Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Unreal

Lucy

Natsu fell to the ground as soon as Asher had said that one specific word. Stop.

I didn't know how or why that had happened, but it was definitely scary as hell.

"Natsu! Are you okay?" I asked, down on my knees to help him. But Natsu had passed out on the floor.

I slowly pulled him up, then put all my strength to just carry him on my bed.

I looked around for Asher, but he was gone. What? Did he use some sort of ancient forbidden magic and decide to flee?

I shook it off instead, then tended to Natsu again. He was sound asleep, and I checked his temperature, and his breathing. He seemed just fine.

But what happened just now? Why was Natsu acting that way? And to me?

Natsu stirred in his sleep and I nearly jumped in surprise. He kicked his feet to the blanket, turning to the other side. I sighed in annoyance.

I pulled the blanket over him then tucked him in properly. Aish, seriously Natsu..

I looked at him, my brows furrowed. It kind of hurt. Being rejected by Natsu just like that, and having to take care of him after all of it. What did I do to have to deserve this?

I stood back up, then turned to go to the kitchen. Well, at least until I felt Natsu grab on to my wrist.

I felt the goosebumps trail on my skin, then looked back at him. He gave me a deep look, "Lucy," I flinched as I heard his voice. "Um, w-what?" I stammered nervously, as his grip on me tightened.

"Where are you going?" he asked, his brows furrowed. Then he let go of me, "Why am I here?"

I blinked twice, "What, you don't remember?" I caressed my wrist, "You came barging in here yelling at me."

"What?"

I took a deep breath, "Well, um, now that you're awake, you can go back now." I managed to say, taking the blanket he had just used and bringing it back inside my closet.

I headed to the door, then opened it for him, "Go. Lisanna's probably wondering where you are."

Besides, the pain of seeing him here in my apartment with him dating another girl is just too much for me. And now that he's awake, who knows what might happen that could give me false hopes.

He slowly stood, an eyebrow raised as he looked at me, "Lucy, are you oka--?"

"Yes. I'm fine, Natsu. So just leave already."

He was taken aback. He was shocked, but then obeyed me anyway, heading out the door, before I closed the door fast after I knew he was gone.

Agh.

~
Maka

I made my way to the library Levy-san told me about. I was hoping I could get some information on what only I saw and not anyone else.

Soul followed behind me, despite the repeated times I told him that it was fine if he didn't come. But I guess apparently, he thought that I was using reverse psychology on him, and just did the opposite. Sigh.