Chapter 6: Arrivals and Hints

Warning: this chapter has a lot of PG13 towards the end.

Peeta had made soup and some of his best bread. They all sat down and ate.
"Aren't you going to open the package now?" Asked Johanna
"Well, of course." Said Peeta as he got the box, put it on the table and opened it. He laughed when he saw some of the items. There was a card from Plutarch and the doctors. There were various medicines. The healing ointment that they had used in their first games. Painkillers. Sleep syrup. Then he found a box of birth control and pregnancy tests. He held them up at Katniss.
"The doctors over there must really hate you." Said Peeta, jokingly.
"I think they are just hinting at something, considering your age and circumstances." Said Johanna, mockingly.
"Circumstances?" Asked Katniss
"You are still a pair of teenagers. That have been kept apart. For a long while. And you love eachother. And it's obvious as all hell in daylight. I think they just want you to be 'safe'." Said Johanna, with a smirk on her face.
"It's a matter of when not if it happens." Continued Johanna.
There was silence.
"Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am." Continues johanna.
"You're probably right Johanna. But I don't want children." Said Katniss.
"Why would the girl on fire not want children?" Asked Johanna.
"Because. Fear." Said Katniss, quietly. She felt Peeta sneak behind her and hold her close. His arms were one of the few places she ever felt safe. She felt him kiss her neck, her weak spot. She accidentally let out a tiny sigh.
"No need for a PDA here.... If you haven't forgotten Annie will be here in an hour or two. A pregnant Annie." Said Johanna
"Of course, we better get things ready for her." Said Peeta as she let go of Katniss.

Less than an hour later, Annie arrived at the train station. Peeta was there to greet her and walk her to their home.
"Annie! How are you?" Exclaimed Peeta.
"Feeling better than I was a week ago." Said Annie. Katniss told Peeta after she was on the phone with Annie that she had been suffering bad morning sickness last week.
"That's good. Just letting you know that Johanna is also staying with us."
"Yes, she told me before she told you."
"She's staying in my old place. We didn't know if you would want to stay with us or next door."
"Would you mind terribly if I stayed with you guys?"
"Not at all. I'm sure Katniss would agree."
Peeta promptly took her bags and walked home with her.

Just as Annie and Peeta arrived at the door, Katniss opened it.
"Annie! Long time no see!" Exclaimed Katniss.
"I hope you are feeling better since that last time I spoke to you." Continued Katniss.
"Yes, much better now that I'm not throwing up every morning." Replied Annie.
"How far along are you?" Asked Johanna.
"4 months. You wouldn't know because I'm not showing very much." Answered Annie.
"Do you know the gender?" Asked Peeta.
"Yes. It's a boy." Said Annie.
"You are going to have a little Finnick...." Said Katniss. Katniss noticed tears welling up in Annie's eyes.
"Annie, I'm so sorry, I could---" said Katniss as she was cut off by Annie.
"No. Finnick loved you like a sister. He would have done anything to protect you. And he is extremely thankful for you because now his son can grow up in a world that's better than the one we grew up in." Said Annie, as she came over and hugged Katniss.
"Do you have a name yet?" Asked Johanna.
"Yes. Finnick and I discussed it on our honeymoon. It's Noah. Noah Finnick Andrew Magellan. After mags." Said Annie with a smile on her face.
"You must be exhausted and hungry, Annie. Let me get you some dinner." Said Peeta.

After dinner, Johanna went to Peeta's old house; Annie settled in one of the guest rooms; Katniss and Peeta headed upstairs into their room. The night was pitch black. The silence was deafening.
"Are you tired?" Asked Katniss with a smirk on her face.
"Nope." Replied Peeta.
"Good then." Said Katniss as she shut the door quietly and clicked the lock shut. she slid her top off, revealing her soft lace bra.
"Let's finish what we started." Said Katniss as she removed Peeta's shirt. Peeta instantly pulled her towards him. He put his soothing hands on her waist and she put her hands around his neck. They stared into each others eyes. Then they went in for passionate kisses. Peeta's lips were soft and gentle. Kissing Peeta ignited a hunger in her. Instead of the kisses satisfying her, they made her hungry for more. She felt his gentle hands slide her leggings off her, leaving her in her soft lace underwear. Peeta stared for a moment, surprised by the nature of her clothing. She gave him a sly smile. She slid his jeans off. She felt his warm hands move up her bony back and unclip her bra. There were clothes all over the room. He picked her up as if she was a feather and put her on the bed and began kissing down her soft neck. He knew that was her weakness. She let out a little moan. She slid his boxers off him, tracing her fingers on his stomach. Peeta kissed her more. He slid her underwear off without her even noticing. He puts his hands on her bare hips. She felt warmer than she ought to. He reached down and broke kissing for a moment.
"I love you more than anything, girl on fire." Said Peeta as he moved his hands up and down her toned torso.
"I'm ready." Said Katniss. Peeta gave a cheeky smile.
She felt him enter and let out a small moan. He kissed her chest. They became one. They kept at the dance that was older than time itself all through the night, numbing all the pain and problems that they had remaining in their lives.

They both passed out, completely exhausted. It was no surprise to them that they woke up at 10 am the next morning.

Authors note:
Hey! Thanks guys for 130 views! Sorry this chapter was a bit late but I was really trying to edit it properly before I posted it.
Do you guys ship gale and Johanna? Let me know because I'm looking at different paths my story could take.
Xx, Avi