Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1
Another Kishin

Maka Albarn

"WHAT?! ANOTHER KISHIN?!" I exclaimed. I couldn't help it. Another kishin was on the loose and we're to be the ones to defeat it, again.

"Calm down, Maka." Soul said then looked back up at Death, "We can handle it." he told him, smirking.

"Great. I'll be sending you two, Black☆Star, Tsubaki, and of course, my son, Kid and his weapons, Liz and Patty." Death replied, "Good luck, and take care."

"MAAKKAA MY BABY! DON'T LEAVE ME!" Urgh, him again. "Go away, Dad."
Death sighed then held down my father. "You may go," he said, while dad struggled to break free.

I smiled in thanks then Soul and I headed out of the room to exit the school.

"When are we going anyway?" Soul asked as he headed to his bike. "Uhh.. Around next week." I answered, following behind him.

He hopped on then revved up his bike. "Let's go." he held out his hand to me and I took it. He pulled me up and I sat behind him.

I wrapped my arms around his chest. His chest.. Soul began to drive. "Hey, Soul?" I blurted out, resting my head on his back. "Yeah?"

"Does it still hurt?" I said. He stifled a laugh, turning to the shortcut we usually used. "Are you seriously still thinking about that?"

I nodded, making it obvious as my chin touched his back. "Is it so wrong? I'm worried about my partner. Besides, I'm to blame for being so weak."

I could tell Soul smirked at that comment. "So you really do like me, that you're even worried eh?" I felt my cheeks burn, then hit him on the shoulder with my free arm.

"Shut up! I didn't say I liked you, you idiot!" he laughed, then shook his head. "You never take a joke huh, Maka?" My cheeks flushed.

"By the way, it wasn't your fault you know. I decided on jumping in front of you. You didn't pull me in front of you as your shield. I willingly did it. You're my meister after all." He said, quickly looking at me to give me a smile.

I smiled back then hugged him tight enough. "Thanks, Soul."

Soul finally parked in front of our house and was greeted by none other than Blair. "There you both are!"

Blair rushed to hug us both. "Where have you both been? I've been craving fish all day!" she whined, turning into a cat.

She climbed up onto my head then pouted in front of Soul. "Soul-kuuun! I'm hunngrryy!" she complained. Soul went straight inside, "Don't ask me. Maka's cooking today."

"Mak--"
"Yeah yeah, I know."

As I entered our house, I headed to the kitchen and took out the fish from the freezer for it to melt. I set up the sauces and took out a few leftover porkchops from last night for myself. I microwaved them for a few minutes then waited.

"Hey Maka," Soul suddenly said, entering the kitchen. He sat on the counter-- "Off the counter, Soul!" I complained. He rolled his eyes then stood up, leaning instead.

"What is it?" I asked, crossing my arms. "Where are we going exactly?" I thought for a moment then finally remembered.

"Uhh, some place called Magnolia?"
~•~

Lucy Heartfilia

It's been bad for me today. Straight bad luck, sheesh.

In the morning after my shower, I found Natsu and Happy sleeping on my bed. I mean seriously, have they been up all night just to sleep on my bed?!

Second, when we got to Fairy Tail, Mira seemed to be having bad vibes, so when I tried talking with her, she sent me a glare which sent chills down my spine! Then she stormed away, angry.

The next, Team Natsu went to a job only to find out that they-- not me -- ruined the whole place again, leaving us with no cash because of the repairs.

And last of all, I had actually fallen into the water by my apartment, because of the fact that it had rained and I happened to slip on a puddle.

Urghh, I wish this day would end already.

I looked up at the night sky from my window and could see a familiar figure coming towards me.

"Luucy!" I heard Happy say, as I watched him come through the window. "What is it now?" I asked, annoyed.

"Something's happened at the guild."

~•~

We ran to the guild. Well, me. Happy was flying. Damn exceed.

When we got there, Natsu was outside, leaning on the wall. He looked exhausted and out of breath, and he had bruises and scars.

"Natsu? What happened to you?!" I exclaimed, kneeling down to help him up.

But when I held his arm, he winced. "Lucy, d-don't." he staggered as he stood up.

"Happy, get Natsu to my apartment would y--"
"Yoour house huuh?"
"HAPPY."
"Okay okay, I get it.."

Happy carried Natsu up then flew back to the same direction we came from.

I rushed inside.

I saw the tables turned up and wood was cracking in most places. I spotted some our members beaten up just like I had found Natsu earlier.

"What.. happened.."

"L-Lu-chan!" Levy called out, limping towards me. "Levy!" As soon as she got to me, she fell down in my arms.

She panted and breathed heavily. "What.. happened here?" I asked, helping her sit down against the wall.

Levy looked up at me, then looked back down. "A.. A kishin came."