Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8
Snuggle ( )

(Btw, there's a SoMa scene here. Heheh...)

Kim

After two hours, Spartoi gathered together all of those injured to Fairy Tail, as Maka instructed, then I started healing the people one by one with my magic.

"Um, hello?"

I turned to face the voice behind me as I was about to move on with next person to heal. And right in front of me, was a girl about the age of twelve with her dark blue hair tied up in pigtails.

"Uh. Yes? What can I do for you? Are you hurt?" I asked her, bending down to her height. She replied with only a smile and her head shaking. "Actually, no. I'm here to help you!" she exclaimed happily, her smile growing wider.

I scratched my neck, then gave her a ‘sorry’ smile. “Oh, um. I'm sorry, but you see,” I said. “I'm using magic to heal these injured. It might be a bother for your mother if she found out that you were wandering around alone.”

She chuckled then smiled again at me. She took out both her hands. “Well, my mother trusts me a lot and,” she began, and then a bright blue light appeared from her hands. “I can use healing magic too!” she finished, happily. Aww she's so cute!

(Btw, the mother Wendy is talking about here is Grandine :) )

I smiled at her then stood up straight. “Okay then! Come on then, um.. what exactly is your name?”

She smiled back at me. “Wendy!” she answered, then pointed to a cat with white fur, wearing a bow and a dress. “And this is my exceed, Charle!” she said.

The cat looked up at me, her arms crossed. What the hell.. Even Blair-- Maka and Soul's cat-- doesn't walk on two legs. Let alone cross her arms!

“Don't let Wendy overuse her magic, got it?” And now the cat talks!  I'm lost for words and instead nod in reply.

After that, I showed Wendy to a spot where she could heal the other citizens near me.

Soul

Maka and I were on top of the highest roof we could find in Magnolia, scanning the city if there still happened to be citizens going wild out there or something.

I look up at Maka as she held me-- as a scythe. The wind was blowing in her hair and she seemed to be solemn. "Maka,"
"Hm?"

She looked  down at me, her face calm. "You okay?" I asked her. She nodded, "Yeah, of course I'm okay."
"Then why do you seem so down?"

She shook her head, smiling gently as she did. "It's nothing, Soul." she assures me, then sits down on the edge of the roof, her feet hanging below.

I sighed. "Just tell me," I said, turning back into my human form and sitting next to her.
"I told you it's nothing."
"And I told you to tell me, baka."

She pursed her lips then gave up, sighing. "It's about Kid,"
"What about Kid?"
"I'm worried for him."

I winced. "Kid's alright now, Maka. You see him smiling all the time when he's with us, right?" I told her, giving her a small smile.
"Yeah, but.."

I put my arms around her, then hugged her tight. "Come on now, don't think about that," I said. "Just think about me and this hug."

And at that, she pushed me away, making me let go of her, and she hid her face from me. I chuckled, crossing my arms. "You're blushing, aren't you?" I smirked.