Chapter 22: I know...

Star's POV
The next day was Saturday and while I was still in bed all covered up under my blanket, I heard Dr. Willow saying that I got visitors. I groaned not wanting to get up so I just stayed in bed.

The visitors came into my room so loudly. "Yo Star! Wake up man! It's the weekends." Darold shouts. "Yeah, we should do something fun." Umi adds. I could see them from the corner of my eye that the guys took a seat on the chairs and Umi sat beside my bedside.

I groan, giving them a hint that I didn't wanted to get up. Darold sighs. "Gosh you're lazy."

"Hey, I'm not lazy, I'm just on energy saving mode." I protested, waking up a bit with my yawn. "Hurry up, get change and let's—"

"I don't think I can do it." I said cutting off Jayden with my serious tone. "You don't think you can get up?" Jayden asks confused. "No, I mean...I don't think I can eliminate him."

"Eliminate who?" Umi asks. "Eliminate Travis."

"Why would you eliminate Travis?" Darold asks. "Because I was assigned to." Darold and Jayden sat back down in their seats. "Agent Jean assigned you to eliminate Travis? When did this happened?" Umi asked.

I sighed. "Two days after the day we first met during our mission when we didn't pulled the trigger."

"What?! That long?! What did agent Jean said about you not doing it?" Darold asks. "I had to accept the job of course, to make up for my mistake that time. So when I didn't do it, she said that she understood since I had family problems to deal with. I did do part of the job, she told me to get closer to Travis."

"So that's why you got closer to Travis? Because of the mission?" Umi questions.

"No, I mean yes, but no. I didn't know that I was actually going to like Travis. So now, I don't think I can do it, even though he gives me a reason to. But I know I just can't. Travis, I believe in what he is doing right now. He has his purpose, whatever it is. He's probably doing this for the best of both of us. I want to trust him. So I know, I know that he's not doing this because he actually hate me. I don't know if it's just my imagination but the smile he gives to Aoi is fake, as if he's been suffering. I know Travis, he would never do something without a purpose. Don't you agree?"

They looked at me silently, as if they don't know what to think.

Umi then puts a hand on my shoulder with a reassuring smile. "His smile is a bit distant. And he's not acting like himself, of course I believe that." I smiled at her in return, giving her the thank you look.

Aoi's POV
I walked into agent Collins office seriously, and madly. His head was focused on the computer. "Agent Collins, it's Aoi." I announced myself. Agent Collins finally looks up and gestured me to take a seat. "Aren't you supposed to be with agent Blade?" He asked, wondering why I was here instead of with Travis.

"You never did told me why Travis's mission was to eliminate Star. With all due respect sir, Star doesn't seem like she has done anything wrong. Her life seems to be collapsing, and yet she is to die." I admitted.

With his gaze still steady on mine, he started. "On their first meeting, Blade pinned Star down to the ground with a gun to her head, a gun was also pointed to his. But both of them hesitated whether to pull the trigger or not, and as you can see, it never happened.

Usually I'd kick them out of the team if they ever fail to do their mission, especially against Dark, but I was soft on Travis, so to make up his mistake, that's why he was assigned to that assignment."

They never pulled the trigger...

"He still seems to not have done his job yet, maybe I should assign this mission to someone else...that'll be easier for Star to be eliminated." He says.

"Why is it that you want Star to be eliminated?" I asked him with curiosity. "Because she had changed Blade!" His voice grew angrier. But then calmed. "Blade never once hesitated in his life and we do not need any hesitation here in Blood." He pauses for a moment then added. "I will assign this mission to someone else now, tell him that, and, you are free to not date him anymore."

My brows furrowed. "In the first place, we were never dating, it was fake. Travis made one mistake, I'm sure you had done worse...father." And with that, I stood up and left before he could say anything else. I was mad, of course I was, I had hurt Star with my words, and now I'm guilty of that mistake.

**
When I found Travis, he was with his friends. I ran up to them and the three of them gave me the disgusted look but I ignored it. They still don't know that I was asked my agent Collins, or should I say, my father, about all of this.

"Travis, agent Collins said that you are no longer assigned to eliminate Star anymore." I told with through pants. The three looked at my confused by how I knew that. "So we no longer need to fake dating anymore."

I turned to the other three and deeply bowed. "I'm sorry. I never intended to keep you guys from Dark, I was never an enemy of them, I was only assigned to be one. That's why all of that had happened on Thursday." I then turned to Travis again. "Travis, I don't think you should hurt Star anymore."

Travis pauses for a few seconds. "I know..."

"And I know your true feelings towards her. And I'll never tell agent Collins about this" I turned to all of them. "About any of this.... Forgive me or not, I'll still be on your side." I gave them a sincere look with sincere words. All of this was true, I never intended to be enemies, I just wanted to please my father, but not like this.

I gasp remembering something. "Oh and, he's assigning someone else to that mission, so, someone else is after Star now."

All of them looked at each other alarmed, especially the expression which Travis gave. I was so happy that he's finally back to his normal self, but there was no time to celebrate, Star is in trouble now.