Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5
The Blue Girl

Lucy

Natsu, Gray, Happy and I began walking back to the guild. We were all confused.

The dreams we had last night came true. I mean I don't know about Natsu, but still.

As we finally reached the guild, we were greeted by a riot of our guildmates. Well, a more chaotic one than the others. Some were screaming, fighting, eating, and even crying.

"What the hell's going on?" Gray said, scanning the room. "Lu-chan! Gray! Natsu!"

I looked to the direction of the voice, and clearly the voice was Levy. "Levy-chan! What's happening here?" I asked her directly.

She shook her head then looked back up at me. "Not now. Follow me." she grabbed my wrist, along with Natsu's, with Gray and Happy following behind.

Levy led us to the infirmary, and we found two people sitting on one of the beds. A teen boy with white hair and next to him, also a teen girl with light-blonde hair.

"Levy!" The blonde said, smiling up at her, Levy smiling back. "Uh..?" I muttered under my breath, confused.

I breathed a sigh then went over to the blonde girl. "Hi! My name's Lucy!" I greeted her with a gentle smile.

She returned the favor, by smiling back then we shook hands. "I'm Maka!"

"Oh, and this is my partner, Soul." she said, then pointed at the boy beside her. I smiled at him then took out my hand. "I'm Lucy--!"
"Annoying."

I froze. "Eh?"
"Tch. I said that you're annoying, baka."

I blinked twice then sat down next to Maka. I bowed my head down and Maka began rubbing circles on my back, smiling. "Sorry, he's always like that."

"Soul, apologize!" she demanded. I could only continue to bow down.
"For what? Trying to have my peace?"

Maka glared at him, then took the closest book to her. "Maka.." she then raised up the book above Soul's head.

And then she hit his head hard. "CHOP!"
"Maka!"
"Apologize."
"No."

"Uhh.. I-It's fine really.." I said, but they clearly didn't hear me.
From my point of view, Natsu, Happy, Gray and Levy just stared at the two, like I did as they continued to rant on. Levy raised up her hands to calm them down.

"Ehh.. Um, this isn't why I brought you here you know.."

We all shut our mouths then turned to Levy.

Then she began explaining everything.

~o~

Black Star

"Oi, Tsubaki."

I look down at Tsubaki in the form of a katana. "What is it?" She asked me gently.
"There's a girl crying over there." I replied.

"What? Where?!" She seems concerned. What? Is it a girl thing? Wah, I don't really care. I only care about surpassing God.

I pointed at the direction of the blue-haired girl using Tsubaki's katana form. "Black Star, let's get down there!" she demanded, though her voice still stayed gentle.
"Why?"

"A girl's crying over there! Shouldn't we help?" I sighed then rolled my eyes. "Let's make this quick." I just want to fight the kishin already! Come out, kishin!

I jumped down from the roof I was standing on. Why the roof, you ask? Maka said something that it would be easier to find the kishin if we look for him from above. Eh whatever.

"Yo, blue girl, you okay?" I asked straight-forwardly. What? I want to get this over with already. "Don't be rude. And by the way, you have blue hair too, you know." Tsubaki said, as she changed back into her human form.

I crossed my arms as I watched Tsubaki kneel down in front of her. "Hey, um, are you alright?" Tsubaki asked the girl.

She slowly looked up at Tsubaki but then quickly looked back down. "G-Gray-sama..." she muttered under her breath, in between sobs. "J-Juvia is hurt.."

"Juvia?" Tsubaki and I said,

We exchanged glances then turned back to blue girl.

She looked back up at us then pointed to herself. Ahh, so she is Juvia.

"Come on, Juvia. Let's find a place to hide. It's dangerous out here because of the kishin's doing." Tsubaki said, helping her stand up.

"Kishin?" Juvia asked. Tsubaki sighed, "I'll explain later."

Tsubaki then gave me a look. I sighed.

"Hop on, Juvia." I said, positioning myself to give her a piggyback ride.

"J-Juvia.."

I was about to say that it would be okay to not ride on my back, (besides I didn't want to in the first place) when Tsubaki leaned in close to my ear and whispered:

"She's hurt inside, you know. She might break down again, so the least you could do is to support her!"

I rolled my eyes then groaned. "Come on, Juvia!"

Sheesh, Tsubaki sure is serious when it comes to her own kind. And by that, I mean girls.

Finally, Juvia rode on my back after a few hesitations. Then we went looking for a place to hide her in.

~•~

Maka

Levy explained everything to us; about the dreams they all had last becoming a reality and such, which was all the doing of the kishin.

Soul and I didn't exactly receive detailed information about the kishin, but know that we know that he's capable of actually turning nightmares into reality.. sigh.

Anyway, after all her explaining, Levy and I decided to split us into groups to try and stop their guild's nightmares from going any further.

Well, except me, Levy and Soul. Levy was going to research and investigate more about the kishin and his possible identity.

While Soul and I were to find Kid and the others and help each other with the nightmare-stopping process thing.

We bid them a temporary goodbye then headed out of the guild, avoiding the guild members carefully.

"Maka, can you sense their souls? And maybe incidentally, the kishin?" Soul asked.

"Yeah, but not the kishin though." I replied, jumping on top of a roof, Soul following behind me, avoiding two people experiencing their nightmares as well. Sorry, I'll deal with both of you later.

"Black Star and Tsubaki are somewhere over there in the west, and Kid, Liz, and Patty are in the east." I told him, stopping.

"I can sense another group of souls though in Kid's direction," I continued. "Yosh. I'll head there, while you join up with Black Star and Tsubaki."

I nodded in reply then we both went our separate ways.