Chapter 13

Chapter 13
Wendy Marvell

Wendy

I was walking to the guild from the dorms, filled with too many thoughts on my mind.

The scene kept playing in my head, over and over and over again. Until now, I still felt scared. Though I wonder too how easily all that blood disappeared.

And, clearly from the expression on Maka-san's face, I wasn't the only one who saw what had actually happened.

"Wendy? Are you okay?" I snapped out of my thoughts as Charle spoke up. I blinked then turned to look at her. She was in her human form.

"Huh? Sorry, yeah." I answered with smile. She raised an eyebrow at me then transformed back into her Exceed form, landing on my shoulder.

"Wendy..." she trailed off, hugging me.

I took her off of my shoulder then brought her close to my chest, stroking her soft, white fur.

"Strange things keep happening.." she said, "It's getting even harder to try and protect you from all these sudden events." she looked up at me worriedly. (ehm, Stranger Things)

I gave her a big smile, "It's fine, Charle," I assured her, "I'm fine." she returned an uneasy smile then stayed silent as we continued to walk.

~•~

Lucy

I still hadn't gotten over what had happened.

I sat in my bed, unsure of what to do. My thoughts kept spinning and spinning.

And just as I thought that maybe I should sleep it off, I hear a knock on my door. Three distinct knocks on my apartment door.

I bolted up and went for the door. I opened it slightly to see who it was, but I ended up being pushed backward. "Lucy-san!"
"Oof!"

Maka-san came in, a rather desperate look on her face. She notices me and her expression immediately shows shock. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" she exclaims. I laugh it off, "Yeah, no, it's fine."

I fix myself, "So, what is it?"

She takes a deep breath then closes the door behind her, "Something happened.." I raised an eyebrow, "Between me and Soul.." I could see a hint of red on her cheeks and I realized what might have happened.

I widen my eyes in shock and I unintentionally grin from excitement, "What? Did you guys kiss? Did he do something like--"

"Wait, wait, wait!" Maka-san is blushing. Aww. She nervously shakes her hands in denial. "No, it's not what you think!" I look at her sneakily, "Oho, then why are you blushing so madly, Maka-chan~?"

She composes herself then sits on my bed on her own. I join her. "See, we did kiss--"
"Oh, so you did!"
"No wait, hold on!"

She sighs. "After the kiss, Soul fell to the ground," she began to explain. "He must have fallen head over heels for you with that kiss." I side-commented. She rolled his eyes, slightly blushing. "Like he would."

"Anyways, like I said, he collapsed,"
"Then?"
"He woke up,"
"Yeah, so?"
"He forgot about what had just happened."
"What."
"Yes, I know."

Maka-san stands up and sighs, "I feel so confused. What if Soul was just experiencing a dream he had, and I'm scared that--"
"It might have all been a lie?"
"That he could get hurt."

I stand up myself, "What?" I say in confusion. "Hurt? Hurt, how?"

"I don't know. What if another late dream comes after him? And it leads to something far more horrible and life-threatening?"