Chapter 10: Remake

This chapter is dedicated to my good friend harmonizerspizza

Johanna

Katniss just emerged from being in the bathroom for what feels like forever. The prep team did a really good job on her. They are certainly much better than the team I had when I was in the hunger games. They fixed her hair up, put some highlights in it, polished her skin and practiced the makeup. It's all very natural - thank god. Her nails are stunning - of course she chose a sunset style. The prep team come out and go looking for Annie. I recognise them - Octavia, Flavius and Venia, if I remember correctly. Octavia comes up to me.
"Have you seen Annie? She's meant to be next in prep and wardrobe."
"She's asleep. She didn't get much sleep last night."
"Best not wake her up then. You can come next."
I stand there, slightly shocked. These Capitol people don't like deviation from their schedules.
"Come on then, Johanna. We have something special lined up for you." said Octavia as she beckoned me into the bathroom. It is huge. I see the beauty chair in the corner where they have everything set up.
"Hello Johanna, I am Flavius. I will be doing you hair. Venia here will be doing your waxing and Octavia will be doing you nails. Now, since your hair is short, you have a few options. We can either clean it up, or give you extensions to shoulder length. Then we can decide what to do colourise from there."
"Okay. Can I have long hair again? I miss it. And how do you do that?"
"We have a special way of fusing hair to your ends and it fuses with your real hair and acts like it as well. It will look and feel just like your real hair."
"That sounds fine. What about colour?"
"How about putting red back in again? But this time, no fringe, and we can dye the second half of your hair when the extensions are in, and fade it up?'
"Sure."
"I'll get right to it." replied Flavius as started heating up a flat iron and preparing the hair extensions.
"What would you like on your nails, dear?" asked Octavia. I hadn't noticed, but she had already cleaned and prepped my nails. This prep team is really quite reasonable. Katniss got very fortunate. 
"How about red?"
"Sure." I reply. I notice that Flavius has attached half of my new hair. It's remarkable shiny and healthy - unlike what my old hair used to be before it got shaved off. Venia comes up to the chair.
"Would you mind if I waxed your face now while the hair is being attached and the nails are setting?" she asks me, politely.
"Sure."
"Are you particularly sensitive to waxing?"
"No, never have been."
"Great. This should be easy for you then." she says as she waxes my eyebrows.
Shortly after, Flavius has finished attaching my new hair and Octavia had finished my nails. I saw her planning my makeup. It was all looking natural, except for some cat eyeliner, which is fine with me. Venia had moved onto waxing my legs.
"Okay Miss Johanna, what do you think of your new long hair?" said Flavius as he handed me a hand mirror. For the first time, I saw my long hair. It was gorgeous, luscious and healthy. I had no fringe, for the first time.
"Can we maybe not leave it straight?" I ask, tentatively.
"I was going to curl it once I dyed it."
"Thank you." I say politely. Venia had finished waxing me. She was very efficient.
"I have finished your nails, Johanna." Said Octavia. I looked down and saw my nails. They were stunning. "Thank you, Ocatvia." I say, grateful.
"Now Johanna, you have very neutral makeup, except for the eyeliner.'
"That's fine with me."
"I'm going to put it on you now so we can see the full look with your hair and wardrobe.'
I smile gratefully.
(1 hour later)
Flavius, Venia and Octavia have finished prepping me. They are getting my dress and accessories together. After what feels like forever, they bring out a long fitted black dress with a flared bottom, ankle length, small cap sleeves and a square neckline. Then I noticed the back - it was translucent to my lower back. This was the perfect dress for me. They handed me diamond earrings. They got out an extraordinary pair of shoes; they were toweringly tall yet had no heel.
The entire outfit was surprisingly comfortable yet remained very classy. I emerged from the bathroom, to be greeted by Katniss, still standing there in her outfit next to Annie.
"You polish up pretty well, Jo."
"You don't do to badly yourself, Katniss. And Annie, you are next in the prep room."
"Thanks for not waking me earlier."
"You're welcome. We figured you could use it. Now go in and get polished up."
Annie went into the bathroom.
"I like your new hair. Really suits you." remarks Katniss
"I like yours too. Your prep team are very pleasant, by the way." I reply.
"So I've been told. Anyway, what are we going to do at the interview?"
"Do what Plutarch said. Be nice."
"You got that message to?"
"We all did."
They both sat down, chatting about what they were going to discuss in the imminent interview with Caesar.

A/N:
Slightly shorter chapter but I'm hoping to post anther update today. I know this chapter was all about Johanna getting prepped, but next chapter is Annie and then other things are going to happen.Put any requests in the comments and let me know what you think.
Xx Avi