seem to be breaking them apart.

I saw Star that day at the rooftop, her hands were shaking from the corner of my eye when Travis agreed to go on a date with me. It's totally obvious that she liked him.

But I have to play my part so that I'm off the team. Travis had to eliminate Star some day soon or else he's definitely off the team.

Now I have to do all my best to keep them apart, so that Star don't like Travis no more, and so that Travis can do his job. I hate to be the enemy here but I can't help it.

"Done!" I smiled holing up the drawing that I drew. "Ooh, nice!" Star gleamed. "Now let's go show it in before anyone else has this idea." She said as she grabbed the paper and walked up to sensei.