Nervously, he sat next to me. Kagome still looked worried, but eventually started to go along with it. While i, once again, could not eat.

*time skip*

(third person)

Hayate Watanabe sat in his class, constantly trying to block out the chatter. It wasn't the noise that bothered him, but the meaning behind it. The class, including Chika Miyoshi, spoke harshly about him. It was difficult enough with just the class speaking so openly about it. Yet, having the one he loved the most speak like that of him, like he wasn't even there, hurt even more than he imagined. Despite that, he didn't say a word.

I asked Kitagawa san so suddenly for this favour.... I wander is she's really willing to help me? Watanabe sighed and laid his head on the desk. Class was over, but he didn't want to leave, because going would mean they would tease him even more.

"Ah, there you are Haya Kun ❤" Ayako walked into the classroom. She sauntered in, with a slight lazy step like she was tired, even so, she looked eligent. Just like the daughter of a noble. She stopped in front of Hayate's desk. Her fingers interlaced behind her back. With a slight head tilt and a innocent smile, Ayako shined brighter than any girl in the class.

"What are you doing here?" he asked with surpise. The last thing he expected was for her to come over. His shock slowly turned to fear, as He thought she would spill their conversation from earlier. Around them, the class whispered. The guys spoke of vulgar things about Ayako's body, while the girl's only complained and downed Ayako. She didn't hesitate to speak.

"I can't come pick up my boyfriend?" she giggled, placing her hand over her mouth, trying to hide her forgered embarrassment. "Maybe I was wrong? I thought maybe you would like to accompany me to my favorite shop. But... I can go..." Ayako turned and started to walk away.

"Wait, I'll pay." Hayate laughed as he chased after her. He grabbed her hand, pulling her to his side. Ayako was well use to a lot of things boys did, but holding hands was such a pure innocent thing, than it was almost as embarrassing as her skirt flying up. The blush on her face wasn't masked by her dark complexion.

"W-well... If you want to... I've never let a guy pay for me...." Hayate smiled, leaning in slightly, but pulled back. To him, Ayako was almost hypnotic. He could fall in love with her easily... But the look in her eyes when the other girl said another man's name...

"I would be sad if I didn't pay for you." he smiled. Hayate knew even if he fell for her, and if she fell for him, all it would take was a single moment for the other man to steal her back.

"When did you start dating?" a girl, Chika Miyoshi, asked trying to get between them. Ayako pulled Hayate closer to him, grasping onto his arm as tightly as she could without hurting him.

"Who are you?" Ayako asked cautiously . the girl only glared back at her. "Oh I get it, your that girl. The one that cheated right? Haya Kun, why would you date such a loose woman?"

"If anyone is the loose woman it's you! You who flirts with anyone!" she yelled. Chika's face started to run. A bit from anger, but mostly embarrassment. Hayate said that he loved her, that no matter what that he would always love her. To her, he was a liar. "Your disgusting! You have so many rumors about you running through these halls! Did you know that, Hayate? They say she sleeps with her homeroom teacher, and that she plays with older man. That all her money she gets is from selling her body. She was abandoned by her parents because she's the child of an affaire! Yet you chose to pick such a horrible woman? Over me?" Ayako laughed. It wasn't cute, or sexy. It had caused an shiver to pass through each student in the room.

"Groundless rumors?" she said. Her voice no longer light and sweet, but instead it was type of throaty dark seduction that caused confliction in if weather She was sexy or scary. "Only a child would believe in those or even react. Who cares what unrelated people say? Even if you knew the truth, even if all those things were true, I'd still be a better choice than a selfish girl like you."

"Kitagawa San...." Hayate sighed and pulled away from her. "That's enough." he smiled warily. "Your cute face might wrinkle faster if you make that face." Ayako pouted and pulled something from her bag.

"Don't say things like that. It already sucks that I'm already older than you." she mumbled with her lips pursed. She looked up at Hayate, noting that he was in fact short. But he was still taller than her. She smiled sweetly. "Let's go. If we wait any longer, they will run out." Ayako grabbed his hand. "I've always wanted to have a date like this." she blushed, causing Hayate to blush.

I'm going to really fall for her...

Trust me, your not going to win. Even if you wiggle into her heart, he will always be the first she thinks of.

"What?" Hayate panicked. Ayako looked at him, slight worry for him. "Oh... Um... Its nothing. In just.... hearing things."