Chapter 8: Moonlight Stars ☄

Star's POV
"Ahhhh!" I squeal when Umi told me the news the next day. I run around in circles and screaming because of my happiness for them. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!" I repeat. 😆 "I knew it! I knew it!" I yell. Yui and Selene turns to me confused. "What? What happened?" They ask.

I look around for the security cameras then lower my head and voice. "Umi and Darold are official." I beamed then the girls squeal. I join in. "I know!"

"Congrats!" They say. "Can y'all stop attracting attention?" Umi pleads. "That's right, keep screaming, she's mine." Darold says putting his arm on Umi's shoulders and pulling her in from behind. I clench my hands knowing how excited I am. "Y'all so cute." Selene beams.

"Whoa, seriously?" Jayden ask. "Congrats man." Travis smiles. "Get it." Drake smiles. Unlike us girls, the guys were calm about it. I'm like actually about to explode. "You're too much Star." Darold sighs. "What? My best friend is dating for the first time so of course I'd be happy." I replied with a higher pitch voice.

"First time?" Yui says surprised. "She's too cute." Selene compliments. "She was more into her work stuff that's why." I explained. "That's a good girl, to not waste her time on those other guys." Drake says. "Yeah, and now she got me." Darold agrees. 😏

"Star?" Someone calls suddenly from behind. I turn around and saw one of our teachers. "Yes sensei?" I ask confused. "Doctor Willow asks to speak to you." She says. Still confused, I get my phone out as the others start to talk among themselves. Following sensei, I walk out of the lunch room to speak to Doctor Willow. The phone rang as sensei left.

The phone was picked up fast. "Star?" I hear Doctor Willow's voice from the other end. "Yeah, it me. Something wrong? Is it mom?" I ask getting worried. "Yes actually." I hear her say with a sincere sad tone. My heart sank. "W-what's wrong?" I asked with a shaky voice.

"Just come so that I can tell you in person." Doctor Willow says. "I'll see you here." She ends the call and I start to panic. Turning back into the cafeteria, I head back to our table as quick as possible. "Jayden." I call out with a soft shaky tone. They all look at me confused by what's wrong. "Come with me." I ordered.

"Why—" I grab his arm before he could finish. "It's mom. Doctor says something's wrong." I explained. "Hurry!" I drag him away as he head out of the cafeteria to get permission to leave.

Travis's POV
Star and Jayden runs out of the cafeteria leaving us speechless. I saw Yui turning to me with worried and a bit of a mad side to it as well and I knew that meant that I should definitely not kill Star. I nod in response. I saw Umi's face go in panick.

"Yo, it's gonna be alright." I hear Darold whisper to her. "But Star's mom, she's been in serious conditions, what if it's worse? Especially since Star has to leave in the middle of school." I could Umi was seriously worried for her best friend. "We were just having fun and now..."

"I know, I know." Darold says pulling her into a hug.

Star...please tell me you're going to be okay.

Jayden's POV
Star falls to her knees with tears flowing on her face as she covers her face with her palms after hearing the horrible news. "I could this happen...? How...?" She says with a shaky voice. My eyes starts stinging, knowing that I'm also about to cry but I held them in. Star's mother was a very important person to me as well, she was like a second mother to me.

As I'm watching her cry, I can see that her body is also shaking. "Star..." I call out her name as I bend down, touching her back. "Jayden." She says and leaned against me as she cries on my shoulders. All I could do was held her in return, not knowing what else to say. Doctor Willow just looks to the floor sadly. Star's mom was sleeping on the hospital bed.

Star cries on me like a little child crying in her father's arms. "Dad..." I hear her say so quietly, even quieter than a whisper. Her father...why did he left...?

Star's POV
"Dad..." My voice goes quieter than a whisper. Where was he? Why did he left me? Why did he left mom...?

That night, it was already midnight, the others were probably done with their mission. I just sat quietly, swinging on the swing under the night sky. There was nothing to seem happy about now, after that horrible news. But right now, I just needed to talk to someone, I needed someone next to me. I placed the chip, the same kind of chip that I wore yesterday when I talked to Jayden.

I ended up dialing Travis's number. He picks up right away. "Hey." I hear him say. Some tears fell down, just hearing his voice calmed me down. "Travis..." I said trying to hold in my shaky voice. "Something wrong?" He asks. "Can you come out here with me?" I asked. "And wear your chip, please." I said without waiting for his answer. "Where you at?" He asks which meant that he was coming.

"...Park." I replied, still keeping my horse voice in.

While waiting for Travis to come, I cried silently. "Star." I hear a familiar voice say. I turn around and saw Travis. "That...that was quick." I said surprised. Travis took his seat on the swing next to mine. "What's up?"

"This may sound weird but, I just felt like talking to you. I felt like wanting to see you." I quietly said. "Nah, it ain't weird. I felt like seeing you too." Travis replied. "Thank you." I answered. After a few seconds, I added quietly. "Mom..." I started. "She has cancer." I said with a horse voice as tears starts falling again.

Travis went quite, I'm sure he's surprised too. "I...I'm sorry..." He says, not knowing what else to say. "Travis, don't ever betray me. I don't care if we're enemies but I don't ever want you to betray me, especially after today. You're...someone very important to me..." I whispered.

"Cross my heart and hope to die." He promises. "Promise me too." He says. I chuckle. "Cross my heart and hope to die." I repeated his words. As I turn to him, I saw Travis smiling at me, which helped me calmed down, which that, I smile back.

Then Travis suddenly gasp as he looks away from me. "A shooting star!" He yells, I gasp and turn to see and there is was. A shooting star. ☄ "I wish for my mom to get better!" I shout quickly. "Me too!" Travis says before the shooting star disappeared. I smiled and turned to him.

"That was, my first time." I told him. "Really? That was my second time." Travis replied and my eyes widen. "Really? When?" I gasp. "It was with my ex." He says turning his gaze to the sky with a smiling face. "Your ex." I repeated. "Seems like you still like her." I concluded feeling a bit of jealousy inside of me.

"Her name was Camellia, Yui's sister. She was someone really important to me." He smiles. "So why'd you two break up if she was someone really important?" I frown. "Because she died." His voice softened. "It was on a mission, killed by a Dark."

My heart sank when he said that. "Don't worry, I'm not against Dark anymore after I met you." He says still having his gaze on the stars. "But you're...still...w-why?" I said struggling on what to say, feeling a bit hurt. "She attacked first, so it was her fault. But she did it to protect Yui." Travis explains.

"Sorry." I replied. "Would you, possibly want her back if she was still here?" I ask. "Who knows? I miss her, yeah, but I don't know." He replied. "Why?" I asked confused. "Cause I met you Star." That's when he turned to me and I could tell he was serious. I go speechless for a few seconds. "Two-timing." I frown, looking away from him.

"Whatever." Travis sighs. It actually made me kinda happy when he said that. "Feelings can change, you can't force that."

"I know, I know. But you can't go falling for your enemies." I replied. Still feeling his gaze on me, Travis adds. "Yeah it's too bad." Did he just admitted his feelings to me?  I gave him a disgusted-ish look. "Don't go falling for someone like me. I'm too cute for you." I smile.

Travis snickers. "Yeah, sure." He says sarcastically. Then turns to the stars again. "These stars always reminds me of you, you know. Star, and stars."

"Of course it does."

Travis scoffs. "Honestly." With the talk that we had, I soon realized that I was no longer crying or in pain any longer. I turn and smiled at him. "Travis..." I called and he turns to me. "Thank you, for this." Travis smiled in return meaning 'you're welcome.'

After that, we just stared up at the stars again and started talking about random stuff under the moonlight stars while swinging. 🌌