Chapter 12: Dizzy spells

Katniss

I wake up at 8am, after a relatively good night's sleep. Peeta is sitting up in bed, staring at me.
"Morning," I say
"Morning beautiful," he says in reply.
I sit up and kiss him, passionately. He kisses me back. Sparks are flying and I feel it everywhere in my body. I am first to break the kiss.
"I'm going to have a shower, okay Peeta?"
"Yes. I'll have one after you and start breakfast." he says in reply.
I go into the bathroom and start the shower, the warm water splashing my face. I look in the mirror and see the pretty highlights Flavius put in my hair. They did a great job at making me somewhat camera ready. Unfortunately, nothing can truly prepare you for what it's like to face Caesar Flickerman in an unprepared interview. I step into the shower to wash my hair, face and body before I get ready for the big interview to try and get the nerves out and calm my mind.

Peeta

Katniss just went to the shower. I'm super nervous for today. I pull out the box and hold the ring in my fingers. I feel the smooth gold band with the embedded diamonds. I feel the familiar round pearl in the middle. This day will change my life forever if everything goes to plan. Katniss has juts gotten into the shower. I walk down the hallway and see that the prep team are awake and ready. They are setting up in the big bathroom. This doesn't affect any of us as every room as an ensuite. I walk quickly down the hallway to check that Annie and Johanna are up. Thank god, they both are wide awake and getting in the shower. I wouldn't have liked to have been the person to wake up the pregnant woman or the axe woman. I rush downstairs and start slicing up some bread I made yesterday to make some toast. I make some eggs as well - the chances are we will not be eating until after the interview if I know Effie. I finish cooking, set everything aside and go back upstairs. Thankfully Katniss had finished her shower by now and was sitting on the bed in her robe. She smiles as I enter the room.
"Your turn, I smell breakfast." she says with a sweet grin.
"I guess it is," I reply back to her with a smile.
I enter the shower and shower myself as fast as I can. I get out and see myself in the reflection of the mirror. I'm no longer the broken mutt of the capitol. I'm getting back to being me. Just me and only me again. I put on my underwear and a robe, and head downstairs.
As I get downstairs I see everyone seated at the table, waiting for me to begin eating. We all eat the breakfast with a slight hurry, as it is 9.30am already. Before we know it, Effie will be here, and then the countdown will begin.

Everyone devours breakfast and helps clear up the dishes. The prep team call me into makeup first.

I enter the big bathroom. Flavius greets me.
"Now Peeta, we will just be putting some photofinisher powder on you and maybe some contouring. please sit in the chair."
I sit in this huge chair, as Venia and Octavia dust fluffy brushes lightly over my face. The whole process finishes very quickly.
"Peeta, you are now free to do whatever you need to do. we will get you back in here to put on your suit and comb your hair in an hour." said Flavius.
"Please send Katniss in." Octavia continues.

I walk downstairs to be greeted by Effie. She embraces me in a warm hug.
"Good morning dear, I trust you have adhered to the instructions I sent everybody," starts Effie.
"Yes Effie, I've even already had my makeup done."
"Fabulous. Now would you mind getting me a cup of coffee?"
"Sure." I reply as I walk into the kitchen. Effie for once, doesn't seem stressed out of her mind. Snow's not involved and nor are the games. I serve Effie her drink and tell Katniss to head into makeup. I have some time to kill now, so I may as well start on cleaning up from breakfast.

Katniss

I head upstairs into makeup, and immediately sit in the chair. Octavia and Venia start on my makeup, while Flavius heats up the curling iron to touch up my curls. Lucky for me my hair is out in this interview. I nearly fall asleep in the chair. Flavius just pinned back a few pieces of my hair out of my face. With the highlights, my hair looks like it is glowing. Venia and Octavia have nearly finished my makeup. It feels light, and is very natural except the lipstick.
Finally they finish. The clock is ticking. They tell me to be back in around an hour for wardrobe, and to please send Annie in.
When I finally get downstairs, I find everyone on the couch watching a old movie called "The Sound of Music". I send Annie upstairs, and snuggle up with Peeta on the couch. I am surprised that Johanna hasn't made remarks about the fact that we are all in our underwear and robes.
Peeta starts to kiss my neck, knowing he will get a response out of me. I tip my head back and sigh. Johanna immediately turns around.
"Keep it in your pants, lovebirds. And the prep team won't be very happy with you Katniss if you decide to continue that because they will have to fix your makeup."
"Fine, we will stick to this." Peeta replies with a grin as he goes back to nuzzling my neck.
"Where's Effie?" I whisper to Peeta.
"Fixing the room we will have the interview in."
"Let's leave her to it then, shall we?"
"Agreed." says Peeta as he returns to my neck. Little sighs keeps escaping my lips and Johanna seems to think that it is the stupidest thing in the world. I eventually end up sitting on Peeta's lap. He is still nuzzling neck, but now massaging my shoulders as well.
"I swear I'll make it up to you later," I whisper to Peeta. He grins in reply.
Johanna turns around again and looks gobsmacked. "Are you seriously doing it on the couch? Infront of others? Before an interview?" she asks, completely serious.
"We aren't doing it, I promise." I reply.
"Not yet, at least." replies Johanna.