Chapter 25

Allistair's POV

You should stock healthy foods.

Having that noted in my mind when Kirsten said it, I made it as a mission as soon as I set foot inside of the grocery store to pick the healthy ones and only those have the right to stay in my cart. I went to the veggies section and got some lettuce and tomatoes. I picked some cucumber and strawberries too.

Moving on, I got myself a carton of fresh milk and tried my very best to walk past the row of energy drinks. I also replaced them with pineapple and four season juice. This would be sufficient.

My hands were itching to grab some packets of instant Ramen but I bit my tongue and walked straight to the pasta gondolas and got myself a linguine and some mix of basil and four cheese pesto to go with it. Thinking it would better go with olives and mushroom, I grabbed some.

Deciding what else should I get, I wandered from gondolas to another with the prospect of getting a little more items. That's when I thought of the heavenly strips.

Bacon. I said to myself and hurried on the chest fridge.

"Al?" I froze together with the non living thing am holding. I know that voice, very well.

"Hey! It's you." She stood in front of my half full cart with an awed expression.

What's so amusing in meeting me again when you already walked out on my life a long time ago? And she have the audacity to call up on me and she's all smiley? What the hell is wrong with this girl?

I just shrugged.

"Long time no see." Can't she sense my distress with her presence? Why does she have to be this cool while am barely being cordial?

"Yeah, since you walked out of my life." I spilled with spite that wiped out her smiley face.

"Oh." She started fumbling on her fingers aimlessly while I kept my face high. "I'm sorry, Al. I uh... I just thought to say hi."

If I were my old self who was all hung up on her, I would guess I'll be all over her by this time but no. I'm done and have moved on.

"How bout you say goodbye?" I pushed my cart past her and started to walk away but I felt a grip on my arm.

"Don't. Fucking. Touch. Me." I stressed and I felt her slid it down. Everything on that day under the rain came tripping down before my eyes. Anger rise on my chest and the need to pound her question after question was becoming heavier and heavier. The taste of the fresh rain surged its familiarity in my mouth.

"I'm sorry." Just like that I walked past her and went to pay the items I've got.

Not planning to stay any longer on the vicinity, I proceeded to check out my items and I pushed my cart towards my car and started to haul the grocery bags in the trunk.

"Al," upon recognizing the voice, animosity bit me relinquishing every ounce of my composure. I shut the door of the car harder than it should and I saw her flinch on her toes.

"What?" I hissed getting more impatient with her presence.

"Can we talk?" An involuntary humorless laugh came out of my mouth unable to hold back the spite.

"Talk? Isn't it too late for that?" I leant on my car and picked on my nails showing the boredom surfacing in. "I've moved on."

"I've haven't." It caught me off guard sending chills on my tendrils. I suddenly tensed up not expecting my body to betray me. Why do she still have this kind of effect on my body?