Chapter 22: Hamish

John's pov:
Today was the greatest day of our lives. we got the best present in the world.
"Sherlock Holmes... yes!... oh my god yes of course we will be on our way." Sherlock turned to me and his face was lot up with joy.
"He is being born our son John!" I started to jump up and down with excitement. I then looked at Sherlock and we kissed passionately. I loved him so much. we got into a cab and went to the hospital.

Sherlock's pov:
We climbed out the cab and ran into the building knocking over people and John apologising to the people I knocked over. Always nice John. I got inside and examined the walls for the maternity ward. I ran inside as fast a I could. I then heard the screaming from Mary the women who was going to deliver our child. I then got told to stay outside as we weren't relatives of the mother. I then heard no more screaming now I deduced she had him. We walked in as we were given permission. I walked in with John holding hands. the women smiled at us and she had are little boy. I smiled so brightly that John just couldn't stop smiling.
"Here you go Sherlock I owe you a favour." I took are little boy and cradled him in my arms. I then turned to John tears piercing my eyes.
"What are we going to call him?' I cried.
"Hamish I think that's nice." I nodded holding Hamish.
"Yes I love it!" I kissed him and we both started cradling are boy.
"So boys have you got a name for him?" we looked at eachoter and smiled.
"Hamish!" we said unison. The women smiled at us and brought are birth certificate in. We held it and our child was allowed to go home with us. We gave Mary a big hug and some presents as a big thank you. I then kissed John and we left to go to 221b Baker Street. We climbed into the cab and Hamish was sleeping sound on John's lap.

John's pov:
Tears started to trickle down my face as I held Hamish. His breathing soft and hair starting to go curly black. He also had those piercing blue eyes.
"Sherlock?"
"Yes John."
"he has your hair and eyes." Shelrock smiled and stroked his hand across Hamish's face. I looked into Sherlock's ocean blue eyes. I then looked at Hamish recognising all the similarities between us. I then felt the cab stop and we were outside the flat. We went inside to find everyone standing there clapping and congratulating us on the boy. I turned to face everyone tears threatening to spill down my face. When Sherlock came and kissed me softly taking Hamish carefully out my hands. He went of to Molly and Mycroft.
"How does he do it John? He is a sociopath, but when he finds you he has... like... more confidence and he.. he can look after a child!" Greg almost shouted as he was so excited, but so surprised how Sherlock could cope with this. I guess I felt the same.

Mycroft's pov:
I turned to see Sherlock coming over to us with the baby boy. I wondered what his name was.
"So Sherlock what did you call him?" Spoke Jim. Sherlock still held a grudge after the fall, but it is slowly fading.
"His name is Hamish." He simply answered. I looked into the oblivious child and saw his fathers piercing blue eyes and wild curly hair. Then I noticed John's nose and mouth like features. Brave like his dad and hopefully not as annoying as Shelrock.
"Well brother I see you are deducing my child." I looked at him and smiled the classic Holmes smile only is two understood. Molly then stepped in and asked for Hamish. She cradled his fragile body in her arms and whispered a lullaby I guess she knew from her mother. Hamish slowly fell asleep and John and Sherlock took him to his room, which used to be John's.

"We're back." John spoke. Everyone smiled and congratulated them even more. Gregory looked at me lovingly and came over.
"Look Myc we could have that. Sherlock can deal with his so well."
I looked at him and smiled almost agreeing with him.
'Not yet, but I would love one."
I grabbed Gregory and kissed him wrapping my hands around his waist and scrunched up in his hair. Everyone starred at us then returned back to their conversations. I then broke away slowly and locked our hands together.

Sherlocks pov:
I felt everyone hug me and John. We all joined in and everyone started to leave. I kissed mrs Hudson goodbye and she retire downstairs to we flat. We locked our flat and went over to the sofa. John turned on the TV, but I grabbed a book and rested my head on John's lap. I felt him twisting my curls playing with then softly. I then felt my eyelids slowly close and dreams started to feel me.

"Wahhhhh!" I instantly rose and John woke up startled. I then realised Hamish was crying. I ran upstairs and cradled him in my arms. I sung him a lullaby my mother sung to me.
"Little boy blue, come blow your horn,"

"The sheep's in the meadow, the cow's in the corn"

"Where is the boy who looks after the sheep?"

"He's under the haystack, fast asleep."
Hamish started to yawn and fell slowly asleep. I then noticed John smiling in the doorway.
"Wow Sherlock that was beautiful." I smiled at him ten grabbed his hand. We stood above Hamish as we watched his chest slowly rise and fall. I kissed John's head and we went to the bedroom. We climbed into bed and looked into each others eyes. I searched John's eyes for any worry or regret, but everything shows pride and love. I kissed him passionately. He returned the kiss and we just sat there hugging. Slowly dreams consumed us and we slept.

Author note-
Well a few more chapters guys and I am done. I hope to do a sequel to this and hopefully start more of the mystrade story. please guys give me votes and ideas I love your feedback. Thanks.
Laterz. JB