Chapter 7: Confession

Travis's POV
I couldn't fall asleep even if I wanted to that night. I sigh to myself. As I got out of bed, I head to the kitchen for a glass of water. After that, I just looked up at the skies from the window. Everything was dark and all I could see were stars blinking which reminds me of Star and her smiling face comes to my mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Omg, omg, omg!" Star exclaims that next day. "Wow, you sure have the energy." Jayden yawns. 😪 "Shut up now will you?" He says as he pulls her head into his arm. "Hmm!" She yells, trying to speak. "Good." Jayden says seeming pleased. Star pulls away from him. "I couldn't speak you jerk!" She complains.

"I'm pretty sure that was the point." 😒

"Ugh, whatever." Star says as she rolls her eyes. "What's for breakfast?" She asks. "Food?" I said stating the obvious. 🤔 "Obviously, what kind of food?"

"Food that people eat?" Star twitches her eyes. "Haha, funny." -_- Star replied sarcastically. "Hurry, we'll have to leave now." Yui states. "What? No food?" Star's voice goes high pitched. "Gotta be careful Star, we never know if any other spies may be here." Yui says. Star sighs. That girl, always having food on her mind. 😪

When we left, we had to leave in separate vehicles like how we came so that headquarters won't find out we've been hanging together. It's too bad.

Star's POV
That night, we were getting ready for our mission in our Dark's gym locker rooms. "You think Darold likes me back?" Umi pops up a question. "Of course Darold likes you back." I said. "He's always around you." I added. Umi sighs. "I don't know though." She frowns, then turns into a smile. "I'll confess tonight, no matter what."

I smile in return. "If he says no, I'm gonna punch him so hard that he forgets he's even alive." I smirk. "What? No, don't do that. People need to make a decision, you can't force feelings." Umi says and added. "It'll hurt if he says no but I'll still be friends with him and act as if nothing happened."

"You can't do that Umi. It's gonna be hard to forget." I tell her. "I know, but what else would I do? I don't want things to get awkward." Umi replied sadly. "He's going to accept, I just know it." I said sincerely as I grab her hands in mine. "Thanks Star." Umi smiled.

After changing, the four of us leaves after getting our mission card. We sat on the rooftop again and look at what mission we had tonight. "Spy and get as much information about Trey Leon." Umi reads. "Really? That's it? Spying on someone?" I said surprised by how easy that would be as I'm lying down with a leg hanging from the building. "Who's Trey Leon?" Darold asks.

Then I gasp and sat right up as I realized who that was. "It's my father!" I said. The others look at me surprised and confused. "He changed his last name to Leon for some reason." I explained. "But why would Jean give us a mission to spy on him? Wasn't he a Dark once?" I asked confused. "It says that this mission will possibly last five to seven days." Umi says reading off the card.

"As much as I want to know about my father, I can't do this. My mother would never allow this." I said getting worried. "Jean gave this mission to us for a reason." Jayden says putting his hand on my shoulder. I sigh shaking my head. "Darold and Umi, you guys do the mission tonight." I ordered.

I could feel their understanding so Darold and Umi left, leaving me and Jayden in silence. "So we just wait until they come back then?" Jayden guesses and I nod. "Jayden..." My voice goes serious. Jayden turns to me which shows me that he was listening.

"Put this on first." I said handing him a little chip which dis activates the spy security cameras from listening or seeing our conversation. Jayden obeys and puts it on, as did I. "Must be serious since we're using this." He says. "It's..." I started. "I had a mission from Jean a few weeks ago. A personal mission. She gave it to me because of my mistake."