Chapter 5: Old Friends and Interruptions

They kept at it for a while. Their romantic  rendezvous was interrupted by a persistent sharp knock at the door that could be heard from Katniss' room upstairs.
"It can't be Haymitch. He would have used his spare key by now." Said Katniss , as she put her clothes back on. She quickly ran down the stairs with a shirtless Peeta in tow. She opened the door. She was completely shocked. It was Johanna.
"Well hello there loverjays, What took you so long?" Asked Johanna in her usual tone.
"What do you mean?" Asked Katniss, as Peeta hid behind her.
"I've been knocking out here for 20 minutes. How have you not heard me? I was about to go looking for an axe to bust the door down with..." Johanna trailed off as she noticed the shirtless Peeta in the background.
"What have you been up to?" Asked Johanna, sarcastically.
"Nothing in particular." Said Peeta as he came into view shirtless, nonchalantly.
"I knocked on the door of your house thinking you would be home, but, lo and behold, lover boy is at lover girl's house shirtless..." Said Johanna as she chuckled.
" I was about to ask if I could stay the night. I'm in district 12 because I needed to get away from the Capitol and 7 where I have nobody and nothing and a whole town of people asking me questions and I figured since you guys are here and the town has been flattened so nobody would bother me." Continued Johanna. Katniss still had a look of surprise on her face.
"Can I come in?" Asked Johanna.
"Sure." Replied Peeta, Katniss being at a loss for words. They let Johanna in. Peeta scrambled upstairs and put a shirt on then came back down.
"So, how has everybody's favourite star crossed lovers been doing?" Asked Johanna, sarcastically.
"Now you just sound like Caesar Flickerman. Going to get enough of him this week with the stupid interview...." Replied Katniss.
"Oh and they want to do my interview here. Something about the lack of prep teams. And Annie's too." Said Johanna.
"You realise that Annie is pregnant?" Replied Katniss.
"Sounds like a very Finnick thing to do. Get your slightly crazy wife pregnant right before you go off to battle and possibly die." Remarked Johanna.
"At least we will get to see her." Said Peeta as he reappeared.
"I don't actually think she is crazy." Replied Katniss.
"Right..." Replied Johanna, sarcastically.
Judging by the size of the bag Johanna is carrying, she isn't staying for just one night, thought Katniss.
"Oh, and I forgot to tell you when I was at the door but there is a huge package down at the train station for you guys. Something from the Capitol with supplies I think." Remarked Johanna.
"I'll go and get it." Volunteered Peeta.
"I'll wait back here for you. Get Johanna sorted." Replied Katniss as Peeta went out the door.
"So, how's lover boy been?" Asked Johanna.
"Fine. We have only been here a couple of days." Replied Katniss
"So, what have you been up to?."
"Trying to rebuild my life. How about you, what have you been up to since I shocked the nation."
"Nothing. Trying to avoid everyone and everything that could ask me about being tortured or being in the quarter quell. I see no ring on your finger."
"Calm down. We have been back together for a couple of days. I don't get why everyone expects us to just get married . It's not like we are ready. I'm not 18 yet. Peeta is only just 18. We need time to repair from what's happened."
"You may not be 18 but you aren't a teenager mentally by any stretch of the imagination. You grew up in the space of a month before going to your first hunger games. We all did. No victor went in a teenager, and we certainly didn't come out teenagers."
There was a moment of silence.
"So what are your plans to stay here?"
"I was wondering if you could find somewhere for me to stay."
"Well, Annie is coming too. I think you can stay in Peeta's old house next door. We can use that as a guest house for the time being. You can come here for meals or anything else if you like."
"Thanks." Said Johanna, gratefully.
Peeta came in the door with a huge box.

"I was just about to go looking for you." Said Katniss
"I found our box. Let's get some lunch ready. I'm sure you are hungry, Johanna." Said Peeta, as he carefully placed the box in the corner of the room.
"Are you going to open it?" Said Johanna.
"It can wait till later." Said Peeta.
"Peeta, can Johanna stay in your old house for the moment?"
"Sure, what about Annie?"
"I'll ask her when she gets here. She might want to stay with us, I'm not sure yet." Said Katniss as she went into the kitchen and looked in the fridge.
"Peeta, there really isn't much here. Any ideas?"
"I'll figure something out. You go sit with Johanna in the living room."
The girls left the kitchen.
"Lucky girl. Got everything she wanted. Peace. A boy. Who clearly loves her. And would do anything for her. And cooks. And moved in with her."
"I wouldn't go that far."
"I would. I don't think that relationships are for me. Considering all of you victors are paired off and are probably going to have kids, I'm going sit back and be the aunt. Who gives lots of cool presents. Who helps teach the kids. But doesn't have any of her own. Annie's already having one, and considering I know what the Capitol has done to Finnick she can have more of his children."
"How? He's dead."
"They took his sperm and froze it so they could create more Finnicks and extract genes from them. They never got that far. I'm sure Paylor will arrange for Annie to be able to carry another Odair child rather than get rid of them."
"So, artificially get Annie pregnant."
"Yup."
"I never thought someone could get so low as removing a part of someone else and using it for their own purposes. It's sick. The only good thing is that Annie will get to use it. Nobody else. And Annie is his widow. She is the only one who should use it."
They could both smell something amazing cooking in the kitchen. Peeta had conjured up something.
"Lunch is in the kitchen." Yelled Peeta.

A/N:
This chapter is dedicated to primrosesays. Please keep voting and commenting. Chapter 6 coming soon.
Xx,
Avi